Aéropostale

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – I met with the District Manager for one interview. We met at the mall and talked for about an hour, while she asked the usual work experience questions. It was a laid back interview in terms of the environment of where we met and that I didn't feel the need to wear a business suit, but the questions were serious like, "tell me about your retail experience, tell me about a time you had to reprimand someone, tell me about your strengths and weaknesses as a manager," etc. They also asked if I had any questions and they were informative with their answers.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current job? Why retail?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation to be done. I was offered what I was getting at my previous job, but salaries are based on which store you will be located at and how much experience you have.

Sales Associate/Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – I was told to come as casual as i wanted to the interview. The interview itself was extremely laid back and it seemed as if i was talking to a couple of my friends. About half of the management team sat in on the interview as well as myself and a couple of other potentials.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult questions, it was all straight forward for the most part.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2013.

Interview Details – Got a callback for an in-person interview about a week after I applied. The interview was with a small group of about four other applicants, right in the store. It was very laid-back, and the questions were easy. I made the mistake of wearing my nose ring to the interview (they don't allow facial piercings), but I made sure to explain that I'd be willing to take it out for the job.

Interview Question – How would you describe yourself?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2013.

Interview Details – You have to go like 3 times to fill out paperwork go during back to school or thanksgiving that's when they hire more people and you're on trial when you start off make sure you size and if you want to stand out do your on calls (call and ask if they need you)

Interview Questions

San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was a group interview. I had it in the bag. The other girls were shy. I was the most talkative and outspoken one there. I got a call back a week later saying i got the job. Went in to fill out all my paperwork, it's a lot of paperwork. Hardly got any training but i caught on quick. It's not that hard to fold clothes. The cash register training was easy as well.

Interview Question – All the saftey questions were unexpected and difficult. there was never anytime to study the list of things they were asking. We couldn't hang out in the back room and we were always too busy on the floor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said they would like me to work there i said great when do I start?

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – This was an extremely drawn out process. I showed up for my first interview and was told the SM who was supposed to interview wasn't in that day. The DM called me and rescheduled. I had two interviews before they offered me the job, but both were very strange. I wasn't asked any "typical" interview questions. In both interviews, they just asked me if I had any questions for them. I ended up accepting another offer, and when I called the DM to let her know she was extremely rude. It further assured me that I had made the right choice in choosing another company to work for.

Interview Question – They didn't ask me anything. It was very strange.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer from another company, and throughout the interview process the people I talked to were rude.

Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in February 2014.

Interview Details – Easy, really. I brought in my application and the manager gave me a little interview on the spot then hired me on the spot! She was really nice and she made it really chill and easy for me to talk to her. The questions were super easy, something you probably would hear at all retail stores you get interviewed for.

Interview Question – Honestly, there was no difficult or unexpected questions. Every typical question you get asked at retail stores like how to help customers, how to greet, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview for Areo was simple, we met at the store and went to the food court for the interview. There was about 5 other applicants. The questions were basic, asking about why we wanted to work there and what we thought of their style..

Interview Question – Why do you want to work there   Answer Question

Biloxi, MS

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in April 2012.

Interview Details – They only do paper applications in store. I was called in for an interview, and asked general questions about myself. I did research prior to the interview which wasn't exactly needed.

Interview Question – I didn't expect the interview to be so personal. By that, I mean it was only general conversation. There weren't any questions about the company or my work ethic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The manager just said that I would start training the following week.

Interviewed at Aéropostale

Interview Details – Very relaxed process which consisted of only one group interview. The people that were hired from the group interview were the most outgoing and had the most thoughtful answers. Do not rush into answering the question--put some thought into it first.

Interview Question – What you do when a customer complains about something?   Answer Question

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!