7-Eleven Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

Franchisee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at 7-Eleven in June 2009.

Initial training and franchisee testing.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cerritos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Very easy. I walked in and applied and they let me come in the same week to train. They needed someone on the cash and I had the experience with customer service.

Store Manager Interview

Was recruited by a headhunting firm. Interview was brief because firm had already weeded out the undesirables.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was standard questions. Biggest strength, biggest weakness, time dealt with a difficult employee, difficult customer.. Etc   Answer Question
    Minimal negotiations. Only could get a renegotiation if store assigned to after training was more than 20 miles from my home.

District Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Submitted application via the website. Shortly thereafter, I was contacted via email to set up a date and time for a phone interview with a Human Resource representative. On the day of the phone interview, the Human Resource rep called 20 minutes after the designated time. He sounded like he would rather be doing something other than speaking with me; he didn't give me an opportunity to finish a thought, never mind fully answer a question. Told me he would arrange a face to face interview then the next thing I know, I get an email stating the company wasn't going forward with the job. One week later, the position was relisted on the job boards.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question had to do with handling a franchisee with staffing issues.   View Answer

Field Consultant Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven in October 2009.

Found the listing on Career Builder while passively looking for a new job. Online application was typical. First interview was a phone interview with a HR rep. Simple questions about current and past experience. Next was a 1 on 1 with the same HR rep. About a 45 min interview in which many of the same questions were asked at a division office. Last interview was a panel interview with three market managers and the same HR rep. About 45 mins there as well. Received a phone call from one of the interviewing market managers a few days later to meet and discuss a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • One of the market managers asked me - Pulls a pen from his pocket and slides it to me "Please sell me this pen"   Answer Question
    Simple, I countered once and they met the requirements I had.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at 7-Eleven in March 2013.

The first step is to secure an application. These can be done in three ways: in the store that you are considering working in, in the regional office, or online. An assessment test follows the application process. The assessment test is taken in the regional office if you are in the island of Oahu. You use the telephone in the waiting room in order to let a HR person know that you are ready to take a timed assessment test, which is done on paper. You will answer basic calculation questions. Once done, you will then have to call someone to let them know that you are done with the assessment. The person who will take you assessment paper will be the done to conduct the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What makes you the perfect candidate?   View Answer

7-11 Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Provo, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at 7-Eleven.

I got a call and a few emails from a recruiter about getting an interview with him. I had 2 interviews with the same recruiter, 5 interviews with random people lasting anywhere from 1 hr to 2 hrs. They all said I was great and that I am a top candidate. This process has been 6 weeks and I am still considered a top candidate. They don't communicate about the process at all. I talked to the recruiter a week ago and he said I was still a top candidate. 8 weeks later I emailed the recruiter and he said it was filled. After going through all of that at least let me know I wasn't picked. Don't make me wait around and chase you down.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 7-Eleven in January 2011.

Interviewed casually, reviewed experience and verbal ability to communicate in English. Asked to start as soon as possible subject to personal documents required.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if a burglar comes to the door?   View Answer
    If you need somebody, I can start anytime. I can start with that kind of salary but like other employees, a raise would be most welcome.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ronkonkoma, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ronkonkoma, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at 7-Eleven in February 2013.

Was contacted by a recruiter online and sent my résumé . From there she called me for a phone interview. 2 days later I got a face to face interview . Seemed like a quick process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would handle a conflict with my supervisor?   Answer Question

Field Training Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at 7-Eleven in March 2011.

I went through a total of 8 interviews. The beginning of the series went rather quickly, then it tooks months to complete. I had a job when I started, so not dependent on getting the job. I kept constant contact with the recruiter, they were rapidly growing so I just think they weren't able to process as quickly as they would have liked.

Interview Questions
    • I had to literally stand in front of a webinar and give a training demonstration. Although I understood the reasoning, I had never "auditioned" before, a little unnerving, great experience though.   Answer Question