Aéropostale

Updated Aug 17, 2014

Average Difficulty
168 candidate interviews

Langley, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2010.

Interview Details – 1 interview. Casual. To the point , about 20 minutes. Was told to wear jeans and dress like you already worked there. Discussed my resume and previous employers.

Interview Question – Name something you struggle with   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate
Didn't know what I made until first pay day, a little awkward not knowing

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was applying to stores around the mall and I just happened to walk into P.S. knowing it was owned by Aeropostale. When I walked in I was the only costumer and the employees seemed to know right away that I was coming in for an application. The two girls working were very nice and handed it to me. I came back about an hour later after completing the application and brought it back to the two girls. Right away they scheduled me for an interview for two weeks later and handed me a 20% off Aero coupon and told me to come dressed like I would for the first day of work, in all Aeropostale apparel. About a week later I received a call asking if I could reschedule the interview for another two weeks. I was fine with that but it also made me apply for other jobs as well. I was not told it was a group interview but I assumed from other reviews from Aero. I arrived 15 minutes before and was the first person. I was told we were waiting for a few others and to look around. A guy and two more girls had came and we started the interview. The manager was extremely nice and made everyone feel comfortable. We were not asked any questions during this interview, we just talked about ourselves to start off. We each took turns greeting an employee acting as a costumer. They are looking for open questions such as "what brings you in here today?" and "Are you shopping for a boy or a girl?" Questions which cannot be answered with a yes or a no. After that we went to the fitting rooms and showed how we would deal with situations and treat the customers and what to bring them while they are trying the clothes on. The last step we did was go into the stock room and were shown everything back there. She dismissed us and told us if they want to extend the other they'd call us within a week. I was offered the job but denied because you only get 0-5 hours a week before Christmas time and it was also 25 minutes away from my house so I took an offer from a closer store. Overall it was a great interview and it was very fun! I would have taken the offer if there were more hours and if it were closer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at P.S.?   View Answer

South Jordan, UT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – I called the store to see if they were hiring and they told me to come in and get an application in the store. Moments after picking it up a manager asked me if I could join a group interview the following Monday at 3. I said yes and asked if I should bring a resume, and he said just 2 recommendations with the application! so I went in about 255 on Monday with both in hand and there were three other applicants. Once we all got together we sat in a sitting area in the mall, he asked us our names, what school, grade we are. I was the only one over 18. and our favorite band. it was obvious right then that this job isn't meant for full time, it's perfect for high school students; mainly because the employer mentioned that some people work once a month. so we finished the interview with greeting, questions, an picking one outfit that represented our style.

Interview Question – no real questions, just more for fun.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in December 2009.

Interview Details – Got an interview during the holiday season when there tends to be loads of people hired at once, so naturally my interview was a group interview. The whole ordeal probably lasted no more than ten minutes. The manager took us out of the store for the interview and went around asking each of us (there were three of us) questions about ourselves, our hobbies, school life, ect. Very basic ice breaker questions. After this she gave us a scenario that could occur in the store (everyone had a different scenario) and we just had to act out what we would do in that case. My scenario was what if a customer wants an item and their size is not available. I said that we could call and order the item in for them but my (future) manager was quick to correct me that we don't offer that type of service at Aero.

Anyways, even after my innocent mistake, I was hired right then and there!

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer wants an item we don't currently have available?

This was difficult because every store is different and I didn't know how Aero functioned in this situation so I just answered from my knowledge of what other stores practice.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – This was my first job so I didn't feel like i was in a position to ask for more than minimum wage... Even if you have experience i would NOT expect more than 50 cents over minimum wage!

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – I walked in to apply and turned it in 5 minutes later. I got called for a group interview about 3 weeks later. When I showed up there weren't any questions asked. The manager told us that if we were there, we were already hired and we started filling out the paper work.

Interview Question – No questions were asked.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied in the store and turned in the application on the spot, the manager told me the next group interview date (was a few days after I applied) and I showed up. There were about 30-40 people applying at once. (Seasonal employment/Winter time)

Interview Question – There were really not any questions being asked more like they were just talking about the company and what we will be expected to do if we get hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was called and told what day I should go in and time, I showed up talked to the manager and she took my ssn and id and i'm not sure if it was also my birth certificate and then she asked me how much I made at my previous job, and she added .25 cents to my hourly salary. Asked me if I was ok with that and I agreed, and then I began to work.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Westlake, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2012.

Interview Details – I saw a job opening on the local mall website and immediately brought my resume in.
When they called me for an interview, they told me to dress casual and how I would dress if I got the job...ie jeans. The interview went well then they scheduled me for a second interview with the district manager.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you resolved a conflict with a co worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation.

Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2013.

Interview Details – During the interview I was asked why I wanted to work their and my age. After that she just went over a lot of information then we had to act as if we were actually working there. (greeting customers, folding clothes, and working the dressing room).

Interview Question – None because I was only asked two questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage.

Interviewed at Aéropostale

Interview Details – A new store opened in my area so I applied. It was a very basic group interview with me and 4 other people. As in any group interview it is important to speak up and stand out. Be the first person to answer each question and have confidence.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you made a mistake. What did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashieres Interview

Sales Associate/Cashieres

I applied in-person - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2011.

Interview Details – Had a quick group interview. They're usually looking for outgoing & energetic people.

Interview Question – Who has inspired you the most?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They called me the same day & asked if I would like the job. Great staff to work with, the management is good, but sometimes they don't take you seriously. Very hard to try to move up.