99 Cents Only Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Feb 10, 2015

2.5

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at 99 Cents Only (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter about three weeks later. Following this "vetting process" I was set up with the regional HR manager for a phone interview. He called me a couple minutes late and asked if he could call me back in 15 minutes because he was still at lunch. He called me and interviewed me while he was driving. That is the level of professionalism that I experienced during my entire tenure with this company. Following that I had an interview with the DM that was scheduled in my local store and I was called the day before the interview to be told he wasn't able to make it and asking me to drive 90 miles to the store he would be at. Following this I interviewed with the regional manager and the DM sat in. Following that I negotiated through the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific, this was the most unstructured interview that I have been part of. Also, after the interview, I learned that the DM flat out lied to me on several counts.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 99 Cents Only (Katy, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

very easy, smooth and professional people. Interview was easy. First recruiter called and got a phone interview set up with manager. The phone interview was good, asked questions like projects done etc. After phone interview, one to one inteview with three people, tech lead, manger and director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate much.