Aéropostale

161 candidate interviews

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called for an interview some time later. I had heard good things about Aero, so I decided to look into it. I interviewed with the DM and then the Regional , both were face to face. I felt very comfortable and had a good feeling. After a few days, an offer was made and I asked for more money. I did get more, but not the full amount. I gave a start date and have been there since.

Interview Question – How do you motivate people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just a few back and forth phone calls. If you play too many cards, you will lose.

Sunrise, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was recruited while shopping in the mall by one of the managers and was told to come to a group interview the following week. There were about 12 other people at the group interviews and it was conducted by two managers (male and female) who were pretty laid back and fun. We all sat in a circle and they went over what the company stands for and the type of people they're looking for. They asked about 10 fairly easy questions and then they said they'd call within a few days if we got the position.

Interview Question – Who is your role model and why?
Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond what was expected of you?
What is good customer service?
  View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in April 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process with District Manager was very smooth and inviting. Had the opportunity to ask any and all questions to fully understand the expectations of the position. Second portion was meeting with Regional manager which was went smooth although that interviewer didn't seem comfortable with the one on one interaction.

Interview Question – What is the first thing you would change if you started this position immediately?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was very smooth. Was asked what I would require for the position and was given what I asked for.

ASM Interview

ASM

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2010.

Interview Details – I spoke with my district manager about the position. The next day I had a phone interview with the Regional Manager. It was more difficult over the phone because I was unable to see facial expressions but the interview went well. I received an offer two days later.

Interview Question – What do your associates consider your most valuable trait?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate unfortunately. I was unfortunately not prepared in the asking price. My advice is to have a strong number that if you have to lower it by a few thousand it will still be better than their initial offer.

Santa Rosa, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied in person quite a few months before I was called for an interview for a seasonal position; the interview was set up for the following week or so. I was told to dress "Aero cool" which, for any prospective Aero employees, basically means to wear as much Aero clothing as you can--I just wore an Aero shirt and was fine, as did another girl, and we were both hired. The girl who didn't wear any Aero, but had a rather impressive resume was not hired. It's very important to this company to represent the brand in a cool and trendy way, whether or not you have the experience. Be sure to smile and talk in a cheerful way, and act totally comfortable!

During the first part of the interview, the manager read to us all about the Aero company, what it stands for, yada ya. It's easy to get lost, but try not to. She asked us questions later about like, what break away statement would you use? (You need to know what she means by break away, which she explained earlier).

The second part of the interview was where the manager questioned us, and they were typical interview questions.

The third part of the interview was a skills test, where we had to greet the manager as she pretended to walk into the store as a busy mom who was shopping for her daughter, and then as a teenager who is shopping for herself (role-playing). During this part it is very important that you speak loudly and clearly, that you smile, and that you seem totally into the Aero brand. Be sure to throw in a "Welcome to Aeropostale!" And you're golden.

A few days later I was called and offered a job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Aeropostale?   View Answer

Valencia, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied in store, they called me in for a group interview about 2 weeks later, and 2 weeks after the group interview they hired me. They held 3 group interviews in total, with about 7 or 8 people at each one. It was a good experience for a first job.

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in May 2012.

Interview Details – I did an interview with 2 other people. It was very uncomfortable due to the extra people. I came prepared for a one on one job interview as in me and the interviewer. I adapted and then she asked a few questions such as: '' If you had to switch your schedule with a friend because you wanted to leave work, would you do that''? We all answered ''no''. And she said ''very good''. Then we answered a few more questions and then we walked to the store to practice greeting an employee. I went second and acted as if I was folding clothes and answered the employee with complete respect and honesty. I was called three days later with a job offer and I accepted. I showed up to the orientation and one person out of the two got hired as well.

Interview Questions

• Would you switch shifts with a friend?   View Answer
  • What are three aspects that you could bring to our company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a 5 day/ 5 hour work schedule. It was relatively easy and fun. The pay was $7.25, and it couldnt be changed. Pay is every 2 weeks. Good Luck.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – I went in to a group interview and there was 3 of us he took us into the back and asked us questions then asked us to sell her some shorts then took us up to the front to see how we we did in greeting then she said the person who hires will call buy Friday

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – Got called for an interview, when i came in realized it was a group interview with two other people. The questions they asked where fairly easy, just simple questions.

Interview Question – Why do you think your good for this job?   View Answer

Hickory, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2008.

Interview Details – I walked into the store and handed them my resume. About two days later they called me in for the interview. Since I had experience working in Burger King they viewed me as a preferred candidate. They asked me basic questions about the hours I could work and how to resolve conflict. They also asked me about previous work and why I left. It wasn't stressful situation it was more relaxed and open.

Interview Question – All the questions were basic and I was never blindsided.   View Answer