7-Eleven

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

Testing for business acumen, personality test, and two interviews with the same person. The interview was lengthy but it really just seemed like a nice conversation. The interviewer did talk on her phone the entire time I was taking the math portion of the business test which made it difficult to answer.

Interview Questions
  • None seemed difficult, just questions like 'have you ever been in a position of choosing between right and wrong and what did you do?'   Answer Question
Stressful and rushed.

Other Interview Reviews for 7-Eleven

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at 7-Eleven in June 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter. Phone interview in person interview then another interview with a different recruiter. It in all took 2 1/2 weeks to officially get hired with an offer. They sent me my offer letter 48hrs later.

Interview Questions
    They offered me an assistant manager position first. Paying me $14. I stated that's not what I interviewed for. I have a degree and I make more at my current job. They called back the next day and gave me the store manager position.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at 7-Eleven in May 2014.

I visited a 7-Eleven booth at a virtual job fair through the Lee Hecht Harrison career service. I didn't actually apply - I just perused the information at their booth. About a week later, I received a phone call from a recruiter asking if I'd be interested in applying. Having nothing to lose, I agreed and we set up a time for a phone interview.

The phone interview was definitely just a screening. He asked a lot of questions about my background. He was interested in the volume of revenue I had been responsible for as well as the number of direct reports I was used to having. He asked a few situational questions, most of which would be pretty simple for someone with leadership experience. After the phone interview, he told me immediately that he was going to set me up for a final interview with a Market Manager. He didn't give me vague answers or tell me that I could hear from them in 2-4 weeks. He then sent me an email with an actual application and an aptitude test.

The aptitude test was pretty standard. The typical agree/disagree choices, some simple math and problem solving. It took around 45 minutes to complete and was not timed. I took it the same day as my phone interview.

2 days later, which was yesterday, I had my interview with the Market Manager. It was one of the best interviews I've been a part of. He had my resume printed and had highlighted specific things he wanted to talk about. He had formulated his own questions specifically for me rather than using a generic interview packet, he was courteous and professional, but also kept the interview fun and lighthearted. There were times our discussion would go on a tangent, ending with one of sharing a humorous experience with the other and sharing a laugh. I really felt like my personality and social skills were tested. It wasn't only about having the answers to the questions, it was about effective communication skills and and the ability to interact with someone.

Some of the questions he asked:
    How would you describe your management style?
    How do you mediate conflict between employees?
    How can you use the P&L effectively?
    Tell me about the best manager you've ever had? What made them great?

Interview Questions
    • This is probably cliche, but he asked about my greatest strength and my greatest weakness.   View Answer
    I asked for $45k based on what I read on this site. They counter-offered $47,500 plus bonuses. I graciously accepted.

My interview was on a Friday, he said to expect my formal offer in my email Monday, so I guess it isn't set in stone just yet. But he did offer me a job and salary and I informally accepted.

Store Manager Interview

long and dreadful, drawn out

offer made was what I was looking for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at 7-Eleven in September 2013.

I applied for a position in Dallas TX about 7 days ago online. When the recruiter received the application we had set up a phone interview over the phone. When the phone interview took place, we discussed managerial competencies, situations, and work experience.

From that step he had set up an interview with the market manager which was about 5 days later. That interview consisted of managerial strengths and competencies also. We discussed a daily life in 7 eleven stores and the training expectations which where broken down by category.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult questions only come with no experience in the retail world. Every question has it's own answers, because it's happened to all of us as leaders to clerks.   Answer Question
    Get the research of the salary before negotiating. Plus it's all in the experience that a manager or a clerk does have.

Store Manager Interview

interviewed at 7-Eleven in August 2013.

The hiring process was about 4 weeks. I had to meet with different interviewers and fill out questionnaires. The interviewers were friendly. I think my many years of experience in managing really helped. I came in as an assistant manager because no managerial positions were available at the time, but was promoted to a manager position in several months.

Interview Questions
    • All questions seemed like standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Was recruited by a headhunting firm. Interview was brief because firm had already weeded out the undesirables.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was standard questions. Biggest strength, biggest weakness, time dealt with a difficult employee, difficult customer.. Etc   Answer Question
    Minimal negotiations. Only could get a renegotiation if store assigned to after training was more than 20 miles from my home.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ronkonkoma, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ronkonkoma, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at 7-Eleven in February 2013.

Was contacted by a recruiter online and sent my résumé . From there she called me for a phone interview. 2 days later I got a face to face interview . Seemed like a quick process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would handle a conflict with my supervisor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 7-Eleven in December 2011.

Reached out to by recruiter, who did an initial phone screen with me, another phone screen with management recruiter, one on one interview with FC, and background check as well

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at 7-Eleven in January 2011.

Intial Interview went great, everything in my opinion was on point, recruiter was very honest and straight forward in his approach to everything. HIs questions were very up front and to the point. He asked the normal questions to include What is a strength, When do you feel that you were not satisified with your performance at a previous job and other questions along that line. Keep following up to move yourself through the process though or else I believe you will get bogged down. I am sure these recruiters are all over worked and under staffed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to help implement a new policy or a change.   Answer Question