Aéropostale

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Went into the store, met with the manager, they told me they could do an interview on the spot so they took me in the back room and gave me the general screening. It took about 30 to 45 minutes to complete, then i had to fill out all the paper work and they told me that they would be giving me a call whenever they needed me to come into work.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in November 2013.

The interview was fairly easy. It was supposed to be a group interview however they were either late or didn't show up so I was already on a good start. I wore professional clothing. The manager who interviewed me was nice and explained how drama is something she seriously does not handle. It took about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you handled a difficult client?   View Answer

I got an offer at another job first.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Very down to earth, they ask easy questions and generally just want to make sure you are a fit for them and they are a fit for you. Group interviews are very common.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer

I received another position in my area of expertise

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in October 2014.

The interview process includes either two or more interviewees. Of course, they start off by telling you to describe yourself. And then they started to ask odd questions such as what I would order at Taco Bell and what's my favorite movie and why. I guess the real interview is when they actually put you on the floor and tell you to act as if you were actually hired and working.

Interview Questions
    • "Now we're going to put you on the floor and give you the oppurtunity to work."   View Answer
    No negotiations; only paid minimum wage.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale.

I applied for a job at Aeropostale as a summer/winter break job during high school. Similar to other retail companies (from my experiences), the interview process for Aero consisted of a group interview during which I and the four or five other teens applying for jobs there stood in the middle of the store while the manager and assistant manager gave us question after question. Many of the questions had to do with how we would try to sell one more item to a customer, how we might greet them and help them find something, and how we would describe our own personal style. A final piece of the interview process was to go around the store and pull pieces to make a complete outfit, and then to describe the outfit we had created and why we chose those particular items.

Interview Questions
    • [After being instructed to go around the store and pull pieces to create an outfit] Why did you choose those pieces to create an outfit? What does that outfit that you created say about your personal style and Aeropostale's style?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

The interview was very laid back and it was actually held outside. It was a group interview and we each took turns answering simple questions about ourselves. There were no questions that I was expecting along the lines of business and scenarios. Overall the interview was very easy and it was my first one.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. One of the questions was " How would you describe your personal style" ?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

I filled out an application and when I went to turn it in the sales associate asked if I'd like to speak to the assistant manager, so I did. He ended up just asking me some interview questions and then told me he'd pass my application to the manager. It was a couple weeks until I got a call about coming in for a group interview. It ended up just being another girl and I in the interview and about a week later I got the call that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time where you had to step up and be a leader"   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in December 2014.

I knew the assistant manager. I walked in and talked to her about getting an application. I filled it out in the store and she reviewed it and told me my interview was the next Monday at 5. That following Monday I showed up thirty minutes early ended up getting my interview at 5:15. The questions were the basic ones, your qualities and why you want to work there. Where I shop and why, where I get my style from, and the basic tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions
    • What is a situation you have been in and what are the steps you took to subside it?   View Answer
    I am sixteen, so minimum wage is what I accepted. Also my first job, so I was just grateful.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Got called in for a group interview. I'M glad I didn't get accepted an offer because they expect you to be some fashionista. One part of the interview was to go pick out an outfit from the store that you'd wear to a BBQ and you have to explain why you'd wear it. Then, they asked you to try to sell them the outfit you are wearing by creating a sales pitch.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Easy! Dress nice(look at their website and dress similarly). Be energetic, friendly. They look for personality, those pleasant to work with, as well as sales ability. It's a plus if you have worked at a fast paced environment, and used the cash register.

Negotiate!