Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.0

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Got an application for a seasonal position and turned it in a few days after retrieving the application. I gave the application to the cashier and walked out then she called me back and did a quick interview on the spot. Then she told me to come back a few days later since there will be a group interview. She told me to dress in what I thought was Aeropostale style which was wearing articles of clothing from aeropostale.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Knowing someone who works for this company is best. Interview set up was easy. Very casual and comfortable. We sat down and had a real conversation before initial interview which made it very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What struggles do you face as a manager and why? Where do you see yourself in ten years / in retail?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I filled out an application and when I went to turn it in the sales associate asked if I'd like to speak to the assistant manager, so I did. He ended up just asking me some interview questions and then told me he'd pass my application to the manager. It was a couple weeks until I got a call about coming in for a group interview. It ended up just being another girl and I in the interview and about a week later I got the call that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time where you had to step up and be a leader"   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

The interview was very laid back and it was actually held outside. It was a group interview and we each took turns answering simple questions about ourselves. There were no questions that I was expecting along the lines of business and scenarios. Overall the interview was very easy and it was my first one.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. One of the questions was " How would you describe your personal style" ?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Found me at my college campus. Called for an interview. Told me to wear a fitted tshirt and jeans for the day of the interview. The interview was a group one which was fine but it didn't feel personalized. Most of us were immediately hired and shown around. The managers were very nice and helpful

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate

Aero Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in September 2014.

Interview

My interview was fun and relaxed, the manager seemed friendly and open. I got the job immediately. Started working WEEKS after hired, which was odd. My first day, I received no instruction of what to do and never had a training day like other specific employees. I had to take initiative most of the time because the head manager was too busy sitting in the stock room eating. All she did was yell at targeted employees over the headset because they were doing their job, such as folding clothes, when no customers were around. I was shocked at the rude and unprofessional attitude at the head manager, the others in charge were far more responsible and courteous. I also got disciplined once because the head manager brought her young 13 year old daughter to work in my same position on black friday. She moved me because I wasn't doing anything, when I actually tried to talk and greet the customers but her daughter happened to be in their face each time. I shouldn't have to compete for my job position with a non-employee. Overall, I did not receive notice of when I was terminated and received no reason as to why I was. I feel bad for aeropostale and their company's choice in management.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question; The interview was more childish than anything and I felt as if I was being interviewed at giggles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I chose my hours, which was common. I picked every day of the week, and picked reasonable hours because I'm in high school. I showed improvement over time, just as the other managers said consistently, but gained no more than one shift a week.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process includes either two or more interviewees. Of course, they start off by telling you to describe yourself. And then they started to ask odd questions such as what I would order at Taco Bell and what's my favorite movie and why. I guess the real interview is when they actually put you on the floor and tell you to act as if you were actually hired and working.

Interview Questions

• "Now we're going to put you on the floor and give you the oppurtunity to work."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations; only paid minimum wage.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale (Princeton, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. It was supposed to be a group interview however they were either late or didn't show up so I was already on a good start. I wore professional clothing. The manager who interviewed me was nice and explained how drama is something she seriously does not handle. It took about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you handled a difficult client?   1 Answer

I got an offer at another job first.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Went into the store, met with the manager, they told me they could do an interview on the spot so they took me in the back room and gave me the general screening. It took about 30 to 45 minutes to complete, then i had to fill out all the paper work and they told me that they would be giving me a call whenever they needed me to come into work.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

First submit the application and then return to the store for a group interview which consisted of: practicing a store greeting, demonstrate approaching and interacting with a customer, and put together a complete outfit to pitch to a customer.

Interview Questions

• How would you recommend a clothing item to someone searching for a 13 year old girl's birthday gift?   Answer Question