Aéropostale

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

2.1

Associate Manager Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in April 2010.

For my interview I sat down with the DM. We talked about the position, my job history, and my leadership style. We talked for almost 2 hours. She was really excited about the possibilities that Aero provides. She didn't ask questions from a script so it felt more like a dialogue.
    2 weeks after my interview with the DM I sat down with the Store Manager. She asked scripted questions about how I would deal with specific situations.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with unmotivated employees, such as part-time high school or college student?   Answer Question

I declined the offer because they actually offered me a different job than what I interviewed for and at a lower salary. It was an awesome opportunity but those two things made it so the job would not have jived with my family situation.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in June 2010.

I had a great conversation with the Store Manager of the Plaza Bonita Store. I was then passed on to the DM of the San Diego District and that interview went well, we had a nice conversation. I was then passed on to phone interview with the Regional Manager, she was a princess and couldn't get past the fact that I had to make some decisions from a Store Manager role into an Assistant Manager role due to relocating. She didn't understand why I had took an Assistant Manager job, hello, I needed a job!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your previous employer?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in June 2010.

When I went in for my interview I was early and the manager was busy. I asked for her and another girl did too and apparently she accidentally schedule us both for the same interview so the manager took us both in and it didn't seem to bother her.

I was friendly and outgoing but having had only one job the manager seemed to completely overlook me from the very start. She asked the other girl all about her work experience and I couldn't really do anything while the two of them spoke. When she asked about mine I explained I had been a sales associate before. Once I told her she went back to the other girl and asked her about her schedule and a bunch of other questions that weren't directed at me. In my opinion, she wasn't very professional. The other girl even asked the dress code for the job and the manager used me as an example of what to wear while working (I wore a dress, cropped sweater and nice shoes).

The manager also told us the hours fluctuated a lot during the week. She told us she would get back to us if we got the job. I asked her if I should call inquiring about it and she just laughed and said not to. She also told me I should consider myself lucky for even getting an interview with them.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

I dropped off an application and got a call about two weeks later

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

I put my best foot forward and went there letting them know who i am and what i have done. I remained humble and grateful for the opportunity. I made sure ibasked questions i would be unsure of and pressed on topics that seemed beneficial for the role.

Interview Questions
    • There wasbno question asked that was unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question
    Very smooth...pleased and satisfaction

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in May 2012.

I worked at the store in high school, I decided to pursue retail management after school so I contacted my former district manager to refer me to the district manager in my area. I was then contacted by this DM and we had a quick phone interview, then I was invited for a in person interview with the DM. Because this is one of the company's high potential stores with past staffing issues, I had a second interview with the Regional Manager. I was then called by the DM with an offer. Total process took less than 2 weeks from original phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • This store has been struggling, what will you do to get the store to reach the potential we believe it has?   Answer Question
    We discussed money in the second in person interview, I told them my anticipated salary they then gave me slightly more than that number.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

It was a group interview, in which they expect you to be very outgoing for the position. Each person answers different questions and they throw curve ball questions. It was a pretty informal interview, where everyone was wearing their clothes. That was unexpected, because I thought everyone was suppose to dress up.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Went well, was asked typical questions about the company considering this was an interviewfor a promotion

Interview Questions
    • Was asked if I considered to be fashionable and can merchandise... after I answered, the DMIT (now the DM) laughed in my face in front of the SM and the current DM. Extremely uncomfortable and unprofessional.   View Answer
    The SM and the older DM loved me, so my promotion was not based on his shallow opinion of me. I was told I got the promotion, told the pay raise, and that was it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in March 2012.

Was recruited from another company. Interviewed with Store Manager, District Manager, and Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked Why at my previous employment, it seems as if the aesthetic and standard had changed recently and why I though it successful/ not successful.   View Answer
    Offer, negotiations, and acceptance were all done via phone. Simpler due to the fact the the DM is not based out of my current city and I maintained full time status with my previous employer throughout the negotiation.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in November 2012.

1) Ask for application at desk.
    2) Fill out said application.
    3) Return completed application.
    4) "We have a group interview session scheduled for __________ at ________pm. Do you think you could attend?" --Employee/Hiring Manager asked
    5) Respond yes or no. If you cannot, fingers crossed you get another opportunity, or rearrange your schedule to fit the interview.
    6) Attend interview. Three or four people show up, and you answer a couple of hypothetical questions and questions about work ethic. Answer to impress but be truthful.
    7)Interview ends. Shake hands with the hiring manager.
    8) The hiring manager takes a group picture of the potential employees to send to the district manager to ensure that these are the types of people the company wants as representatives.
    9) Call back. The hiring manager gives you a call and tells you that you've gotten the job. He tells you the orientation date and time.
    10) Orientation: Fill out paperwork packet and review dress code and behavior policy
    11) Holiday Meeting: Watch a video about what to expect as daily tasks.
    12) Receive Dayforce information (to check your working schedule)
    13) Arrive when you are scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you say or do if one of your friends came into the store and wanted to use your employee discount?"   View Answer