Aéropostale Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.6

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Internal hire, very easy process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes or no

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale (Minot, ND).

Interview

Interview was pretty easy, On the hiring part regarding to salary they are not clear about that, you need to have them clarify regarding the salary and bonuses because it's not what they offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aéropostale (Westlake, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

I saw a job opening on the local mall website and immediately brought my resume in.
    When they called me for an interview, they told me to dress casual and how I would dress if I got the job...ie jeans. The interview went well then they scheduled me for a second interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you resolved a conflict with a co worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

This was an extremely drawn out process. I showed up for my first interview and was told the SM who was supposed to interview wasn't in that day. The DM called me and rescheduled. I had two interviews before they offered me the job, but both were very strange. I wasn't asked any "typical" interview questions. In both interviews, they just asked me if I had any questions for them. I ended up accepting another offer, and when I called the DM to let her know she was extremely rude. It further assured me that I had made the right choice in choosing another company to work for.

Interview Questions

I had a better offer from another company, and throughout the interview process the people I talked to were rude.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in May 2012.

Interview

aeropostale's manager found my application from another store at the mall. i was called up and asked if i would be interested. initally i was offered a management position but i was honestly looking to start out as a sales associate. the manager asked if i could come in to fill out an application and possibly an interview afterwards the following day. so i went and filled out the application and immediately sat down for the interview.

i wasn't sure what to wear because doing some research about other interviews with this company told me how casual they are and how they do prefer you wearing their brand. i wanted to stick to a professional look, but trendy and somewhat casual at the same time. nothing too business and serious like. i wore a cami with a long sleeve cardigan over, tucked in under a floral skirt, and some wedge heels. just look clean and try to match their style. it definitely helps if you know what fashion styles are "in" at the time. oh and of course try not to wear anything that screams out another brand.

she asked typical interview questions, like my past job experience, what i did exactly, if i ever operated a cash register, merchandising abilities, and what customer service experience i have (giving examples of positive and negative when asked)... what my career goals are and where i see myself in 5 years... it was very simple and conversation-like. just be confident and show it in your interview :)

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale (Spartanburg, SC) in October 2009.

Interview

Interview was quick but takes about a month to get hired

Interview Questions

• What does Aeropostale mean   1 Answer

Negotiation

Slim chance

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Went well, was asked typical questions about the company considering this was an interviewfor a promotion

Interview Questions

• Was asked if I considered to be fashionable and can merchandise... after I answered, the DMIT (now the DM) laughed in my face in front of the SM and the current DM. Extremely uncomfortable and unprofessional.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The SM and the older DM loved me, so my promotion was not based on his shallow opinion of me. I was told I got the promotion, told the pay raise, and that was it

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in March 2012.

Interview

Was recruited from another company. Interviewed with Store Manager, District Manager, and Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• Was asked Why at my previous employment, it seems as if the aesthetic and standard had changed recently and why I though it successful/ not successful.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer, negotiations, and acceptance were all done via phone. Simpler due to the fact the the DM is not based out of my current city and I maintained full time status with my previous employer throughout the negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in March 2007.

Interview

For all management positions with this company, you will have at least three interviews. Your first two interviews will be with other Store Managers as a part of the "weeding out" process. During these interviews, they generally try to get a feel for who you are as a person, and how your current experience might relate to a career at Aero. These first interviews are fairly informal and friendly, as the interviewer is trying to see if you will fit in with the company culture. You will mostly be asked about how you service customers, how you feel about various fashion trends, etc. You will be judged on how well you can relate to their customers and employees. It is also worth mentioning that image plays a huge part in deciding whether or not you will get the job, so be sure to wear some Aero to the interview. If you don't own any of their clothing, wear something similar in style. Be sure you are very clean cut looking and "preppy casual".
         During the final interview, you will sit face to face with the District Manager, and this will be intense. Although the tone is still friendly, there will be a lot of "probing" questions. Expect to be asked how you reacted in tough situations (loss prevention, disciplinary, etc.) and what you could do differently next time. Also, be prepared with numbers to back your results. If you stated on your resume that you brought an underperforming store back form the dead, you'd better have at least a 5 minute speech prepared about how you did it. Every answer you give will have at least one follow up question. Aero DMs are trained to be very skilled at interviewing and will call you bluff if you fluff any of your answers. Just go into the interview very prepared with exactly what you want to discuss. Feel free to bring notes with you, and to take notes during the interview as well, as this will be seen as impressive.

Interview Questions

• What celebrity do you think would wear Aero and Why?   1 Answer
    • What would you change about upper management with your current employer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Aero will ask during your final interview what you current salary is and what your expectation is. You will receive a flat, "take it or leave it" offer, but they will aim to beat your current salary by about 5-6%. Don't try to cushion your current salary, as they do verify it through a retail screening service.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview was simple. We just had a conversation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was noon negotiati