Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.0

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I handed in my application and it took about a month until I was offered an interview. The manager was super nice and it was very relaxed. It was a group interview so there was about 5 or 6 of us. After the interview the manager went in one on one and offered me a position then.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I brought my application into the store and one of the shift managers asked me a few questions there. I got a call to schedule and interview within three days. It was a group interview. The manager would ask us questions and if you wanted to answer you could. She had us all pick out certain types of outfits too.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you do to keep up with people around you? What do you do for fun? Are you a part of any groups? Do you have experience in customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Maumee, OH).

Interview

I applied in person and a week later went back to check on my status. They wrote down my info and called me for an interview a couple days later. I went in same day as the call. They had me make two outfits (one for a guy and one for a girl) with a theme based on what I did over the weekend. We talked about the outfits and my outfit that I was actually wearing. I was asked a couple super easy questions. The manager introduced me to the other employees and we chatted for bit. Afterwards she explained the store policies to me and showed me the back room and then hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What have you noticed about Aeropostale that stands out from the other brands?   Answer Question
    • What do you think your duties would be here?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

They just ask basic questions, The process wasn't too long. After the questions told us to pick an outfit like you would wear to work and maybe after to a friends. Then hired me on the spot

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Sanford, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was easy I went in turned in my application, she asked me questions about it right there. Went to group interview a couple hours later. Easy enough. We were all girls the same age, we all had different answers for questions which is good. It was fun and the interviewer made us feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Q What do you think the hardest part of this job would be? Q Look around the store and pick out something for a boy who is going to his sister's graduation party.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New Brunswick, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a very chill process. The assistant manager interviewed and just asked me basic questions like where I lived and what school I go to. The only interview question they really asked me was why I would like o work there.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I'd applied via the company's website and received a call from HR within days. Went on two interviews. Met first with the Senior Manager followed by the VP in the same week. The first two times I had to canceled due to an emergency and was unable to make it, but nonetheless I still rescheduled and went on both interviews. I am very disappointed. I've been applying to AERO since 2008 and gone on numerous interviews. I know I've the experience and skills. Not clear why I would get called back for a second interview if the company if not interested. Won't be applying to this company again.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through what you do? How many emails do you receive daily? Please tell me about yourself and background?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Lancaster, PA).

Interview

multiple interviewees were taken to a common area in the mall and asked general questions. After that, if you were selected, you were called in for training and started the job very quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Augusta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty simple, I arrived 20 minutes before my interview but the manager wasn't ready until the exact time, it was supposed to be a group interview but i t was just me and a girl, he asked about us, told us to put together a outfit, then act out a scenario. He called me back like 2 weeks later about being hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale in May 2015.

Interview

Quick and simple. Asks a few basic questions regarding experience, fashion, and what to do/ what not to do in certain situations. Was done in a group setting and then on-on-one

Interview Questions

• What do yo do if you encounter a shoplifter   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't any negotiation but if you're smart try not to get paid minimum wage.