Aéropostale

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Average Difficulty
164 candidate interviews

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – Much like any other interview. Nothing extremely out of the ordinary. Wore normal clothes, didn't need to look over professional, just nice and clean. Interview was in a group format which can be intimidating but wasn't bad as long as you speak up. Once you start working there you realize they will basically hire anyone.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotions

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – Interview was a group interview in the food court, the manager just asked general questions and was very friendly

Interview Question – What would be the biggest accomplishment so far in life.   View Answer

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – The interview process is quite informal, and is held in store. Usually with a group of people - 4-6, with two managers. Different scenarios and questions are asked and discussed. They do not do backfgound or drug tests which is unusual.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer was rude to you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Aéropostale

Interview Details – Was given a date and time for a group interview upon turning in my application. Was called back for an individual interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – What do their 4 values (integrity, teamwork, respect, compassion) mean to you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Aéropostale

Interview Details – I knew the manager before my interview, so I went in and filled out the application with her and she asked me basic questions about my time availability and my prior retail skills.

Interview Question – Can you speak Spanish?   Answer Question

Role Model Interview

Role Model

Interviewed at Aéropostale

Interview Details – The interview process takes place in a group interview. The group can range from as little as 2 to 6 people. My interview group had about 5 people. Being in a group definitely takes the nerves away, but you do have to work harder to stand out in the group.
Before the interview, you must fill out some paper work so it helps to show up at least 15 minutes early. Next, everyone in the group introduces themselves and some brief questions are asked by the manager. It helps to always be the first one to answer. The interview got a lot more exciting as you actually get tested on different tasks you'd have to take part in if hired as a Role Model- fold clothes, help at the fitting rooms, and build outfits.
Overall, as long as you dress the part, are very enthusiastic, and try your best at the tasks at hand, the job will be yours.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Merch Flow Associate Interview

Merch Flow Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – I was scheduled for an interview as soon as i turned in my application. three days later i had my interview

Interview Question – My manager asked very unique questions to say the least, but the most difficult question was "if you were a fruit which fruit would you, be and why?"   Answer Question

Model/Sales Interview

Model/Sales
Newark, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – One simple interview that asks personality based questions and about previous work experience.

Interview Question – They were all straightforward   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate/Cashieres Interview

Sales Associate/Cashieres

I applied in-person - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2011.

Interview Details – Had a quick group interview. They're usually looking for outgoing & energetic people.

Interview Question – Who has inspired you the most?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They called me the same day & asked if I would like the job. Great staff to work with, the management is good, but sometimes they don't take you seriously. Very hard to try to move up.

Very Easy Interview

Merch Flow Interview

Merch Flow

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2012.

Interview Details – I walked in and ask for an application. I filled out and turned it back in within a few minutes. I was called back a few days after for a group interview. So easy! All you do is fill out paperwork and watch videos

Interview Question – An unexpected question was when was the last time I got in trouble and why.   Answer Question