Aéropostale Interview Questions & Reviews

170 interviews

2.1

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

I dropped off an application and got a call about two weeks later

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2010.

I had a great conversation with the Store Manager of the Plaza Bonita Store. I was then passed on to the DM of the San Diego District and that interview went well, we had a nice conversation. I was then passed on to phone interview with the Regional Manager, she was a princess and couldn't get past the fact that I had to make some decisions from a Store Manager role into an Assistant Manager role due to relocating. She didn't understand why I had took an Assistant Manager job, hello, I needed a job!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your previous employer?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2010.

When I went in for my interview I was early and the manager was busy. I asked for her and another girl did too and apparently she accidentally schedule us both for the same interview so the manager took us both in and it didn't seem to bother her.

I was friendly and outgoing but having had only one job the manager seemed to completely overlook me from the very start. She asked the other girl all about her work experience and I couldn't really do anything while the two of them spoke. When she asked about mine I explained I had been a sales associate before. Once I told her she went back to the other girl and asked her about her schedule and a bunch of other questions that weren't directed at me. In my opinion, she wasn't very professional. The other girl even asked the dress code for the job and the manager used me as an example of what to wear while working (I wore a dress, cropped sweater and nice shoes).

The manager also told us the hours fluctuated a lot during the week. She told us she would get back to us if we got the job. I asked her if I should call inquiring about it and she just laughed and said not to. She also told me I should consider myself lucky for even getting an interview with them.

Associate Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in April 2010.

For my interview I sat down with the DM. We talked about the position, my job history, and my leadership style. We talked for almost 2 hours. She was really excited about the possibilities that Aero provides. She didn't ask questions from a script so it felt more like a dialogue.
    2 weeks after my interview with the DM I sat down with the Store Manager. She asked scripted questions about how I would deal with specific situations.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with unmotivated employees, such as part-time high school or college student?   Answer Question

I declined the offer because they actually offered me a different job than what I interviewed for and at a lower salary. It was an awesome opportunity but those two things made it so the job would not have jived with my family situation.

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

I put my best foot forward and went there letting them know who i am and what i have done. I remained humble and grateful for the opportunity. I made sure ibasked questions i would be unsure of and pressed on topics that seemed beneficial for the role.

Interview Questions
    • There wasbno question asked that was unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question
    Very smooth...pleased and satisfaction

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Turned in application. Immediately asked when I was available to interview. Interview was casual. I wore Aeropostale clothes. Was asked basic questions, nothing too difficult. Just be yourself. Finished interview and was told of hiring status next week, which was only a couple days after the interview. Came in the next week for training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2013.

I applied through walk in because I saw the job offer on my mall's website. Manager called me after few days and asked me if I wanna come to group interview - I said "yes" of course. We had interview with the stockroom manager and assistant manager. Each of them had their own questions. Ex. Tell us a little bit about yourself - don't underestimate this question! It's the first question and most important - you can just google this and do some reading about it. i spend 1,5h for this interview and got questions like what encourage you to develop your personal style, question about the biggest challenge you met and what did you do with it, how would you greet customer going in to the store etc

Interview Questions
    • Which of both is more efficient with additional sale - fitting room situation or helping customer on the sales floor and why?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in May 2012.

I worked at the store in high school, I decided to pursue retail management after school so I contacted my former district manager to refer me to the district manager in my area. I was then contacted by this DM and we had a quick phone interview, then I was invited for a in person interview with the DM. Because this is one of the company's high potential stores with past staffing issues, I had a second interview with the Regional Manager. I was then called by the DM with an offer. Total process took less than 2 weeks from original phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • This store has been struggling, what will you do to get the store to reach the potential we believe it has?   Answer Question
    We discussed money in the second in person interview, I told them my anticipated salary they then gave me slightly more than that number.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2012.

It was a group interview involving myself and three others. The manager at the time, April, said we were the first group/interactive interview she was trying and to bear with her. She asked us pretty basic questions about why we wanted/needed a job, our accomplishments in school and our goals in life. Our whole interview was conducted on the sales floor during operating hours so it was a bit nerve-wracking but it all went okay. We role played with each other taking turns playing customer and employee and then she tested us by telling us to pick any folded item in the store and then refolding it exactly how it was before. I found that by being in a group interview, I often spoke up, answered questions first, and volunteered for everything which may have come off as obnoxious to the others but the manager loved it and in the end we were all hired on the spot, granted I was the only one still working there from my group after only a few short weeks.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Just questions about ourselves that even if you weren't positive on how to answer, you could just make something up.   Answer Question
    There was nothing to be negotiated. After the interview we were all hired on the spot, told we would receive minimum wage, and that the our we received were all based on how well we worked and if we deserved them.

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Went well, was asked typical questions about the company considering this was an interviewfor a promotion

Interview Questions
    • Was asked if I considered to be fashionable and can merchandise... after I answered, the DMIT (now the DM) laughed in my face in front of the SM and the current DM. Extremely uncomfortable and unprofessional.   View Answer
    The SM and the older DM loved me, so my promotion was not based on his shallow opinion of me. I was told I got the promotion, told the pay raise, and that was it

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!