Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.1

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Internal hire, very easy process.

yes or no

Merch Flow Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2012.

I walked in and ask for an application. I filled out and turned it back in within a few minutes. I was called back a few days after for a group interview. So easy! All you do is fill out paperwork and watch videos

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was when was the last time I got in trouble and why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

The interview was very straightforward. It was a group interview, and the managers asked very simple questions about what we would do in certain situations or our previous experience working as part of a team, and we would go around the circle answering the questions. I wasn't told it was a group interview before hand, but it wasn't difficult.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Langley, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langley, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2010.

1 interview. Casual. To the point , about 20 minutes. Was told to wear jeans and dress like you already worked there. Discussed my resume and previous employers.

Did not negotiate
    Didn't know what I made until first pay day, a little awkward not knowing

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

I was applying to stores around the mall and I just happened to walk into P.S. knowing it was owned by Aeropostale. When I walked in I was the only costumer and the employees seemed to know right away that I was coming in for an application. The two girls working were very nice and handed it to me. I came back about an hour later after completing the application and brought it back to the two girls. Right away they scheduled me for an interview for two weeks later and handed me a 20% off Aero coupon and told me to come dressed like I would for the first day of work, in all Aeropostale apparel. About a week later I received a call asking if I could reschedule the interview for another two weeks. I was fine with that but it also made me apply for other jobs as well. I was not told it was a group interview but I assumed from other reviews from Aero. I arrived 15 minutes before and was the first person. I was told we were waiting for a few others and to look around. A guy and two more girls had came and we started the interview. The manager was extremely nice and made everyone feel comfortable. We were not asked any questions during this interview, we just talked about ourselves to start off. We each took turns greeting an employee acting as a costumer. They are looking for open questions such as "what brings you in here today?" and "Are you shopping for a boy or a girl?" Questions which cannot be answered with a yes or a no. After that we went to the fitting rooms and showed how we would deal with situations and treat the customers and what to bring them while they are trying the clothes on. The last step we did was go into the stock room and were shown everything back there. She dismissed us and told us if they want to extend the other they'd call us within a week. I was offered the job but denied because you only get 0-5 hours a week before Christmas time and it was also 25 minutes away from my house so I took an offer from a closer store. Overall it was a great interview and it was very fun! I would have taken the offer if there were more hours and if it were closer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Jordan, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

I called the store to see if they were hiring and they told me to come in and get an application in the store. Moments after picking it up a manager asked me if I could join a group interview the following Monday at 3. I said yes and asked if I should bring a resume, and he said just 2 recommendations with the application! so I went in about 255 on Monday with both in hand and there were three other applicants. Once we all got together we sat in a sitting area in the mall, he asked us our names, what school, grade we are. I was the only one over 18. and our favorite band. it was obvious right then that this job isn't meant for full time, it's perfect for high school students; mainly because the employer mentioned that some people work once a month. so we finished the interview with greeting, questions, an picking one outfit that represented our style.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in December 2009.

Got an interview during the holiday season when there tends to be loads of people hired at once, so naturally my interview was a group interview. The whole ordeal probably lasted no more than ten minutes. The manager took us out of the store for the interview and went around asking each of us (there were three of us) questions about ourselves, our hobbies, school life, ect. Very basic ice breaker questions. After this she gave us a scenario that could occur in the store (everyone had a different scenario) and we just had to act out what we would do in that case. My scenario was what if a customer wants an item and their size is not available. I said that we could call and order the item in for them but my (future) manager was quick to correct me that we don't offer that type of service at Aero.

Anyways, even after my innocent mistake, I was hired right then and there!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer wants an item we don't currently have available?

This was difficult because every store is different and I didn't know how Aero functioned in this situation so I just answered from my knowledge of what other stores practice.
        View Answer
    This was my first job so I didn't feel like i was in a position to ask for more than minimum wage... Even if you have experience i would NOT expect more than 50 cents over minimum wage!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

I walked in to apply and turned it in 5 minutes later. I got called for a group interview about 3 weeks later. When I showed up there weren't any questions asked. The manager told us that if we were there, we were already hired and we started filling out the paper work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2011.

I applied in the store and turned in the application on the spot, the manager told me the next group interview date (was a few days after I applied) and I showed up. There were about 30-40 people applying at once. (Seasonal employment/Winter time)

Interview Questions
    • There were really not any questions being asked more like they were just talking about the company and what we will be expected to do if we get hired.   Answer Question
    I was called and told what day I should go in and time, I showed up talked to the manager and she took my ssn and id and i'm not sure if it was also my birth certificate and then she asked me how much I made at my previous job, and she added .25 cents to my hourly salary. Asked me if I was ok with that and I agreed, and then I began to work.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westlake, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2012.

I saw a job opening on the local mall website and immediately brought my resume in.
    When they called me for an interview, they told me to dress casual and how I would dress if I got the job...ie jeans. The interview went well then they scheduled me for a second interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you resolved a conflict with a co worker.   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiation.