Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at 717 Parking
- Valet (2)
- Valet Attendant (1)
- Valet Operations Manager (1)
- Accounts Receivable (1)
- Area Manager (1)
- Operations Manager (1)
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at 717 Parking (Tampa, FL) in February 2015.
Applied to the job, got called into an interview the next day. Got hired on the spot, and went through my first training that same day. Couldn't work for almost two weeks due to availability conflicts between HR and the manager they had me assigned to. Once I quit my 2nd job, I had open availability and that is how I was scheduled. It did not seem like any effort was made on their part to schedule me at any location.
- Would I be opposed to a background check, or drug screening at any time? 1 Answer
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at 717 Parking in September 2014.
Applied on Career Builder and Craigslist. It was over three weeks before I received a call, I had receieved two offers with other companies I was deciding between but decided to interview based on my experience relevant to the job and the salary they had listed. After inteviews, wanted me to come back the next week to meet interview with the other brother/founder.
- I was told by the initial HR interviewer I seemed too serious and did not smile enough. She also kept repeating the days/hours required becuase, according to her, they do not like spouses upset by their employees hours. She repeated twice even after I said that was not an issue. 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
HR lady was a bad first impression from a prospective employee standpoint.
It appreared to me 717 had waited to long to worry about staffing for this project.
Other offers had better benefits.
- Accepted Offer
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at 717 Parking.
Interview through Skype. What management background do you have. Willing to drive your personal vehicle. Must be available at anytime to go fill in.Management was very detailed about the job and what I would experience.Straight forward about what was expected of me.
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 3 days – interviewed at 717 Parking (Tampa, FL).
It was the most stressful experience I have ever had, The head guy Jason, stressed me out more than any interview I could have been in. I could tell he was shady from the moment I talked to him. Pressure, involving ten other people in everything he does, to make you feel like you are insignificant.
- So I hear from other people that we are not good people, what do you think about us. Answer Question
Only pay was negotiated, They do not offer benefits
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at 717 Parking in September 2013.
- Respond to craigslist ad
- Get phone call asking for interview
- Go to downtown Tampa hq
- Sit in small room with more people than chairs
- Fill out official application
- Call some number to verify your personal info
- Wait to be interviewed, go to back room when its your turn
- Asked several easy questions about your experience and customer service skills
- Verify that you can drive stick shift
- Pay $40 for a shirt, belt, pair of shorts, and cheap nametag
- Attend 1 hour information meeting about the job
- Get phone call from your manager telling you when and where you'll be working
- None of the interview questions were difficult or unexpected. Answer Question
There was no negotiation, so many people respond to craigslist ads that they don't try to negotiate anything.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day – interviewed at 717 Parking (Gainesville, FL) in March 2012.
Very formal interview and was actually when I went in to submit my application. Sat in the managers office and only took about 15 minutes. We ended up talking more about football and joking than we did the actual job.
- Are you able to stand for hours at a time. 1 Answer
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at 717 Parking.
Got phone call to set up appointment to fill in application and do testing. Company in two buildings - not far apart, would allow for extra time to find right one. Written test on accounting - some questions were not really a/r like doing a bank rec. They said not to worry, just to establish general understanding. Had to do an Excel spreadsheet - you should know how to do formulas and sort.
- How do you handle multiple "emergencies" by multiple bosses? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review