Aéropostale

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Found me at my college campus. Called for an interview. Told me to wear a fitted tshirt and jeans for the day of the interview. The interview was a group one which was fine but it didn't feel personalized. Most of us were immediately hired and shown around. The managers were very nice and helpful

Nothing to negotiate

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Worked with internal hr recruiter. Found through LinkedIn. Spoke with many people from several different teams to see where I would be the best fit. Constantly followed up and and heard within 1.5 weeks of my initial interview. Process moved quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Have you Been to the stores lately? what did you like?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Knowing someone who works for this company is best. Interview set up was easy. Very casual and comfortable. We sat down and had a real conversation before initial interview which made it very relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • What struggles do you face as a manager and why? Where do you see yourself in ten years / in retail?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

I printed out an application and applied at the store, I didn't speak to the manager but I talked to a nice sales associate and he told me that they were always looking for new people to hire especially since it was close to the holiday season. All he seemed to want to know about was my availability. I got a call from the hiring manager exactly a week later asking if I was available for an interview the following day in front of the store. She said to dress what I think would be professional but fashion forward and how I would dress for a day of work at Aeropostale. I arrived 30 min early and was the first one there. It was a group interview with two other girls. I answered the questions pretty well and most of the time before the other two girls. She said she would call us back if she was interest in us within the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favorite celebrity?   Answer Question
    • Who or what inspires your style? (Celebrity and/or social media )   Answer Question
    • What do would you say to someone that looking around the store to get them to consider buying or at least trying something on?   Answer Question

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Went in with a resume and they told me they were having group interviews later on that evening. I came into the group interview and it was very simple questions why do you want to work here .. Etc. One girl got to the interview extremely late. They said they would call all of us and let us know something. They never called me. I Also found out they offered the position to the girl who was super late... Very unprofessional. And no one shops at aeropostale anymore so it would have probably sucked. They wanted to offer us 4 to 8,hours a week... Waste of time.

Store Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Applied in person. Got a call back for a group interview with manager. We came to the interview dressed casual yet trendy. The manager asked typical retail questions like "why do you want to work here", "give me a fun fact about you", "how would others describe you", "where do you shop"...etc. Make sure you are friendly and upbeat and seem eager to work there.

no negotiation

Role Model Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

I was recruited off the floor while shopping and had a really quick interview. I was asked to come back the next week for an interview which ended up being just to be checking to make sure I had all the right ID and papers and to schedule my training

Interview Questions
    • Put together an outfit for:
      -a concert
      -a football game
      -a date

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in November 2014.

Called and asked if any part-time positions were available and was asked to come pick up an application. Submitted the application next day and was told I would receive a call later that day, but never did, so I called again that same day and was asked to bring in SS Card and License. Next day, met the manager who was in charge and she put me in for Black Friday (I have no job experience) and haven't been trained yet. I was not interviewed, but rather just sat next to her on the computer and just chatted about availability and how busy the days are. Sat and filled out the forms on the computer and was hired!

Overall experience was great, employees were all very nice and laid back. Manager was extremely nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Was just asked in a casual conversation: What I wanted to study, When I could work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in October 2014.

SUPER FRIENDLY. Feels like you're talking to a close friend but keeping it professional. The interview is really simple and they are very detailed about the job requirements and they give you a brief overview of your duties.

Interview Questions
    • Working around your schedule. They need committed people   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in October 2014.

Went in store and filled out my application there. (Wednesday) The next day I got a call for an interview.(Thursday).. my interview was Sunday at 1! The interview was in the stock/staff room. One on one. Basic personality questions. Tell me a little bit about yourself, biggest strength, weakness, who are you a role model to, who is your role model..

Interview Questions
    • When she asked me a weakness I was planning to say "I don't have much experience in retail, but am a quick learner" But she asked "what would your teachers say your biggest weakness in the classroom was?"   View Answer
    No negotiation