Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.1

Greeter Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

I turned in my app. And the person who took it signed me up for a group interview the same day. Went and they had me pick out clothes that i think are aero work clothes. Then we worked in a Part of the store.

None

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

Pretty easy hiring process and fast. I walked into the store and asked for an application. They had me fill it out at the counter and then a manager looked it over. He gave me a little card that had my interview date on it. The interview was the next day. It was a group interview with 4 other people. We weren't asked many questions basically just common sense thing like how would you help a costumer in this situation or what would you do if someone wanted to use your employee discount. Everyone in the interview was hired and a couple days later we all came back for orientation. I got a phone call 5 hours after my interview saying I was hired so if they like you, it's a super quick process.
    Also make sure you WEAR AEROPOSTALE clothes to the interview. I wore a dress from there and the manager noticed instantly and complimented me on it. If you show that you can wear their clothes to work, they will be more impressed with you.

We were required to bring to forms of ID which we were told SEVERAL times throughout the interview. One girl showed up without two forms of ID and she was immediately dismissed. So make sure you bring your ids. The other three people that were hired with me must have worked one shift and quit because I never saw them again. For the first month or so your hours will SUCK and you willl be on fitting rooms the WHOLE TIME. But once they really start to like you, you get to do projects and work the register. Then the newest employee is stuck on fitting room duty. If you can survive the month of fitting rooms, it's not a bad job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were really easy. Just make sure you speak up and get noticed.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Submitted application in-store and then about two weeks later got a call for a group interview. It was three of us including myself. Questions were really basic- why do you want to work for Aeropostale, how would you greet a customer, what is your favorite store besides Aeropostale, do you have previous retail experience, you saw a co-worker breaking store policy what would you do. Also questions about how would you prevent in-store theft. Overall pretty easy interview got called back later that day saying I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any really difficult question. Just be yourself and come prepared to answer retail related question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2013.

During the interview I was asked why I wanted to work their and my age. After that she just went over a lot of information then we had to act as if we were actually working there. (greeting customers, folding clothes, and working the dressing room).

Minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2011.

Application in person. Called about 3 weeks later for group interview. They ask a bunch of personality-type questions to everyone. There's no one-on-one time. Ask you to dress like how you would if you were to work there. Don't be shy and you'll get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to pick out an outfit from the store using 3 clothing items plus accessory.   View Answer
    Minimum wage. Not much to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2012.

Applied to an ad on Kijiji. Got a call the next day from the manager and was told to come in for an interview and bring 2 references. The interview lasted about 20 mins (maybe less). She asked super easy questions and was really friendly. Told me she'd call my references and get back to me by the end of the day if everything went well. Ended up calling in about 20 minutes to offer me the job.

Sales Associate/Cashieres Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2011.

Had a quick group interview. They're usually looking for outgoing & energetic people.

Interview Questions
    They called me the same day & asked if I would like the job. Great staff to work with, the management is good, but sometimes they don't take you seriously. Very hard to try to move up.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westlake, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2012.

I saw a job opening on the local mall website and immediately brought my resume in.
    When they called me for an interview, they told me to dress casual and how I would dress if I got the job...ie jeans. The interview went well then they scheduled me for a second interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you resolved a conflict with a co worker.   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

A new store opened in my area so I applied. It was a very basic group interview with me and 4 other people. As in any group interview it is important to speak up and stand out. Be the first person to answer each question and have confidence.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you made a mistake. What did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in December 2009.

Got an interview during the holiday season when there tends to be loads of people hired at once, so naturally my interview was a group interview. The whole ordeal probably lasted no more than ten minutes. The manager took us out of the store for the interview and went around asking each of us (there were three of us) questions about ourselves, our hobbies, school life, ect. Very basic ice breaker questions. After this she gave us a scenario that could occur in the store (everyone had a different scenario) and we just had to act out what we would do in that case. My scenario was what if a customer wants an item and their size is not available. I said that we could call and order the item in for them but my (future) manager was quick to correct me that we don't offer that type of service at Aero.

Anyways, even after my innocent mistake, I was hired right then and there!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer wants an item we don't currently have available?

This was difficult because every store is different and I didn't know how Aero functioned in this situation so I just answered from my knowledge of what other stores practice.
        View Answer
    This was my first job so I didn't feel like i was in a position to ask for more than minimum wage... Even if you have experience i would NOT expect more than 50 cents over minimum wage!