Aéropostale

Getting the Interview

145 candidate interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was a group interview conducted during the winter holiday season. We went around in a circle and introduced ourselves and stated on trend that we though would be making a come back.

Interview Question – As for any interview, the most difficult question was "Tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called for an interview some time later. I had heard good things about Aero, so I decided to look into it. I interviewed with the DM and then the Regional , both were face to face. I felt very comfortable and had a good feeling. After a few days, an offer was made and I asked for more money. I did get more, but not the full amount. I gave a start date and have been there since.

Interview Question – How do you motivate people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just a few back and forth phone calls. If you play too many cards, you will lose.

Sunrise, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was recruited while shopping in the mall by one of the managers and was told to come to a group interview the following week. There were about 12 other people at the group interviews and it was conducted by two managers (male and female) who were pretty laid back and fun. We all sat in a circle and they went over what the company stands for and the type of people they're looking for. They asked about 10 fairly easy questions and then they said they'd call within a few days if we got the position.

Interview Question – Who is your role model and why?
Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond what was expected of you?
What is good customer service?
  View Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Columbus, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2012.

Interview Details – 1) Ask for application at desk.
2) Fill out said application.
3) Return completed application.
4) "We have a group interview session scheduled for __________ at ________pm. Do you think you could attend?" --Employee/Hiring Manager asked
5) Respond yes or no. If you cannot, fingers crossed you get another opportunity, or rearrange your schedule to fit the interview.
6) Attend interview. Three or four people show up, and you answer a couple of hypothetical questions and questions about work ethic. Answer to impress but be truthful.
7)Interview ends. Shake hands with the hiring manager.
8) The hiring manager takes a group picture of the potential employees to send to the district manager to ensure that these are the types of people the company wants as representatives.
9) Call back. The hiring manager gives you a call and tells you that you've gotten the job. He tells you the orientation date and time.
10) Orientation: Fill out paperwork packet and review dress code and behavior policy
11) Holiday Meeting: Watch a video about what to expect as daily tasks.
12) Receive Dayforce information (to check your working schedule)
13) Arrive when you are scheduled.

Interview Question – "What would you say or do if one of your friends came into the store and wanted to use your employee discount?"   View Answer

Hickory, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2008.

Interview Details – I walked into the store and handed them my resume. About two days later they called me in for the interview. Since I had experience working in Burger King they viewed me as a preferred candidate. They asked me basic questions about the hours I could work and how to resolve conflict. They also asked me about previous work and why I left. It wasn't stressful situation it was more relaxed and open.

Interview Question – All the questions were basic and I was never blindsided.   View Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2009.

Interview Details – I applied during a job fair before the store was open. They had a quick back and forth there, which I didn't know was an interview. But I got called back for a second interview with the store manager and a store manager from another Aeropostale. After a half-an-hour interview, with situational and general questions, I was hired!

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – Got called for an interview, when i came in realized it was a group interview with two other people. The questions they asked where fairly easy, just simple questions.

Interview Question – Why do you think your good for this job?   View Answer

Santa Rosa, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied in person quite a few months before I was called for an interview for a seasonal position; the interview was set up for the following week or so. I was told to dress "Aero cool" which, for any prospective Aero employees, basically means to wear as much Aero clothing as you can--I just wore an Aero shirt and was fine, as did another girl, and we were both hired. The girl who didn't wear any Aero, but had a rather impressive resume was not hired. It's very important to this company to represent the brand in a cool and trendy way, whether or not you have the experience. Be sure to smile and talk in a cheerful way, and act totally comfortable!

During the first part of the interview, the manager read to us all about the Aero company, what it stands for, yada ya. It's easy to get lost, but try not to. She asked us questions later about like, what break away statement would you use? (You need to know what she means by break away, which she explained earlier).

The second part of the interview was where the manager questioned us, and they were typical interview questions.

The third part of the interview was a skills test, where we had to greet the manager as she pretended to walk into the store as a busy mom who was shopping for her daughter, and then as a teenager who is shopping for herself (role-playing). During this part it is very important that you speak loudly and clearly, that you smile, and that you seem totally into the Aero brand. Be sure to throw in a "Welcome to Aeropostale!" And you're golden.

A few days later I was called and offered a job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Aeropostale?   View Answer

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in May 2012.

Interview Details – I did an interview with 2 other people. It was very uncomfortable due to the extra people. I came prepared for a one on one job interview as in me and the interviewer. I adapted and then she asked a few questions such as: '' If you had to switch your schedule with a friend because you wanted to leave work, would you do that''? We all answered ''no''. And she said ''very good''. Then we answered a few more questions and then we walked to the store to practice greeting an employee. I went second and acted as if I was folding clothes and answered the employee with complete respect and honesty. I was called three days later with a job offer and I accepted. I showed up to the orientation and one person out of the two got hired as well.

Interview Questions

• Would you switch shifts with a friend?   View Answer
  • What are three aspects that you could bring to our company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a 5 day/ 5 hour work schedule. It was relatively easy and fun. The pay was $7.25, and it couldnt be changed. Pay is every 2 weeks. Good Luck.

ASM Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2010.

Interview Details – I spoke with my district manager about the position. The next day I had a phone interview with the Regional Manager. It was more difficult over the phone because I was unable to see facial expressions but the interview went well. I received an offer two days later.

Interview Question – What do your associates consider your most valuable trait?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate unfortunately. I was unfortunately not prepared in the asking price. My advice is to have a strong number that if you have to lower it by a few thousand it will still be better than their initial offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aéropostale