Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Group interview... got a call a week later to attend orientation

Interview Questions

• Fun fact about yourself... prepare something unique and interesting   Answer Question

Role Model Interview

Interview

The interview process takes place in a group interview. The group can range from as little as 2 to 6 people. My interview group had about 5 people. Being in a group definitely takes the nerves away, but you do have to work harder to stand out in the group.
    Before the interview, you must fill out some paper work so it helps to show up at least 15 minutes early. Next, everyone in the group introduces themselves and some brief questions are asked by the manager. It helps to always be the first one to answer. The interview got a lot more exciting as you actually get tested on different tasks you'd have to take part in if hired as a Role Model- fold clothes, help at the fitting rooms, and build outfits.
    Overall, as long as you dress the part, are very enthusiastic, and try your best at the tasks at hand, the job will be yours.

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy more of a conversation than an interview and I received an offer the next day

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I was literally hired the day of my interview and rushed into training. The interviewing DM asked questions for about 10 minutes and then said something to effect of "Well, we need someone ASAP and you're it." That should have been a warning signal.

Interview Questions

• The questions were incredibly easy, and most were directed towards when I could start and what my salary requirements were versus my actual abilities and experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

It was a group interview, which I was very surprised about. But overall it was a relaxed interview. They did take a while to actually bring me up to the interviewing area, like they had forgotten about me. Hiring was pretty straight forward and they give you good training once you were hired.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't prepared to answer which celebrity I think was the Aéropostale style. But now I think I wouldn't have a problem with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

went in person

Interview Questions

• what's the one thing you would take with you in the case of a fire?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Filled out application.. Then got a call asking to come in for an interview. I went in for interview. It was a group interview. I left and got a call the next week offering me the job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

Very relaxed process which consisted of only one group interview. The people that were hired from the group interview were the most outgoing and had the most thoughtful answers. Do not rush into answering the question--put some thought into it first.

Interview Questions

• What you do when a customer complains about something?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

They made me jump through hoops just to get an interview. I had to recruit 12 people to go to the upcoming even and even after that and promising me an interview the following Monday they didn't call to schedule the interview until I called them. Then they scheduled the interview a month later and during the interview told me that they had just hired a bunch of new people with in the month so they weren't hiring.

The interview itself was decent. They asked me a lot of questions like like the norm (ways to describe yourself, greatest weakness, what is customer service- good and bad). But also a few caught me off guard.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in September 2014.

Interview

Before the interview, make you sure you research who Aero uses for their ambassadors. This changes from year to year. Come to the interview very styled in current fashion trends, business attire isn't acceptable.

Interview Questions

• Before the interview, visit an Aero store near you. You want to be able to talk about the shopping experience and compare it to their competition. Plus be knowledgeable about coaching and your leadership style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Trying to negotiate for more money.