Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in May 2012.

I did an interview with 2 other people. It was very uncomfortable due to the extra people. I came prepared for a one on one job interview as in me and the interviewer. I adapted and then she asked a few questions such as: '' If you had to switch your schedule with a friend because you wanted to leave work, would you do that''? We all answered ''no''. And she said ''very good''. Then we answered a few more questions and then we walked to the store to practice greeting an employee. I went second and acted as if I was folding clothes and answered the employee with complete respect and honesty. I was called three days later with a job offer and I accepted. I showed up to the orientation and one person out of the two got hired as well.

Interview Questions
    • Would you switch shifts with a friend?   View Answer
    • What are three aspects that you could bring to our company?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a 5 day/ 5 hour work schedule. It was relatively easy and fun. The pay was $7.25, and it couldnt be changed. Pay is every 2 weeks. Good Luck.

ASM Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2010.

I spoke with my district manager about the position. The next day I had a phone interview with the Regional Manager. It was more difficult over the phone because I was unable to see facial expressions but the interview went well. I received an offer two days later.

Interview Questions
    • What do your associates consider your most valuable trait?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate unfortunately. I was unfortunately not prepared in the asking price. My advice is to have a strong number that if you have to lower it by a few thousand it will still be better than their initial offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2011.

I applied in store, they called me in for a group interview about 2 weeks later, and 2 weeks after the group interview they hired me. They held 3 group interviews in total, with about 7 or 8 people at each one. It was a good experience for a first job.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2010.

I was first recruited by a previous coworker at Aeropostale. I believe they have quotas they may need to fill. I interviewed with the DM days later, and it went well. So, she set up a phone interview with the Regional, that also seem to went well. They did ask pretty moderate questions that did get you thinking about yourself as a leader and business runner.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe yourself as a leader?   View Answer

I wanted to get paid more, not just matched.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

It was a group interview, in which they expect you to be very outgoing for the position. Each person answers different questions and they throw curve ball questions. It was a pretty informal interview, where everyone was wearing their clothes. That was unexpected, because I thought everyone was suppose to dress up.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Aéropostale.

I went in to a group interview and there was 3 of us he took us into the back and asked us questions then asked us to sell her some shorts then took us up to the front to see how we we did in greeting then she said the person who hires will call buy Friday

Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in January 2010.

It was a pleasant process. They were very thourough. I had a phone interview, a 1on 1 interview, and then a group interview. They made an offer and I declined.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us and not our cheaper competitor/   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in March 2010.

it was cool, simple, easy to the point. I went in dressed semi-fashion forward they loved me, the people were very nice

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2011.

I applied in the store and I automatically got to sign up for a "group interview" without bias. I showed up a good 15 minutes early, most of the group showed up on time and a few were late. Sadly the lady who was interviewing us was late as well so my earliness and the group's lateness went unnoticed. Because this was a mall, we went to a lounging area and split off into two smaller groups. We were all asked a series of simple questions. Finally, we had to say something like "Hi, Welcome to Aeropostale!" I never got a call back, I bet they hired the chick that showed up 5 minutes late. /life

Stock Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in January 2010.

I had two interviews. I interviewed with the assistant manager and the general manager separately. Both interviews went well and were very infomative of job desciption as well as asking probing questions of my abilities.

Interview Questions
    • name 3 of your biggest weaknesses and what you do to improve upon them.   Answer Question