8e6 Technologies Senior Technical Engineer Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Technical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at 8e6 Technologies in January 2012.

A friend referred me to this company because he worked there and enjoyed it. I applied three times in two months for different IT positions. I got a call back for the Sr. Technical Engineer position. The first call was with a HR person, the next day I got a call back from Department head for a general phone interview. I then was scheduled for a face to face interview.

The face to face interview consisted of a test that covered questions related Unix commands, Linux commands, HTTP, SMTP, Network, Subnet identification, & how you would write an email to a client & then R&D related to a possible bug found in their software. I was allotted an hour to complete the 18 page test.

The next portion was a brain teaser Q&A so the department head could get an idea of how my logical thought process. These brain teasers included math questions relating to how often something occurs, a trick Yes/No question featuring Tom & Jerry to see how quickly you'll respond when you only have two options.

Then we went over my test question answers, and did a Q&A for an hour and a half.

Overall the environment was very nice, everyone I met seemed very happy to work there. I had arrived early for my interview, so I asked to use the restroom so I could check out the place and see what kind of environment it was. Very clean, but friendly and open.

At the end of the interview I was told that if I was one of the candidates they wanted to re interview I would get a call in one to two weeks to interview with a visiting Vice President. It has been two weeks, and I noticed today that the job is re-listed on Dice.com as of the 25th of January.

This was one of the hardest interviews I have ever done. It was a positive learning experience for me.

Interview Questions
  • Tom is chasing Jerry again. Tom can run 1.5m/s and Jerry can run 1m/s. Jerry's mouse hole is 2m away. Tom runs into the couch and is entangled, getting free requires 1.5 sec. Will Jerry make it to the mouse hole? You have four min to answer, and can answer as many times as you'd like.   View Answer

Worked for 8e6 Technologies? Contribute to the Community!