Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.1

Role Model Interview

The interview process takes place in a group interview. The group can range from as little as 2 to 6 people. My interview group had about 5 people. Being in a group definitely takes the nerves away, but you do have to work harder to stand out in the group.
    Before the interview, you must fill out some paper work so it helps to show up at least 15 minutes early. Next, everyone in the group introduces themselves and some brief questions are asked by the manager. It helps to always be the first one to answer. The interview got a lot more exciting as you actually get tested on different tasks you'd have to take part in if hired as a Role Model- fold clothes, help at the fitting rooms, and build outfits.
    Overall, as long as you dress the part, are very enthusiastic, and try your best at the tasks at hand, the job will be yours.

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Aéropostale.

The interview was relatively easy more of a conversation than an interview and I received an offer the next day

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

I was literally hired the day of my interview and rushed into training. The interviewing DM asked questions for about 10 minutes and then said something to effect of "Well, we need someone ASAP and you're it." That should have been a warning signal.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were incredibly easy, and most were directed towards when I could start and what my salary requirements were versus my actual abilities and experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Walked in and asked for the manager, asked if they were hiring, said yes and led me to another manager who asked my why I wanted to work there, asked on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty easy interview. Most difficult question was "what can you bring to the company."   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

It was a group interview, which I was very surprised about. But overall it was a relaxed interview. They did take a while to actually bring me up to the interviewing area, like they had forgotten about me. Hiring was pretty straight forward and they give you good training once you were hired.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't prepared to answer which celebrity I think was the Aéropostale style. But now I think I wouldn't have a problem with it.   Answer Question
    I

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

went in person

Interview Questions
    • what's the one thing you would take with you in the case of a fire?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Filled out application.. Then got a call asking to come in for an interview. I went in for interview. It was a group interview. I left and got a call the next week offering me the job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Very relaxed process which consisted of only one group interview. The people that were hired from the group interview were the most outgoing and had the most thoughtful answers. Do not rush into answering the question--put some thought into it first.

Interview Questions
    • What you do when a customer complains about something?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

They made me jump through hoops just to get an interview. I had to recruit 12 people to go to the upcoming even and even after that and promising me an interview the following Monday they didn't call to schedule the interview until I called them. Then they scheduled the interview a month later and during the interview told me that they had just hired a bunch of new people with in the month so they weren't hiring.

The interview itself was decent. They asked me a lot of questions like like the norm (ways to describe yourself, greatest weakness, what is customer service- good and bad). But also a few caught me off guard.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Aéropostale.

It was a group interview with about 7 other people, everyone was high school aged. They asked 1 question and each person had to go around in a circle and answer the question. So if you're the last person, someone could easily say the answer you were planning on saying. It was pretty easy going, I think they were just trying to scope out if you could get along well with other people and that you have a good personality.