Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.1

Associate Manager Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in April 2010.

For my interview I sat down with the DM. We talked about the position, my job history, and my leadership style. We talked for almost 2 hours. She was really excited about the possibilities that Aero provides. She didn't ask questions from a script so it felt more like a dialogue.
    2 weeks after my interview with the DM I sat down with the Store Manager. She asked scripted questions about how I would deal with specific situations.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with unmotivated employees, such as part-time high school or college student?   Answer Question

I declined the offer because they actually offered me a different job than what I interviewed for and at a lower salary. It was an awesome opportunity but those two things made it so the job would not have jived with my family situation.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in June 2010.

I had a great conversation with the Store Manager of the Plaza Bonita Store. I was then passed on to the DM of the San Diego District and that interview went well, we had a nice conversation. I was then passed on to phone interview with the Regional Manager, she was a princess and couldn't get past the fact that I had to make some decisions from a Store Manager role into an Assistant Manager role due to relocating. She didn't understand why I had took an Assistant Manager job, hello, I needed a job!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your previous employer?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in June 2010.

When I went in for my interview I was early and the manager was busy. I asked for her and another girl did too and apparently she accidentally schedule us both for the same interview so the manager took us both in and it didn't seem to bother her.

I was friendly and outgoing but having had only one job the manager seemed to completely overlook me from the very start. She asked the other girl all about her work experience and I couldn't really do anything while the two of them spoke. When she asked about mine I explained I had been a sales associate before. Once I told her she went back to the other girl and asked her about her schedule and a bunch of other questions that weren't directed at me. In my opinion, she wasn't very professional. The other girl even asked the dress code for the job and the manager used me as an example of what to wear while working (I wore a dress, cropped sweater and nice shoes).

The manager also told us the hours fluctuated a lot during the week. She told us she would get back to us if we got the job. I asked her if I should call inquiring about it and she just laughed and said not to. She also told me I should consider myself lucky for even getting an interview with them.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

I dropped off an application and got a call about two weeks later

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

I put my best foot forward and went there letting them know who i am and what i have done. I remained humble and grateful for the opportunity. I made sure ibasked questions i would be unsure of and pressed on topics that seemed beneficial for the role.

Interview Questions
    • There wasbno question asked that was unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question
    Very smooth...pleased and satisfaction

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

In store interview with assistant or manager then you will come in for a
    One on one interview with manager! If the manager is impressed then you will have a
    One on one interview with district manager.
    The process took about a month if that!

Interview Questions
    Know you Aero history and just relax! I thought my interview with my DM was a lot more relaxing than with the store manager!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Got called in for a group interview. I'M glad I didn't get accepted an offer because they expect you to be some fashionista. One part of the interview was to go pick out an outfit from the store that you'd wear to a BBQ and you have to explain why you'd wear it. Then, they asked you to try to sell them the outfit you are wearing by creating a sales pitch.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Worked with internal hr recruiter. Found through LinkedIn. Spoke with many people from several different teams to see where I would be the best fit. Constantly followed up and and heard within 1.5 weeks of my initial interview. Process moved quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Have you Been to the stores lately? what did you like?   View Answer

Sales Associate/Cash Wrap Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in December 2012.

turned in my application, got a call about an interview that we set up for that next monday got a call back to set up a second interview that took place about 3 days after my first, got offered the job on the spot and began the hiring process that coming weekend

Interview Questions
    • seeing as a lot of the people who apply here are high school students, and myself being in that position when i was interviewing I would say that the most difficult and unexpected question was what I want to do with my future. Many kids don't know and I could tell the manager was slightly bothered that I didn't have any idea of what I wanted to do at that point   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2013.

The interview for Areo was simple, we met at the store and went to the food court for the interview. There was about 5 other applicants. The questions were basic, asking about why we wanted to work there and what we thought of their style..