Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Got called in for a group interview. I'M glad I didn't get accepted an offer because they expect you to be some fashionista. One part of the interview was to go pick out an outfit from the store that you'd wear to a BBQ and you have to explain why you'd wear it. Then, they asked you to try to sell them the outfit you are wearing by creating a sales pitch.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Got an application for a seasonal position and turned it in a few days after retrieving the application. I gave the application to the cashier and walked out then she called me back and did a quick interview on the spot. Then she told me to come back a few days later since there will be a group interview. She told me to dress in what I thought was Aeropostale style which was wearing articles of clothing from aeropostale.

Merchandise Flow Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I applied online and brought my resume in person, it took about a month for me to get a call for an interview. It was a group interview... the questions where very simple, personality questions for the most part. it seem like we all were hired! The manager tone and choice of words made it seem like we were hired on the spot. However, I was never called. It was rumored that the particular location in Times Square only hires white perky girls for the sales floor... unfortunately I'm started to believe it. As the only people who was asked to stay after the group interview were indeed white females... Anyway, great company! Better luck next time, I guess....

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Found me at my college campus. Called for an interview. Told me to wear a fitted tshirt and jeans for the day of the interview. The interview was a group one which was fine but it didn't feel personalized. Most of us were immediately hired and shown around. The managers were very nice and helpful

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY).

Interview

Worked with internal hr recruiter. Found through LinkedIn. Spoke with many people from several different teams to see where I would be the best fit. Constantly followed up and and heard within 1.5 weeks of my initial interview. Process moved quickly.

Interview Questions

• Have you Been to the stores lately? what did you like?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Knowing someone who works for this company is best. Interview set up was easy. Very casual and comfortable. We sat down and had a real conversation before initial interview which made it very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What struggles do you face as a manager and why? Where do you see yourself in ten years / in retail?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Boise, ID) in December 2014.

Interview

I knew the assistant manager. I walked in and talked to her about getting an application. I filled it out in the store and she reviewed it and told me my interview was the next Monday at 5. That following Monday I showed up thirty minutes early ended up getting my interview at 5:15. The questions were the basic ones, your qualities and why you want to work there. Where I shop and why, where I get my style from, and the basic tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation you have been in and what are the steps you took to subside it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I am sixteen, so minimum wage is what I accepted. Also my first job, so I was just grateful.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Orlando, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a lucky experience where I walked in the day before their scheduled orientation and got invited on the spot. So no real interview for me. However, now that I've been working with them a bit and nearing the point of management here's some tips to the system. One: Dress like the mannequins. Look at the styling for that season and dress accordingly. Don't worry about your looks, this isn't a modeling agency but come looking as if you have an idea about what fashion is and are attempting to represent the brand as if you worked there. Two: Smile, be happy and energetic, and also engage the manager on staff. Ask them how they're doing, make brief chit chat about anything and then get to your point. This shows us that you know how to engage people and break that gap between you and the costumer. Three: Always come back two to three days after the submission of your application to give the manager two letters of recommendation. This tells the managers you're dedicated and check up on prior engagements. This also bumps your application back to the top of the stack. If you focus on these three things you will be seen as a prime candidate. So good luck! :) Notes: In response to some of the other interview experiences, stores like the Florida Mall location only hire individuals for one day shifts. As it is a higher volume store and they experience high traffic, they never keep associates scheduled for more than one day as they consider it to be to taxing other wise. Which it is. Managers are the only except and barely that. If you're looking for more regular hours consult the smaller stores. However if you do get into the Florida Mall location, it is a great place to receive training and good costumer one on one experience which you can use to transfer to a smaller store. As for management, I haven't experience any issues. I am friends with my district manager, I became good friends with my previous store manager, and I will make friends with my soon to be new manager. For those having complications with theirs or might have future complications. All I can say to you is focus on improving your skill set, that is what will allow you to navigate between store environments. If you find issues in one, and your skill set is malleable transferring is not out of the question.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you handle a possible shop lifter?   1 Answer
    • Q: How do you respond to team based challenges and scenarios?   1 Answer

Role Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Troy, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied and had an interview on the spot about my past work experience. Very casual in middle of store. He just looked at my application and told me about what i have to do when i come back the next day for orientation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I printed out an application and applied at the store, I didn't speak to the manager but I talked to a nice sales associate and he told me that they were always looking for new people to hire especially since it was close to the holiday season. All he seemed to want to know about was my availability. I got a call from the hiring manager exactly a week later asking if I was available for an interview the following day in front of the store. She said to dress what I think would be professional but fashion forward and how I would dress for a day of work at Aeropostale. I arrived 30 min early and was the first one there. It was a group interview with two other girls. I answered the questions pretty well and most of the time before the other two girls. She said she would call us back if she was interest in us within the next week.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite celebrity?   Answer Question
    • Who or what inspires your style? (Celebrity and/or social media )   Answer Question
    • What do would you say to someone that looking around the store to get them to consider buying or at least trying something on?   Answer Question