Aéropostale Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Filled out application.. Then got a call asking to come in for an interview. I went in for interview. It was a group interview. I left and got a call the next week offering me the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

Very relaxed process which consisted of only one group interview. The people that were hired from the group interview were the most outgoing and had the most thoughtful answers. Do not rush into answering the question--put some thought into it first.

Interview Questions

• What you do when a customer complains about something?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Got an application for a seasonal position and turned it in a few days after retrieving the application. I gave the application to the cashier and walked out then she called me back and did a quick interview on the spot. Then she told me to come back a few days later since there will be a group interview. She told me to dress in what I thought was Aeropostale style which was wearing articles of clothing from aeropostale.

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Maumee, OH).

Interview

I applied in person and a week later went back to check on my status. They wrote down my info and called me for an interview a couple days later. I went in same day as the call. They had me make two outfits (one for a guy and one for a girl) with a theme based on what I did over the weekend. We talked about the outfits and my outfit that I was actually wearing. I was asked a couple super easy questions. The manager introduced me to the other employees and we chatted for bit. Afterwards she explained the store policies to me and showed me the back room and then hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What have you noticed about Aeropostale that stands out from the other brands?   Answer Question
    • What do you think your duties would be here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

They just ask basic questions, The process wasn't too long. After the questions told us to pick an outfit like you would wear to work and maybe after to a friends. Then hired me on the spot

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

You had to apply by going to the actual Aeropostale store to pick up and application. I would say two weeks or less you would get a call back and a group interview would be set. Then there's a group interview of five or three people and they asked you about three questions. In my case, they called me later in the evening after the afternoon group interview to offer me the sales position.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2014.

Interview

I went into aero one day to see if they were hiring and the lady asked how old I was and I said "16" and she said yeah here's an application but first I'm going to let you read the policy of how you're supposed to dress if you were to work here. So I agreed and then I turned in my application about a week later and so happened I turned it to the manager and then she asked me some questions like "what are some words your friends would describe you?" "Any extracurricular activities?" Etc and she said I'd have a group interview in 2 weeks. And to bring 2 letters of recommendation. So now I'm waiting to go into my first interview (:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Lakeland, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Went in and filled out an application. Had to keep going back to get them to call me. Once they called I had an interview and the interview was a group one. Asked us no questions, just told us about the store and told us he hired us based on our personalities. Was hired the next day.

Sales Associate/Cashieres Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2011.

Interview

Had a quick group interview. They're usually looking for outgoing & energetic people.

Interview Questions

• Who has inspired you the most?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They called me the same day & asked if I would like the job. Great staff to work with, the management is good, but sometimes they don't take you seriously. Very hard to try to move up.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (San Antonio, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was a group interview. I had it in the bag. The other girls were shy. I was the most talkative and outspoken one there. I got a call back a week later saying i got the job. Went in to fill out all my paperwork, it's a lot of paperwork. Hardly got any training but i caught on quick. It's not that hard to fold clothes. The cash register training was easy as well.

Interview Questions

• All the saftey questions were unexpected and difficult. there was never anytime to study the list of things they were asking. We couldn't hang out in the back room and we were always too busy on the floor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They said they would like me to work there i said great when do I start?