Aéropostale

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.1

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Very down to earth, they ask easy questions and generally just want to make sure you are a fit for them and they are a fit for you. Group interviews are very common.

Interview Questions

I received another position in my area of expertise

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale.

I applied for a job at Aeropostale as a summer/winter break job during high school. Similar to other retail companies (from my experiences), the interview process for Aero consisted of a group interview during which I and the four or five other teens applying for jobs there stood in the middle of the store while the manager and assistant manager gave us question after question. Many of the questions had to do with how we would try to sell one more item to a customer, how we might greet them and help them find something, and how we would describe our own personal style. A final piece of the interview process was to go around the store and pull pieces to make a complete outfit, and then to describe the outfit we had created and why we chose those particular items.

Interview Questions
    • [After being instructed to go around the store and pull pieces to create an outfit] Why did you choose those pieces to create an outfit? What does that outfit that you created say about your personal style and Aeropostale's style?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

The interview was very laid back and it was actually held outside. It was a group interview and we each took turns answering simple questions about ourselves. There were no questions that I was expecting along the lines of business and scenarios. Overall the interview was very easy and it was my first one.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. One of the questions was " How would you describe your personal style" ?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

I filled out an application and when I went to turn it in the sales associate asked if I'd like to speak to the assistant manager, so I did. He ended up just asking me some interview questions and then told me he'd pass my application to the manager. It was a couple weeks until I got a call about coming in for a group interview. It ended up just being another girl and I in the interview and about a week later I got the call that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time where you had to step up and be a leader"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Got called in for a group interview. I'M glad I didn't get accepted an offer because they expect you to be some fashionista. One part of the interview was to go pick out an outfit from the store that you'd wear to a BBQ and you have to explain why you'd wear it. Then, they asked you to try to sell them the outfit you are wearing by creating a sales pitch.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Easy! Dress nice(look at their website and dress similarly). Be energetic, friendly. They look for personality, those pleasant to work with, as well as sales ability. It's a plus if you have worked at a fast paced environment, and used the cash register.

Negotiate!

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Got an application for a seasonal position and turned it in a few days after retrieving the application. I gave the application to the cashier and walked out then she called me back and did a quick interview on the spot. Then she told me to come back a few days later since there will be a group interview. She told me to dress in what I thought was Aeropostale style which was wearing articles of clothing from aeropostale.

Merchandise Flow Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aéropostale.

I applied online and brought my resume in person, it took about a month for me to get a call for an interview. It was a group interview... the questions where very simple, personality questions for the most part. it seem like we all were hired! The manager tone and choice of words made it seem like we were hired on the spot. However, I was never called. It was rumored that the particular location in Times Square only hires white perky girls for the sales floor... unfortunately I'm started to believe it. As the only people who was asked to stay after the group interview were indeed white females... Anyway, great company! Better luck next time, I guess....

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Worked with internal hr recruiter. Found through LinkedIn. Spoke with many people from several different teams to see where I would be the best fit. Constantly followed up and and heard within 1.5 weeks of my initial interview. Process moved quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Have you Been to the stores lately? what did you like?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Found me at my college campus. Called for an interview. Told me to wear a fitted tshirt and jeans for the day of the interview. The interview was a group one which was fine but it didn't feel personalized. Most of us were immediately hired and shown around. The managers were very nice and helpful

Nothing to negotiate