Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.0

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Applied in-person and got a call that night to schedule an interview. Came in for one interview and was hired on the spot. Came back for training and paperwork a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied for a seasonal job. Walked in during a group interview and was told to fill out an application and to come back in two days for the next group interview. There were 10 people including me in the interview and 3 of us were picked, even though they said they'd choose 2 or none.

Interview Questions

• What intrigues you in to shop at a store?   1 Answer

Role Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale (Allentown, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

Super super chill. Group interview, was myself and about 4 other people. Kind of dumb since you all get asked the same questions so you just end up basing your answers off of everyone else's answers. Had to hound the store to get an answer on getting a job, which was a bit annoying.

Interview Questions

• If you had a $1000 shopping spree, what kind of clothes would you buy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I brought in my application and two letters of recommendation and they told me to come back on Tuesday for an interview. I arrived around 15 minutes early and they didn't even remember I had an interview. They actually seemed disappointed that I was early. I had to wait 25 minutes for my interview because they didn't have enough people working there at the time and forgot I had one. They kept talking about me while I was waiting such as "I have to give this girl an interview and I can't until Danielle gets back". It was very unorganized. She finally took me into the back and asked me a few questions about my school and activities. She asked me if I had any questions (you should always have questions). She told me they would call me by Friday. They did not so I called on Monday and she said they are giving call backs by the end of this NEXT week or the week after that. I still did not get a call, so I called again the next Monday and they said that they are no longer hiring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview with 3 other girls, we all sat in the back room and the manager asked us each questions and we went out into the store and interacted with the customers as if we worked there.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in July 2015.

Interview

I handed in my resume in person then got a call a few days later for an interview. It ended up being a group interview with two other girls who I got along well with, and we sat down in the mall. The interview itself was easy, relaxed, and I felt really comfortable. The manager was nice and also very young. When it was over she hired all three of us on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale (Orlando, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a lucky experience where I walked in the day before their scheduled orientation and got invited on the spot. So no real interview for me. However, now that I've been working with them a bit and nearing the point of management here's some tips to the system. One: Dress like the mannequins. Look at the styling for that season and dress accordingly. Don't worry about your looks, this isn't a modeling agency but come looking as if you have an idea about what fashion is and are attempting to represent the brand as if you worked there. Two: Smile, be happy and energetic, and also engage the manager on staff. Ask them how they're doing, make brief chit chat about anything and then get to your point. This shows us that you know how to engage people and break that gap between you and the costumer. Three: Always come back two to three days after the submission of your application to give the manager two letters of recommendation. This tells the managers you're dedicated and check up on prior engagements. This also bumps your application back to the top of the stack. If you focus on these three things you will be seen as a prime candidate. So good luck! :) Notes: In response to some of the other interview experiences, stores like the Florida Mall location only hire individuals for one day shifts. As it is a higher volume store and they experience high traffic, they never keep associates scheduled for more than one day as they consider it to be to taxing other wise. Which it is. Managers are the only except and barely that. If you're looking for more regular hours consult the smaller stores. However if you do get into the Florida Mall location, it is a great place to receive training and good costumer one on one experience which you can use to transfer to a smaller store. As for management, I haven't experience any issues. I am friends with my district manager, I became good friends with my previous store manager, and I will make friends with my soon to be new manager. For those having complications with theirs or might have future complications. All I can say to you is focus on improving your skill set, that is what will allow you to navigate between store environments. If you find issues in one, and your skill set is malleable transferring is not out of the question.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you handle a possible shop lifter?   1 Answer
    • Q: How do you respond to team based challenges and scenarios?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aéropostale (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Walked into the store during regular working hours with a resume in hand. Gave it to the manager and had an on the spot interview. It was coming up on busy season so they were looking for as many candidates as possible. Standard questions about strengths, weaknesses and experience were asked.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in November 2014.

Interview

Applied in person and got a phone call 3 days later for a group interview. Quick 15 minute group interview, it was during the holidays so they needed employees ASAP, all three of us got hired on the spot! Then got followed up two days later for an orientation on greeting, cash, folding, etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?   1 Answer
    • Can you explain the outfit you are wear and try to sell it to a customer(hiring manager)   Answer Question
    • What captures your attention when shopping?   1 Answer
    • Talk about yourself!   Answer Question
    • What are your hobbies and what do you like to do on your spare time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wear Aéropostale, LAYER LAYER YOUR CLOTHES!!!!!! Ex: T-shirt, flannel/woven, and jacket/coat... Pants and shoes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale (Sanford, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was easy I went in turned in my application, she asked me questions about it right there. Went to group interview a couple hours later. Easy enough. We were all girls the same age, we all had different answers for questions which is good. It was fun and the interviewer made us feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Q What do you think the hardest part of this job would be? Q Look around the store and pick out something for a boy who is going to his sister's graduation party.   Answer Question