Aéropostale

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – I met with the District Manager for one interview. We met at the mall and talked for about an hour, while she asked the usual work experience questions. It was a laid back interview in terms of the environment of where we met and that I didn't feel the need to wear a business suit, but the questions were serious like, "tell me about your retail experience, tell me about a time you had to reprimand someone, tell me about your strengths and weaknesses as a manager," etc. They also asked if I had any questions and they were informative with their answers.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current job? Why retail?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation to be done. I was offered what I was getting at my previous job, but salaries are based on which store you will be located at and how much experience you have.

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – This was an extremely drawn out process. I showed up for my first interview and was told the SM who was supposed to interview wasn't in that day. The DM called me and rescheduled. I had two interviews before they offered me the job, but both were very strange. I wasn't asked any "typical" interview questions. In both interviews, they just asked me if I had any questions for them. I ended up accepting another offer, and when I called the DM to let her know she was extremely rude. It further assured me that I had made the right choice in choosing another company to work for.

Interview Question – They didn't ask me anything. It was very strange.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer from another company, and throughout the interview process the people I talked to were rude.

Minot, ND

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – Interview was pretty easy, On the hiring part regarding to salary they are not clear about that, you need to have them clarify regarding the salary and bonuses because it's not what they offer.

Interview Question – It was not difficult   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – Internal hire, very easy process.

Interview Question – How do I decide what to wear   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes or no

Assistant Manager

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

Interview Details – I put my best foot forward and went there letting them know who i am and what i have done. I remained humble and grateful for the opportunity. I made sure ibasked questions i would be unsure of and pressed on topics that seemed beneficial for the role.

Interview Question – There wasbno question asked that was unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very smooth...pleased and satisfaction

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in May 2012.

Interview Details – I worked at the store in high school, I decided to pursue retail management after school so I contacted my former district manager to refer me to the district manager in my area. I was then contacted by this DM and we had a quick phone interview, then I was invited for a in person interview with the DM. Because this is one of the company's high potential stores with past staffing issues, I had a second interview with the Regional Manager. I was then called by the DM with an offer. Total process took less than 2 weeks from original phone interview.

Interview Question – This store has been struggling, what will you do to get the store to reach the potential we believe it has?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We discussed money in the second in person interview, I told them my anticipated salary they then gave me slightly more than that number.

Westlake, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2012.

Interview Details – I saw a job opening on the local mall website and immediately brought my resume in.
When they called me for an interview, they told me to dress casual and how I would dress if I got the job...ie jeans. The interview went well then they scheduled me for a second interview with the district manager.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you resolved a conflict with a co worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation.

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in March 2012.

Interview Details – Was recruited from another company. Interviewed with Store Manager, District Manager, and Regional Manager.

Interview Question – Was asked Why at my previous employment, it seems as if the aesthetic and standard had changed recently and why I though it successful/ not successful.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer, negotiations, and acceptance were all done via phone. Simpler due to the fact the the DM is not based out of my current city and I maintained full time status with my previous employer throughout the negotiation.

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – Went well, was asked typical questions about the company considering this was an interviewfor a promotion

Interview Question – Was asked if I considered to be fashionable and can merchandise... after I answered, the DMIT (now the DM) laughed in my face in front of the SM and the current DM. Extremely uncomfortable and unprofessional.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The SM and the older DM loved me, so my promotion was not based on his shallow opinion of me. I was told I got the promotion, told the pay raise, and that was it

Spartanburg, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was quick but takes about a month to get hired

Interview Question – What does Aeropostale mean   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Slim chance

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!