Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.0

Aero Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in September 2014.

Interview

My interview was fun and relaxed, the manager seemed friendly and open. I got the job immediately. Started working WEEKS after hired, which was odd. My first day, I received no instruction of what to do and never had a training day like other specific employees. I had to take initiative most of the time because the head manager was too busy sitting in the stock room eating. All she did was yell at targeted employees over the headset because they were doing their job, such as folding clothes, when no customers were around. I was shocked at the rude and unprofessional attitude at the head manager, the others in charge were far more responsible and courteous. I also got disciplined once because the head manager brought her young 13 year old daughter to work in my same position on black friday. She moved me because I wasn't doing anything, when I actually tried to talk and greet the customers but her daughter happened to be in their face each time. I shouldn't have to compete for my job position with a non-employee. Overall, I did not receive notice of when I was terminated and received no reason as to why I was. I feel bad for aeropostale and their company's choice in management.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question; The interview was more childish than anything and I felt as if I was being interviewed at giggles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I chose my hours, which was common. I picked every day of the week, and picked reasonable hours because I'm in high school. I showed improvement over time, just as the other managers said consistently, but gained no more than one shift a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview, probably about 5 or 6 people in the group. The store manager just asked questions about our personal style, If we had any social networks and style Icons we looked up to. Stuff like that

Interview Questions

• What's a go to outfit for you (or a go to outfit in general)?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in September 2014.

Interview

Before the interview, make you sure you research who Aero uses for their ambassadors. This changes from year to year. Come to the interview very styled in current fashion trends, business attire isn't acceptable.

Interview Questions

• Before the interview, visit an Aero store near you. You want to be able to talk about the shopping experience and compare it to their competition. Plus be knowledgeable about coaching and your leadership style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Trying to negotiate for more money.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in September 2014.

Interview

First had an interview with a store manager specialist. She as one on one question and then we went on an interactive walk through the mall. After that I had an interview with the district manager which was about the same thing

Interview Questions

• How would you approach an employee who was out of dress code   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 7 other people, everyone was high school aged. They asked 1 question and each person had to go around in a circle and answer the question. So if you're the last person, someone could easily say the answer you were planning on saying. It was pretty easy going, I think they were just trying to scope out if you could get along well with other people and that you have a good personality.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

They made me jump through hoops just to get an interview. I had to recruit 12 people to go to the upcoming even and even after that and promising me an interview the following Monday they didn't call to schedule the interview until I called them. Then they scheduled the interview a month later and during the interview told me that they had just hired a bunch of new people with in the month so they weren't hiring.

The interview itself was decent. They asked me a lot of questions like like the norm (ways to describe yourself, greatest weakness, what is customer service- good and bad). But also a few caught me off guard.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Typical retail hiring. District manager was not very good. Regional manager was great. They expected me to know what was the trend in the fashion at that time. I was not into fashion so I couldn't tell them. They expected me to know what volume the store was making and I had no clue.

Interview Questions

• Asked about trends in Aeropostale sales and what I was going to do to help them succeed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered $29,000. I countered with $31,000. Settled on $30,000

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

There are 2 interviews- one with the store manager and one with the district manager. Definitely wear walking shoes, as it is not your typical interview. You are asked to point out improvements to other stores display windows (they need to clean the windows, tuck the tags, they have a display light, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where the visual direction did not fit your store and you had to make changes.   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you make a connection with your customers   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because it was already a significant raise from my job at the time.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2014.

Interview

I went into aero one day to see if they were hiring and the lady asked how old I was and I said "16" and she said yeah here's an application but first I'm going to let you read the policy of how you're supposed to dress if you were to work here. So I agreed and then I turned in my application about a week later and so happened I turned it to the manager and then she asked me some questions like "what are some words your friends would describe you?" "Any extracurricular activities?" Etc and she said I'd have a group interview in 2 weeks. And to bring 2 letters of recommendation. So now I'm waiting to go into my first interview (:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I met with the District Manager for one interview. We met at the mall and talked for about an hour, while she asked the usual work experience questions. It was a laid back interview in terms of the environment of where we met and that I didn't feel the need to wear a business suit, but the questions were serious like, "tell me about your retail experience, tell me about a time you had to reprimand someone, tell me about your strengths and weaknesses as a manager," etc. They also asked if I had any questions and they were informative with their answers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job? Why retail?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation to be done. I was offered what I was getting at my previous job, but salaries are based on which store you will be located at and how much experience you have.