Aéropostale

Getting the Interview

145 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

Interview Details – I dropped off an application and got a call about two weeks later

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

Interview Details – It was a group interview, in which they expect you to be very outgoing for the position. Each person answers different questions and they throw curve ball questions. It was a pretty informal interview, where everyone was wearing their clothes. That was unexpected, because I thought everyone was suppose to dress up.

Interview Question – Explain your best/worst customer service experience.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2013.

Interview Details – During the interview I was asked why I wanted to work their and my age. After that she just went over a lot of information then we had to act as if we were actually working there. (greeting customers, folding clothes, and working the dressing room).

Interview Question – None because I was only asked two questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in May 2012.

Interview Details – I worked at the store in high school, I decided to pursue retail management after school so I contacted my former district manager to refer me to the district manager in my area. I was then contacted by this DM and we had a quick phone interview, then I was invited for a in person interview with the DM. Because this is one of the company's high potential stores with past staffing issues, I had a second interview with the Regional Manager. I was then called by the DM with an offer. Total process took less than 2 weeks from original phone interview.

Interview Question – This store has been struggling, what will you do to get the store to reach the potential we believe it has?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We discussed money in the second in person interview, I told them my anticipated salary they then gave me slightly more than that number.

Very Easy Interview

Westlake, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2012.

Interview Details – I saw a job opening on the local mall website and immediately brought my resume in.
When they called me for an interview, they told me to dress casual and how I would dress if I got the job...ie jeans. The interview went well then they scheduled me for a second interview with the district manager.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you resolved a conflict with a co worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation.

Aurora, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy, job app is short and interview is done ASAP, takes about 2 weeks after being hired to actually start work. Once one has the job, the person has training which is watch a painfully movie then take a quiz, as long as u pass u got the job

Interview Question – Ones about shrink which is known as stolen goods and money   View Answer

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in March 2012.

Interview Details – Was recruited from another company. Interviewed with Store Manager, District Manager, and Regional Manager.

Interview Question – Was asked Why at my previous employment, it seems as if the aesthetic and standard had changed recently and why I though it successful/ not successful.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer, negotiations, and acceptance were all done via phone. Simpler due to the fact the the DM is not based out of my current city and I maintained full time status with my previous employer throughout the negotiation.

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – Went well, was asked typical questions about the company considering this was an interviewfor a promotion

Interview Question – Was asked if I considered to be fashionable and can merchandise... after I answered, the DMIT (now the DM) laughed in my face in front of the SM and the current DM. Extremely uncomfortable and unprofessional.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The SM and the older DM loved me, so my promotion was not based on his shallow opinion of me. I was told I got the promotion, told the pay raise, and that was it

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was very easy. Needed two letters of recommendation and they were happy to train anyone.

Store Manager Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in April 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process with District Manager was very smooth and inviting. Had the opportunity to ask any and all questions to fully understand the expectations of the position. Second portion was meeting with Regional manager which was went smooth although that interviewer didn't seem comfortable with the one on one interaction.

Interview Question – What is the first thing you would change if you started this position immediately?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was very smooth. Was asked what I would require for the position and was given what I asked for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aéropostale