Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in June 2013.

This is a pretty laid-back, casual interview. Don't even sweat it. Just wear what you would consider trendy and stylish at the time (jeans and such are ok). What they did with me is they had my interview with a group of people. They would go around and have us introduce ourselves and ask us questions about our styles and what we think current trends are and such. Every question was pretty much about clothes and there was also one question on why we wanted to work there. Then they also had us create outfits for the opposite gender based off what we could find in the store. For example, if you were a boy, you would create an outfit for a girl and vice versa. If they think your outfit is stylish, then you're good. I've never really seen anyone not get hired once they reached the interview stage at Aero, so you really have nothing to worry about unless you say something ridiculous when you answer the questions or can't match clothing colors.

Interview Questions
    • There really won't be any ridiculously difficult questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in April 2014.

Went in and filled out an application. Had to keep going back to get them to call me. Once they called I had an interview and the interview was a group one. Asked us no questions, just told us about the store and told us he hired us based on our personalities. Was hired the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in April 2012.

They only do paper applications in store. I was called in for an interview, and asked general questions about myself. I did research prior to the interview which wasn't exactly needed.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't expect the interview to be so personal. By that, I mean it was only general conversation. There weren't any questions about the company or my work ethic.   Answer Question
    The manager just said that I would start training the following week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in February 2014.

Easy, really. I brought in my application and the manager gave me a little interview on the spot then hired me on the spot! She was really nice and she made it really chill and easy for me to talk to her. The questions were super easy, something you probably would hear at all retail stores you get interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, there was no difficult or unexpected questions. Every typical question you get asked at retail stores like how to help customers, how to greet, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in June 2012.

The interview was a group interview. I had it in the bag. The other girls were shy. I was the most talkative and outspoken one there. I got a call back a week later saying i got the job. Went in to fill out all my paperwork, it's a lot of paperwork. Hardly got any training but i caught on quick. It's not that hard to fold clothes. The cash register training was easy as well.

Interview Questions
    • All the saftey questions were unexpected and difficult. there was never anytime to study the list of things they were asking. We couldn't hang out in the back room and we were always too busy on the floor.   Answer Question
    They said they would like me to work there i said great when do I start?

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aéropostale.

I was referred by a friend, got an interview and was hired on the spot. Very basic questions with a very nice and easy-going manager. Orientation followed a week after.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2013.

It was an hour long interview. Questions can be hard if you are new to retail. It is easy if you already have experience. Questions are pretty normal and easy to answer. The manager was really nice to me

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

I was told to come as casual as i wanted to the interview. The interview itself was extremely laid back and it seemed as if i was talking to a couple of my friends. About half of the management team sat in on the interview as well as myself and a couple of other potentials.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions, it was all straight forward for the most part.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Ambassador Interview

interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2012.

I met the manager in the store and talked with her while receiving my application. I passed it in a few days later, but had to call a few times before getting an interview. For the interview I was asked to dress as if I was working a shift there, so in Aero dress code, which of course, I didn't know yet. I was taken into the back room, and asked a few basic retail questions before I filled out my hiring paperwork a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a teen and mother were arguing?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. I received minimum wage. I was 16, and this was my first job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2014.

I went into aero one day to see if they were hiring and the lady asked how old I was and I said "16" and she said yeah here's an application but first I'm going to let you read the policy of how you're supposed to dress if you were to work here. So I agreed and then I turned in my application about a week later and so happened I turned it to the manager and then she asked me some questions like "what are some words your friends would describe you?" "Any extracurricular activities?" Etc and she said I'd have a group interview in 2 weeks. And to bring 2 letters of recommendation. So now I'm waiting to go into my first interview (: