8x8

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 8x8 in April 2014.

Interview Details – Call with HR where they ask your interest and past experience to setup an interview for back-end or front-end accordingly. Then first round of onsite interview with three people where they ask basic java questions and past experience. One hour round of coding challenge where they give three questions, that you need to code on your own laptop. If they like you then there will be a second round of onsite interview or they can directly give you an offer.

Interview Question – Implement a part of code from my previous project   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes mostly on my past experience

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 8x8 in May 2014.

Interview Details – Attended their onsite interview. Was given 3 programming questions, an hour to crack them.
1. Implement an LRU cache
2. Implement BST traversal and search for a given node. If exists, print path to that node
3. Producer Consumer problem

Once done with the coding, was asked to mail them to the HR. This round was immediately followed by face to face interview with one of the engineers. Questions were mostly about Java
- Difference between abstract class and interface
- How does a heap work
- How to implement connection pool etc

Interview Question – I answered all questions, the interviewer seemed happy. But got a rejection letter after a couple of days. No reason given. I think their system is to eliminate good engineers and keep the average/mediocre ones.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at 8x8

Interview Details – The process took around 3 weeks. Initially got a call from Recruiter and scheduled a telephonic interview with Hiring Manager. It was a basic technical round o Java and Linux. After the interview he asked me to write a program on Word count and send it to him email. The next day i got a positive reply and recruiter scheduled an on-site interview. The On-site interview consisted of 4 face-face interviews. One was again a technical and behavioral round. One was a coding round where i was asked the following qns
1. Height of a Binary Tree
2. Find last n-th element in a LL
3. Find two numbers that add up to a particular sum in an array.
Third round was with a developer who asked me to write a program on producer-consumer and left the interview room. She came back after some 15 mins, took my paper and asked me to wait for next round which was with the manager.

The final round was with the manager who asked me to write a code to remove duplicates in a string . He aslo asked some design qns related to projects i did.

I was successful with all programming qns and was positive about the interview.

Anyway i got a sorry lettter from HR after about a week.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

QA Engineering Intern Interview

QA Engineering Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 days - interviewed at 8x8 in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone call from HR then a scheduled interview call from QA manager.
Interview went for 40 minutes where the focus was on previous work experience and academic projects.
Networking knowledge was given importance, position required basic knowledge of various technologies. They required knowledge of NoSql databases, networking and java.
Questions were on TCP/IP, NoSql Database basic concepts.

Interview Question – Question on network protocols.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at 8x8 in March 2014.

Interview Details – One of the best experiences I have had in recent history. I only got to the 3rd stage before I dropped out of contention for another position. The process involved an phone interview with the recruiter, a phone & in-person interview with the SVP of marketing. Although I dropped out after this point, the SVP was clear on the next steps (which was great) that included an interview with one of their agencies that the person would be working with an interview with 2 other team members and a quick interview with the CEO (The CEO wants to meet all their hires.)

So like I mentioned earlier I dropped out of contention due to another job offer, however that is no fault of this company. They did all the right things, they look like their reputation on Glassdoor is improving and the SVP seemed like she would be a joy to work with; however, timing wasn't right and the company I ultimately choose to work for screamed through the interview process with me and gave me an offer in 4 days of the initial interview.

Overall, I would recommend this company to any one that is lucky to get an offer. The process was pretty painless and the SVP of marketing would be a great pleasure to work with.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Tell me about a time when your PPC campaign failed and what did you do about it.   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Training Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at 8x8 in March 2012.

Interview Details – 1st off their recruiter is terrible. Talks to you on the phone gets you to send information in then goes radio silent. With a person like this representing this company, it makes you wonder why on earth you would want to work for them.

Interview Question – Why you?   View Answer

Training Manager Interview

Training Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at 8x8 in October 2013.

Interview Details – E-mail, phone call, in person with 5 people

Interview Question – What do you know about me?   Answer Question

CSS, Business Analyst Interview

CSS, Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at 8x8.

Interview Details – 1) Open House
2) Phone Interview - HR screening
3) Phone Interview - Hiring Mgr
4) In-Person Interview: (5) different team members, stakeholders/mgrs
5) In-Person Interview: Follow up interview with Hiring Mgr

Interview Question – Walk through requirements gathering. Provide generic past case study.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Met my expected compensation pkg.

Sales Interview

Sales
Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at 8x8 in December 2008.

Interview Details – voicemail pitch , phonme interview, one on one in office and a technology knowledge test

Interview Question – why you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – seemed like a terrible work environment

Sales Interview

Sales
San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 8x8 in January 2009.

Interview Details – Craigslist ad, role play as if you are the sales agent calling a prospective customer (the Director), if he likes you he'll call in you in for a face to face. You will interview with him and managment, in their 20s and go from there. They ask very standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – How would you get up to speed on hitting quota?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they give you an offer and thats it. Take it or leave it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at 8x8

Worked for 8x8? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 8x8 interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by 8x8 employees and interview candidates.