Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.0

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I filled out an application and when I went to turn it in the sales associate asked if I'd like to speak to the assistant manager, so I did. He ended up just asking me some interview questions and then told me he'd pass my application to the manager. It was a couple weeks until I got a call about coming in for a group interview. It ended up just being another girl and I in the interview and about a week later I got the call that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time where you had to step up and be a leader"   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

Good interview pretty easy asked basic questions. Just smile and relax and you'll be fine. they also asked for me to build an outfit for a certain occasion. Most of the questions, since it was in a group interview, were just about fashion and we each went around answering. Simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Lancaster, PA).

Interview

It's a very simple process for a sales associate you just fill out your application. Then they'll call you if you like think you fit the part. Make should you look well dressed they judge on appearance. Then you normally just interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Would you find yourself to be a people person?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

They made me jump through hoops just to get an interview. I had to recruit 12 people to go to the upcoming even and even after that and promising me an interview the following Monday they didn't call to schedule the interview until I called them. Then they scheduled the interview a month later and during the interview told me that they had just hired a bunch of new people with in the month so they weren't hiring. The interview itself was decent. They asked me a lot of questions like like the norm (ways to describe yourself, greatest weakness, what is customer service- good and bad). But also a few caught me off guard.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

went in person

Interview Questions

• what's the one thing you would take with you in the case of a fire?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

It was a group interview, which I was very surprised about. But overall it was a relaxed interview. They did take a while to actually bring me up to the interviewing area, like they had forgotten about me. Hiring was pretty straight forward and they give you good training once you were hired.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't prepared to answer which celebrity I think was the Aéropostale style. But now I think I wouldn't have a problem with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Houston, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. It was a group interview, and the managers asked very simple questions about what we would do in certain situations or our previous experience working as part of a team, and we would go around the circle answering the questions. I wasn't told it was a group interview before hand, but it wasn't difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Biloxi, MS) in April 2012.

Interview

They only do paper applications in store. I was called in for an interview, and asked general questions about myself. I did research prior to the interview which wasn't exactly needed.

Interview Questions

• I didn't expect the interview to be so personal. By that, I mean it was only general conversation. There weren't any questions about the company or my work ethic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The manager just said that I would start training the following week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Austin, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. I was only asked when I was available, if I was still in school, and my age. Then I was hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Humble, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

SUPER FRIENDLY. Feels like you're talking to a close friend but keeping it professional. The interview is really simple and they are very detailed about the job requirements and they give you a brief overview of your duties.

Interview Questions

• Working around your schedule. They need committed people   Answer Question