Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.4

Sales Interview

Interview

Asked about different past customer service experience? What would you do in a situation where the customer is unsatisfied with a product? Tell us about a time when you had a leadership position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

They made me jump through hoops just to get an interview. I had to recruit 12 people to go to the upcoming even and even after that and promising me an interview the following Monday they didn't call to schedule the interview until I called them. Then they scheduled the interview a month later and during the interview told me that they had just hired a bunch of new people with in the month so they weren't hiring. The interview itself was decent. They asked me a lot of questions like like the norm (ways to describe yourself, greatest weakness, what is customer service- good and bad). But also a few caught me off guard.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Got an application for a seasonal position and turned it in a few days after retrieving the application. I gave the application to the cashier and walked out then she called me back and did a quick interview on the spot. Then she told me to come back a few days later since there will be a group interview. She told me to dress in what I thought was Aeropostale style which was wearing articles of clothing from aeropostale.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (South Jordan, UT).

Interview

I called the store to see if they were hiring and they told me to come in and get an application in the store. Moments after picking it up a manager asked me if I could join a group interview the following Monday at 3. I said yes and asked if I should bring a resume, and he said just 2 recommendations with the application! so I went in about 255 on Monday with both in hand and there were three other applicants. Once we all got together we sat in a sitting area in the mall, he asked us our names, what school, grade we are. I was the only one over 18. and our favorite band. it was obvious right then that this job isn't meant for full time, it's perfect for high school students; mainly because the employer mentioned that some people work once a month. so we finished the interview with greeting, questions, an picking one outfit that represented our style.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Went in with a resume and they told me they were having group interviews later on that evening. I came into the group interview and it was very simple questions why do you want to work here .. Etc. One girl got to the interview extremely late. They said they would call all of us and let us know something. They never called me. I Also found out they offered the position to the girl who was super late... Very unprofessional. And no one shops at aeropostale anymore so it would have probably sucked. They wanted to offer us 4 to 8,hours a week... Waste of time.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2014.

Interview

I went into aero one day to see if they were hiring and the lady asked how old I was and I said "16" and she said yeah here's an application but first I'm going to let you read the policy of how you're supposed to dress if you were to work here. So I agreed and then I turned in my application about a week later and so happened I turned it to the manager and then she asked me some questions like "what are some words your friends would describe you?" "Any extracurricular activities?" Etc and she said I'd have a group interview in 2 weeks. And to bring 2 letters of recommendation. So now I'm waiting to go into my first interview (:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Lakeland, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Went in and filled out an application. Had to keep going back to get them to call me. Once they called I had an interview and the interview was a group one. Asked us no questions, just told us about the store and told us he hired us based on our personalities. Was hired the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Miami, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview sucked. They didn't give us a chance to introduce ourselves and display who we really are. They asked us retarded questions. Honestly, stores like this, Hollister, and Abercrombie only hire people if they have "the look" if you don't, then you're jjust wasting your time

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2009.

Interview

Aeropostale sent me an e-mail informing me of their recruitment day in stores. I showed up and filled out an application and once I gave it to the manager, she gave me a date for an interview the week after. For the group interview, we congregated in the backroom where she asked us questions. Since none of us had any prior work experience, she skipped questions geared towards experience. It was only about 10 minutes long with 4 people. They gave us a call regardless if we got the job or not, and needless to say both my friend and I did not get it.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you had to work as a group to get something accomplished.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saugus, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Saugus, MA) in January 2008.

Interview

Put in an app then got vcalled for a group interview then a single interview then got the job,