99 Cents Only Interview Questions in Commerce, CA

2.0

Safety Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Commerce, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Process starts with phone screen which is standard, then a interview a couple of days later with the Risk Manager, then they wait a long time for them to call you back, you have to stay on top of them, not very diligent at returning either phone calls or emails, then in person interview and even more interviews. Not worth the time as they are very disorganized.

Interview Questions

They could not give concrete answers on salary, job description, benefits, per diem etc

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Commerce, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position about a month before I received a call. The buyer left me a message, I called her back about 2 minutes after and no answer, left a message. Called again later in the day, was handed to someone else who told me she was busy and to call the next day at 5pm for a phone interview. I called at 5pm on the dot and no answer. I called 5 minutes later and she was busy. Did not call back until about 6:30pm. When we did talk, it was a pretty easy conversation. She asked me a lot of questions about my personal shopping experiences at the store like what did I buy and how much did things cost. Talked about my background and what they are looking for. Was told another buyer would call on Monday and it is now Wednesday with no call.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about shopping at their stores.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Commerce, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The person I interviewed with was . . . not very professional. I just never got a good feeling, of interviewing at a professional place. First, they're located in a residential part of a 'not so good' part of town in East LA. That's even okay, I never fear for my safety since I would always be working indoors, but the guy just never made me feel comfortable, and I could tell I would not enjoy working there.