Aéropostale

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

2.1

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Employee had refereed me to her DM. DM had called and we spoke briefly. She had me meet her and her boss at a near by Starbucks. The boss asked most of the questions. They were dressed very casual. I was way too overdressed.

Merch Flow Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2013.

I got a text saying i was hired after having the group interview, told me my position and pay which was $8 an hour, very descriptive as well

Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in February 2012.

asked basic interview questions and got back after 2 weeks,

Interview Questions
    • a recent mishap you had to fix, and how did u go about it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in November 2011.

I applied in person quite a few months before I was called for an interview for a seasonal position; the interview was set up for the following week or so. I was told to dress "Aero cool" which, for any prospective Aero employees, basically means to wear as much Aero clothing as you can--I just wore an Aero shirt and was fine, as did another girl, and we were both hired. The girl who didn't wear any Aero, but had a rather impressive resume was not hired. It's very important to this company to represent the brand in a cool and trendy way, whether or not you have the experience. Be sure to smile and talk in a cheerful way, and act totally comfortable!

During the first part of the interview, the manager read to us all about the Aero company, what it stands for, yada ya. It's easy to get lost, but try not to. She asked us questions later about like, what break away statement would you use? (You need to know what she means by break away, which she explained earlier).

The second part of the interview was where the manager questioned us, and they were typical interview questions.

The third part of the interview was a skills test, where we had to greet the manager as she pretended to walk into the store as a busy mom who was shopping for her daughter, and then as a teenager who is shopping for herself (role-playing). During this part it is very important that you speak loudly and clearly, that you smile, and that you seem totally into the Aero brand. Be sure to throw in a "Welcome to Aeropostale!" And you're golden.

A few days later I was called and offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Aeropostale?   View Answer

ASM Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in September 2010.

I spoke with my district manager about the position. The next day I had a phone interview with the Regional Manager. It was more difficult over the phone because I was unable to see facial expressions but the interview went well. I received an offer two days later.

Interview Questions
    • What do your associates consider your most valuable trait?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate unfortunately. I was unfortunately not prepared in the asking price. My advice is to have a strong number that if you have to lower it by a few thousand it will still be better than their initial offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in October 2011.

I applied in store, they called me in for a group interview about 2 weeks later, and 2 weeks after the group interview they hired me. They held 3 group interviews in total, with about 7 or 8 people at each one. It was a good experience for a first job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in May 2012.

I did an interview with 2 other people. It was very uncomfortable due to the extra people. I came prepared for a one on one job interview as in me and the interviewer. I adapted and then she asked a few questions such as: '' If you had to switch your schedule with a friend because you wanted to leave work, would you do that''? We all answered ''no''. And she said ''very good''. Then we answered a few more questions and then we walked to the store to practice greeting an employee. I went second and acted as if I was folding clothes and answered the employee with complete respect and honesty. I was called three days later with a job offer and I accepted. I showed up to the orientation and one person out of the two got hired as well.

Interview Questions
    • Would you switch shifts with a friend?   View Answer
    • What are three aspects that you could bring to our company?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a 5 day/ 5 hour work schedule. It was relatively easy and fun. The pay was $7.25, and it couldnt be changed. Pay is every 2 weeks. Good Luck.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

I went in to a group interview and there was 3 of us he took us into the back and asked us questions then asked us to sell her some shorts then took us up to the front to see how we we did in greeting then she said the person who hires will call buy Friday

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Got called for an interview, when i came in realized it was a group interview with two other people. The questions they asked where fairly easy, just simple questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think your good for this job?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in July 2008.

I walked into the store and handed them my resume. About two days later they called me in for the interview. Since I had experience working in Burger King they viewed me as a preferred candidate. They asked me basic questions about the hours I could work and how to resolve conflict. They also asked me about previous work and why I left. It wasn't stressful situation it was more relaxed and open.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were basic and I was never blindsided.   View Answer