Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.0

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview some time later. I had heard good things about Aero, so I decided to look into it. I interviewed with the DM and then the Regional , both were face to face. I felt very comfortable and had a good feeling. After a few days, an offer was made and I asked for more money. I did get more, but not the full amount. I gave a start date and have been there since.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just a few back and forth phone calls. If you play too many cards, you will lose.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2009.

Interview

Interview process with District Manager was very smooth and inviting. Had the opportunity to ask any and all questions to fully understand the expectations of the position. Second portion was meeting with Regional manager which was went smooth although that interviewer didn't seem comfortable with the one on one interaction.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you would change if you started this position immediately?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was very smooth. Was asked what I would require for the position and was given what I asked for.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)) in November 2009.

Interview

I applied during a job fair before the store was open. They had a quick back and forth there, which I didn't know was an interview. But I got called back for a second interview with the store manager and a store manager from another Aeropostale. After a half-an-hour interview, with situational and general questions, I was hired!

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Columbus, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

1) Ask for application at desk. 2) Fill out said application. 3) Return completed application. 4) "We have a group interview session scheduled for __________ at ________pm. Do you think you could attend?" --Employee/Hiring Manager asked 5) Respond yes or no. If you cannot, fingers crossed you get another opportunity, or rearrange your schedule to fit the interview. 6) Attend interview. Three or four people show up, and you answer a couple of hypothetical questions and questions about work ethic. Answer to impress but be truthful. 7)Interview ends. Shake hands with the hiring manager. 8) The hiring manager takes a group picture of the potential employees to send to the district manager to ensure that these are the types of people the company wants as representatives. 9) Call back. The hiring manager gives you a call and tells you that you've gotten the job. He tells you the orientation date and time. 10) Orientation: Fill out paperwork packet and review dress code and behavior policy 11) Holiday Meeting: Watch a video about what to expect as daily tasks. 12) Receive Dayforce information (to check your working schedule) 13) Arrive when you are scheduled.

Interview Questions

• "What would you say or do if one of your friends came into the store and wanted to use your employee discount?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Santa Rosa, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied in person quite a few months before I was called for an interview for a seasonal position; the interview was set up for the following week or so. I was told to dress "Aero cool" which, for any prospective Aero employees, basically means to wear as much Aero clothing as you can--I just wore an Aero shirt and was fine, as did another girl, and we were both hired. The girl who didn't wear any Aero, but had a rather impressive resume was not hired. It's very important to this company to represent the brand in a cool and trendy way, whether or not you have the experience. Be sure to smile and talk in a cheerful way, and act totally comfortable! During the first part of the interview, the manager read to us all about the Aero company, what it stands for, yada ya. It's easy to get lost, but try not to. She asked us questions later about like, what break away statement would you use? (You need to know what she means by break away, which she explained earlier). The second part of the interview was where the manager questioned us, and they were typical interview questions. The third part of the interview was a skills test, where we had to greet the manager as she pretended to walk into the store as a busy mom who was shopping for her daughter, and then as a teenager who is shopping for herself (role-playing). During this part it is very important that you speak loudly and clearly, that you smile, and that you seem totally into the Aero brand. Be sure to throw in a "Welcome to Aeropostale!" And you're golden. A few days later I was called and offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Aeropostale?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2012.

Interview

I did an interview with 2 other people. It was very uncomfortable due to the extra people. I came prepared for a one on one job interview as in me and the interviewer. I adapted and then she asked a few questions such as: '' If you had to switch your schedule with a friend because you wanted to leave work, would you do that''? We all answered ''no''. And she said ''very good''. Then we answered a few more questions and then we walked to the store to practice greeting an employee. I went second and acted as if I was folding clothes and answered the employee with complete respect and honesty. I was called three days later with a job offer and I accepted. I showed up to the orientation and one person out of the two got hired as well.

Interview Questions

• Would you switch shifts with a friend?   1 Answer
    • What are three aspects that you could bring to our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a 5 day/ 5 hour work schedule. It was relatively easy and fun. The pay was $7.25, and it couldnt be changed. Pay is every 2 weeks. Good Luck.

Part-Time Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peabody, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Peabody, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was looking for a summer job, perusing the mall, collecting applications from various stores, and Aeropostale just happened to be on of the stores. I took them all home and filled them out. I returned them and Aero told me I'd hear back within a few months, because it wasn't hiring season for summer yet (understandable). I got a call from them 1-2 months later, asking if I could come in for an interview. I arrived at the store about 5 minutes early, and was asked to fill out a few forms (standard procedure). After I filled in my forms and passed them in, I was asked to wait for the rest of the people to show up. It ended up begin another 10 minutes waiting. One of the managers that deals with hiring finally came and brought us out to one of the seating areas. We talked about what made a good employee, good experiences, bad experiences, what some of our extracurricular were. We passed around the 'style guide' and dress code, which was fair. Then we went back into the store, and she had us choose an outfit (this was my favorite part) and try to 'sell it' to the employees who were working at the time. We were asked our availability and were told that we would be called within a few business days. I heard back from them by phone (voicemail because I was in school when they had called) and was offered a job and accepted it! BI was asked to come in to 'orientation' which is just more paper work. They made me come back so many times! 1) Orientation/Initial Paper work 2) Application for Work Permit 3) Actual Work Permit 4) School Schedule/Calendar 5) Copies of Two Forms of ID They are unorganized about which paper work you need.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most positive experiences you've had with retail/while shopping?   1 Answer
    • What was one of the most negative experiences you've had with retail/while shopping?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Considering I'm a high school student, no negotiation about the $8/hr minimum wage. Before you consider working here, make sure you know ahead of time that the managers will be on you from Day 1 about your schedule. So far, my first day was Saturday, and they told me I was scheduled to work Sunday and Monday as well, except they hadn't told me that before! They told me it wasn't their job to tell me when I was working, because it's up on the website (which they said they would explain later) and that if I needed to request off, I needed to tell them 2 weeks in advance. Also, they don't have a regular schedule system. The days you work vary 24/7.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

It was a group interview involving myself and three others. The manager at the time, April, said we were the first group/interactive interview she was trying and to bear with her. She asked us pretty basic questions about why we wanted/needed a job, our accomplishments in school and our goals in life. Our whole interview was conducted on the sales floor during operating hours so it was a bit nerve-wracking but it all went okay. We role played with each other taking turns playing customer and employee and then she tested us by telling us to pick any folded item in the store and then refolding it exactly how it was before. I found that by being in a group interview, I often spoke up, answered questions first, and volunteered for everything which may have come off as obnoxious to the others but the manager loved it and in the end we were all hired on the spot, granted I was the only one still working there from my group after only a few short weeks.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Just questions about ourselves that even if you weren't positive on how to answer, you could just make something up.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was nothing to be negotiated. After the interview we were all hired on the spot, told we would receive minimum wage, and that the our we received were all based on how well we worked and if we deserved them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Cleveland, OH) in November 2009.

Interview

Quick and Easy had a group interview with around 7 other applicants then the manager had us pick out an outfit and try to sell her the outfit.

Interview Questions

• Pick out three articles from the store and sell them to me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Valencia, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied in store, they called me in for a group interview about 2 weeks later, and 2 weeks after the group interview they hired me. They held 3 group interviews in total, with about 7 or 8 people at each one. It was a good experience for a first job.