Aéropostale Sales Associate/Cashieres Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Maumee, OH).

Interview

I applied in person and a week later went back to check on my status. They wrote down my info and called me for an interview a couple days later. I went in same day as the call. They had me make two outfits (one for a guy and one for a girl) with a theme based on what I did over the weekend. We talked about the outfits and my outfit that I was actually wearing. I was asked a couple super easy questions. The manager introduced me to the other employees and we chatted for bit. Afterwards she explained the store policies to me and showed me the back room and then hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What have you noticed about Aeropostale that stands out from the other brands?   Answer Question
  • What do you think your duties would be here?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

They just ask basic questions, The process wasn't too long. After the questions told us to pick an outfit like you would wear to work and maybe after to a friends. Then hired me on the spot

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

You had to apply by going to the actual Aeropostale store to pick up and application. I would say two weeks or less you would get a call back and a group interview would be set. Then there's a group interview of five or three people and they asked you about three questions. In my case, they called me later in the evening after the afternoon group interview to offer me the sales position.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I applied for a job at Aeropostale as a summer/winter break job during high school. Similar to other retail companies (from my experiences), the interview process for Aero consisted of a group interview during which I and the four or five other teens applying for jobs there stood in the middle of the store while the manager and assistant manager gave us question after question. Many of the questions had to do with how we would try to sell one more item to a customer, how we might greet them and help them find something, and how we would describe our own personal style. A final piece of the interview process was to go around the store and pull pieces to make a complete outfit, and then to describe the outfit we had created and why we chose those particular items.

Interview Questions

• [After being instructed to go around the store and pull pieces to create an outfit] Why did you choose those pieces to create an outfit? What does that outfit that you created say about your personal style and Aeropostale's style?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Got an application for a seasonal position and turned it in a few days after retrieving the application. I gave the application to the cashier and walked out then she called me back and did a quick interview on the spot. Then she told me to come back a few days later since there will be a group interview. She told me to dress in what I thought was Aeropostale style which was wearing articles of clothing from aeropostale.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Boise, ID) in December 2014.

Interview

I knew the assistant manager. I walked in and talked to her about getting an application. I filled it out in the store and she reviewed it and told me my interview was the next Monday at 5. That following Monday I showed up thirty minutes early ended up getting my interview at 5:15. The questions were the basic ones, your qualities and why you want to work there. Where I shop and why, where I get my style from, and the basic tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation you have been in and what are the steps you took to subside it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I am sixteen, so minimum wage is what I accepted. Also my first job, so I was just grateful.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Orlando, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a lucky experience where I walked in the day before their scheduled orientation and got invited on the spot. So no real interview for me. However, now that I've been working with them a bit and nearing the point of management here's some tips to the system. One: Dress like the mannequins. Look at the styling for that season and dress accordingly. Don't worry about your looks, this isn't a modeling agency but come looking as if you have an idea about what fashion is and are attempting to represent the brand as if you worked there. Two: Smile, be happy and energetic, and also engage the manager on staff. Ask them how they're doing, make brief chit chat about anything and then get to your point. This shows us that you know how to engage people and break that gap between you and the costumer. Three: Always come back two to three days after the submission of your application to give the manager two letters of recommendation. This tells the managers you're dedicated and check up on prior engagements. This also bumps your application back to the top of the stack. If you focus on these three things you will be seen as a prime candidate. So good luck! :) Notes: In response to some of the other interview experiences, stores like the Florida Mall location only hire individuals for one day shifts. As it is a higher volume store and they experience high traffic, they never keep associates scheduled for more than one day as they consider it to be to taxing other wise. Which it is. Managers are the only except and barely that. If you're looking for more regular hours consult the smaller stores. However if you do get into the Florida Mall location, it is a great place to receive training and good costumer one on one experience which you can use to transfer to a smaller store. As for management, I haven't experience any issues. I am friends with my district manager, I became good friends with my previous store manager, and I will make friends with my soon to be new manager. For those having complications with theirs or might have future complications. All I can say to you is focus on improving your skill set, that is what will allow you to navigate between store environments. If you find issues in one, and your skill set is malleable transferring is not out of the question.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you handle a possible shop lifter?   1 Answer
    • Q: How do you respond to team based challenges and scenarios?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2014.

Interview

Applied in person and got a phone call 3 days later for a group interview. Quick 15 minute group interview, it was during the holidays so they needed employees ASAP, all three of us got hired on the spot! Then got followed up two days later for an orientation on greeting, cash, folding, etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?   1 Answer
    • Can you explain the outfit you are wear and try to sell it to a customer(hiring manager)   Answer Question
    • What captures your attention when shopping?   1 Answer
    • Talk about yourself!   Answer Question
    • What are your hobbies and what do you like to do on your spare time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wear Aéropostale, LAYER LAYER YOUR CLOTHES!!!!!! Ex: T-shirt, flannel/woven, and jacket/coat... Pants and shoes.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2014.

Interview

Went in store and filled out my application there. (Wednesday) The next day I got a call for an interview.(Thursday).. my interview was Sunday at 1! The interview was in the stock/staff room. One on one. Basic personality questions. Tell me a little bit about yourself, biggest strength, weakness, who are you a role model to, who is your role model..

Interview Questions

• When she asked me a weakness I was planning to say "I don't have much experience in retail, but am a quick learner" But she asked "what would your teachers say your biggest weakness in the classroom was?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2014.

Interview

I went into aero one day to see if they were hiring and the lady asked how old I was and I said "16" and she said yeah here's an application but first I'm going to let you read the policy of how you're supposed to dress if you were to work here. So I agreed and then I turned in my application about a week later and so happened I turned it to the manager and then she asked me some questions like "what are some words your friends would describe you?" "Any extracurricular activities?" Etc and she said I'd have a group interview in 2 weeks. And to bring 2 letters of recommendation. So now I'm waiting to go into my first interview (: