Aéropostale Interview Questions

2.1

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in March 2012.

Was recruited from another company. Interviewed with Store Manager, District Manager, and Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked Why at my previous employment, it seems as if the aesthetic and standard had changed recently and why I though it successful/ not successful.   View Answer
    Offer, negotiations, and acceptance were all done via phone. Simpler due to the fact the the DM is not based out of my current city and I maintained full time status with my previous employer throughout the negotiation.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in April 2009.

Interview process with District Manager was very smooth and inviting. Had the opportunity to ask any and all questions to fully understand the expectations of the position. Second portion was meeting with Regional manager which was went smooth although that interviewer didn't seem comfortable with the one on one interaction.

Interview Questions
    • What is the first thing you would change if you started this position immediately?   View Answer
    Negotiation was very smooth. Was asked what I would require for the position and was given what I asked for.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2010.

It was a group interview conducted during the winter holiday season. We went around in a circle and introduced ourselves and stated on trend that we though would be making a come back.

Interview Questions
    • As for any interview, the most difficult question was "Tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

I applied online and was called for an interview some time later. I had heard good things about Aero, so I decided to look into it. I interviewed with the DM and then the Regional , both were face to face. I felt very comfortable and had a good feeling. After a few days, an offer was made and I asked for more money. I did get more, but not the full amount. I gave a start date and have been there since.

Interview Questions
    Just a few back and forth phone calls. If you play too many cards, you will lose.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in April 2012.

I was recruited while shopping in the mall by one of the managers and was told to come to a group interview the following week. There were about 12 other people at the group interviews and it was conducted by two managers (male and female) who were pretty laid back and fun. We all sat in a circle and they went over what the company stands for and the type of people they're looking for. They asked about 10 fairly easy questions and then they said they'd call within a few days if we got the position.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your role model and why?
      Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond what was expected of you?
      What is good customer service?
        View Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2012.

1) Ask for application at desk.
    2) Fill out said application.
    3) Return completed application.
    4) "We have a group interview session scheduled for __________ at ________pm. Do you think you could attend?" --Employee/Hiring Manager asked
    5) Respond yes or no. If you cannot, fingers crossed you get another opportunity, or rearrange your schedule to fit the interview.
    6) Attend interview. Three or four people show up, and you answer a couple of hypothetical questions and questions about work ethic. Answer to impress but be truthful.
    7)Interview ends. Shake hands with the hiring manager.
    8) The hiring manager takes a group picture of the potential employees to send to the district manager to ensure that these are the types of people the company wants as representatives.
    9) Call back. The hiring manager gives you a call and tells you that you've gotten the job. He tells you the orientation date and time.
    10) Orientation: Fill out paperwork packet and review dress code and behavior policy
    11) Holiday Meeting: Watch a video about what to expect as daily tasks.
    12) Receive Dayforce information (to check your working schedule)
    13) Arrive when you are scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you say or do if one of your friends came into the store and wanted to use your employee discount?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hickory, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2008.

I walked into the store and handed them my resume. About two days later they called me in for the interview. Since I had experience working in Burger King they viewed me as a preferred candidate. They asked me basic questions about the hours I could work and how to resolve conflict. They also asked me about previous work and why I left. It wasn't stressful situation it was more relaxed and open.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were basic and I was never blindsided.   View Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2009.

I applied during a job fair before the store was open. They had a quick back and forth there, which I didn't know was an interview. But I got called back for a second interview with the store manager and a store manager from another Aeropostale. After a half-an-hour interview, with situational and general questions, I was hired!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Got called for an interview, when i came in realized it was a group interview with two other people. The questions they asked where fairly easy, just simple questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think your good for this job?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2011.

I applied in person quite a few months before I was called for an interview for a seasonal position; the interview was set up for the following week or so. I was told to dress "Aero cool" which, for any prospective Aero employees, basically means to wear as much Aero clothing as you can--I just wore an Aero shirt and was fine, as did another girl, and we were both hired. The girl who didn't wear any Aero, but had a rather impressive resume was not hired. It's very important to this company to represent the brand in a cool and trendy way, whether or not you have the experience. Be sure to smile and talk in a cheerful way, and act totally comfortable!

During the first part of the interview, the manager read to us all about the Aero company, what it stands for, yada ya. It's easy to get lost, but try not to. She asked us questions later about like, what break away statement would you use? (You need to know what she means by break away, which she explained earlier).

The second part of the interview was where the manager questioned us, and they were typical interview questions.

The third part of the interview was a skills test, where we had to greet the manager as she pretended to walk into the store as a busy mom who was shopping for her daughter, and then as a teenager who is shopping for herself (role-playing). During this part it is very important that you speak loudly and clearly, that you smile, and that you seem totally into the Aero brand. Be sure to throw in a "Welcome to Aeropostale!" And you're golden.

A few days later I was called and offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Aeropostale?   View Answer