Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied through walk in because I saw the job offer on my mall's website. Manager called me after few days and asked me if I wanna come to group interview - I said "yes" of course. We had interview with the stockroom manager and assistant manager. Each of them had their own questions. Ex. Tell us a little bit about yourself - don't underestimate this question! It's the first question and most important - you can just google this and do some reading about it. i spend 1,5h for this interview and got questions like what encourage you to develop your personal style, question about the biggest challenge you met and what did you do with it, how would you greet customer going in to the store etc

Interview Questions

• Which of both is more efficient with additional sale - fitting room situation or helping customer on the sales floor and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

It was a group interview involving myself and three others. The manager at the time, April, said we were the first group/interactive interview she was trying and to bear with her. She asked us pretty basic questions about why we wanted/needed a job, our accomplishments in school and our goals in life. Our whole interview was conducted on the sales floor during operating hours so it was a bit nerve-wracking but it all went okay. We role played with each other taking turns playing customer and employee and then she tested us by telling us to pick any folded item in the store and then refolding it exactly how it was before. I found that by being in a group interview, I often spoke up, answered questions first, and volunteered for everything which may have come off as obnoxious to the others but the manager loved it and in the end we were all hired on the spot, granted I was the only one still working there from my group after only a few short weeks.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Just questions about ourselves that even if you weren't positive on how to answer, you could just make something up.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was nothing to be negotiated. After the interview we were all hired on the spot, told we would receive minimum wage, and that the our we received were all based on how well we worked and if we deserved them.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in February 2010.

Interview

Talk about training and development. Making money!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

gave me what i wanted

Associate Merchandise Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR was very casual just to gather basic information, screening candidates to see if their current experience qualifies them for the position they are applying for, what type of salary they expect, and why they want to leave their current company.
    In person interview was very easy going, typical questions to discuss job functions and assess planning skills. Ex: "How would you plan a selldown, what metrics do you look at to evaluate performance?"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Phone call from director with the offer. Any negotiations went through HR

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Employee had refereed me to her DM. DM had called and we spoke briefly. She had me meet her and her boss at a near by Starbucks. The boss asked most of the questions. They were dressed very casual. I was way too overdressed.

Merch Flow Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I got a text saying i was hired after having the group interview, told me my position and pay which was $8 an hour, very descriptive as well

Design Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

asked basic interview questions and got back after 2 weeks,

Interview Questions

• a recent mishap you had to fix, and how did u go about it   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale (Santa Rosa, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied in person quite a few months before I was called for an interview for a seasonal position; the interview was set up for the following week or so. I was told to dress "Aero cool" which, for any prospective Aero employees, basically means to wear as much Aero clothing as you can--I just wore an Aero shirt and was fine, as did another girl, and we were both hired. The girl who didn't wear any Aero, but had a rather impressive resume was not hired. It's very important to this company to represent the brand in a cool and trendy way, whether or not you have the experience. Be sure to smile and talk in a cheerful way, and act totally comfortable!

During the first part of the interview, the manager read to us all about the Aero company, what it stands for, yada ya. It's easy to get lost, but try not to. She asked us questions later about like, what break away statement would you use? (You need to know what she means by break away, which she explained earlier).

The second part of the interview was where the manager questioned us, and they were typical interview questions.

The third part of the interview was a skills test, where we had to greet the manager as she pretended to walk into the store as a busy mom who was shopping for her daughter, and then as a teenager who is shopping for herself (role-playing). During this part it is very important that you speak loudly and clearly, that you smile, and that you seem totally into the Aero brand. Be sure to throw in a "Welcome to Aeropostale!" And you're golden.

A few days later I was called and offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Aeropostale?   1 Answer

ASM Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in September 2010.

Interview

I spoke with my district manager about the position. The next day I had a phone interview with the Regional Manager. It was more difficult over the phone because I was unable to see facial expressions but the interview went well. I received an offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• What do your associates consider your most valuable trait?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate unfortunately. I was unfortunately not prepared in the asking price. My advice is to have a strong number that if you have to lower it by a few thousand it will still be better than their initial offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale (Valencia, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied in store, they called me in for a group interview about 2 weeks later, and 2 weeks after the group interview they hired me. They held 3 group interviews in total, with about 7 or 8 people at each one. It was a good experience for a first job.