Aéropostale

161 candidate interviews

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was a group interview. I had it in the bag. The other girls were shy. I was the most talkative and outspoken one there. I got a call back a week later saying i got the job. Went in to fill out all my paperwork, it's a lot of paperwork. Hardly got any training but i caught on quick. It's not that hard to fold clothes. The cash register training was easy as well.

Interview Question – All the saftey questions were unexpected and difficult. there was never anytime to study the list of things they were asking. We couldn't hang out in the back room and we were always too busy on the floor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said they would like me to work there i said great when do I start?

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend, got an interview and was hired on the spot. Very basic questions with a very nice and easy-going manager. Orientation followed a week after.

Interview Question – Pick someone to represent Aeropostale and why   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2013.

Interview Details – It was an hour long interview. Questions can be hard if you are new to retail. It is easy if you already have experience. Questions are pretty normal and easy to answer. The manager was really nice to me

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Minot, ND

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – Interview was pretty easy, On the hiring part regarding to salary they are not clear about that, you need to have them clarify regarding the salary and bonuses because it's not what they offer.

Interview Question – It was not difficult   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – Internal hire, very easy process.

Interview Question – How do I decide what to wear   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes or no

Merch Flow Interview

Merch Flow

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2012.

Interview Details – I walked in and ask for an application. I filled out and turned it back in within a few minutes. I was called back a few days after for a group interview. So easy! All you do is fill out paperwork and watch videos

Interview Question – An unexpected question was when was the last time I got in trouble and why.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was very straightforward. It was a group interview, and the managers asked very simple questions about what we would do in certain situations or our previous experience working as part of a team, and we would go around the circle answering the questions. I wasn't told it was a group interview before hand, but it wasn't difficult.

Langley, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2010.

Interview Details – 1 interview. Casual. To the point , about 20 minutes. Was told to wear jeans and dress like you already worked there. Discussed my resume and previous employers.

Interview Question – Name something you struggle with   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate
Didn't know what I made until first pay day, a little awkward not knowing

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was applying to stores around the mall and I just happened to walk into P.S. knowing it was owned by Aeropostale. When I walked in I was the only costumer and the employees seemed to know right away that I was coming in for an application. The two girls working were very nice and handed it to me. I came back about an hour later after completing the application and brought it back to the two girls. Right away they scheduled me for an interview for two weeks later and handed me a 20% off Aero coupon and told me to come dressed like I would for the first day of work, in all Aeropostale apparel. About a week later I received a call asking if I could reschedule the interview for another two weeks. I was fine with that but it also made me apply for other jobs as well. I was not told it was a group interview but I assumed from other reviews from Aero. I arrived 15 minutes before and was the first person. I was told we were waiting for a few others and to look around. A guy and two more girls had came and we started the interview. The manager was extremely nice and made everyone feel comfortable. We were not asked any questions during this interview, we just talked about ourselves to start off. We each took turns greeting an employee acting as a costumer. They are looking for open questions such as "what brings you in here today?" and "Are you shopping for a boy or a girl?" Questions which cannot be answered with a yes or a no. After that we went to the fitting rooms and showed how we would deal with situations and treat the customers and what to bring them while they are trying the clothes on. The last step we did was go into the stock room and were shown everything back there. She dismissed us and told us if they want to extend the other they'd call us within a week. I was offered the job but denied because you only get 0-5 hours a week before Christmas time and it was also 25 minutes away from my house so I took an offer from a closer store. Overall it was a great interview and it was very fun! I would have taken the offer if there were more hours and if it were closer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at P.S.?   View Answer

South Jordan, UT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – I called the store to see if they were hiring and they told me to come in and get an application in the store. Moments after picking it up a manager asked me if I could join a group interview the following Monday at 3. I said yes and asked if I should bring a resume, and he said just 2 recommendations with the application! so I went in about 255 on Monday with both in hand and there were three other applicants. Once we all got together we sat in a sitting area in the mall, he asked us our names, what school, grade we are. I was the only one over 18. and our favorite band. it was obvious right then that this job isn't meant for full time, it's perfect for high school students; mainly because the employer mentioned that some people work once a month. so we finished the interview with greeting, questions, an picking one outfit that represented our style.

Interview Question – no real questions, just more for fun.   Answer Question