Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.1

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Internal hire, very easy process.

yes or no

Aero Ambassador Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

I walked in and filled out an application and was given a preliminary interview. I was then asked to come back and participate in a group interview where you answer a series of questions and asked to participate in a series of scenarios.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in March 2014.

I applied in person, and they set up a group interview for the next day. It was pretty relaxed, there were two other people there. The interviewer asked about five questions then took us back to the store. At the store, we had to create two outfits, one for girls and one for guys. We were also asked to replenish a section, which means like folding clothes and making it look presentable.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

went in person

Interview Questions
    • what's the one thing you would take with you in the case of a fire?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Employee had refereed me to her DM. DM had called and we spoke briefly. She had me meet her and her boss at a near by Starbucks. The boss asked most of the questions. They were dressed very casual. I was way too overdressed.

Associate Merchandise Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2012.

Initial phone interview with HR was very casual just to gather basic information, screening candidates to see if their current experience qualifies them for the position they are applying for, what type of salary they expect, and why they want to leave their current company.
    In person interview was very easy going, typical questions to discuss job functions and assess planning skills. Ex: "How would you plan a selldown, what metrics do you look at to evaluate performance?"

Interview Questions
    Phone call from director with the offer. Any negotiations went through HR

Merch Flow Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2012.

I walked in and ask for an application. I filled out and turned it back in within a few minutes. I was called back a few days after for a group interview. So easy! All you do is fill out paperwork and watch videos

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was when was the last time I got in trouble and why.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in February 2010.

Talk about training and development. Making money!

gave me what i wanted

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Augustine, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Augustine, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in December 2010.

I walked in looking like a ninja- dressed in all black - completely fed up with my hostess job across the street. I asked for an application and was asked to complete it right then and there, so I did. I made small talk with the manager and ended up having an on-the-spot interview even though I smelled like Chinese food. I was asked to come in for a scheduling meeting and that was that!

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. Everything was very straightforward. I had prior customer service experience, so I was pretty much "in".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

The interview was very straightforward. It was a group interview, and the managers asked very simple questions about what we would do in certain situations or our previous experience working as part of a team, and we would go around the circle answering the questions. I wasn't told it was a group interview before hand, but it wasn't difficult.