Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

It was a group interview, which I was very surprised about. But overall it was a relaxed interview. They did take a while to actually bring me up to the interviewing area, like they had forgotten about me. Hiring was pretty straight forward and they give you good training once you were hired.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't prepared to answer which celebrity I think was the Aéropostale style. But now I think I wouldn't have a problem with it.   Answer Question
    I

Sales Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in February 2012.

applied for the job online, was contacted within a week. Another week later, I was sitting in my interview with the S.M. of the store i worked at. She liked me and even said she wanted me for the position, but it still took another 2 weeks for a job offer, but at the time my DM didn't have her stuff together.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated on salary, make sure you factor in your commute and what it will cost you in the long run and make sure you're covered on what you need.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2010.

Spoke with a store manager and filled out the application in store. The next day I was contacted to come in for an interview. I was instructed to wear the clothing that I would wear to work that fit the look of their brand. I wore an aeropostale hoodie layered with a plaid button up, blue jeans, and a pair of chucks. The interview was very chill and was held with the store manager. We discussed what the position's outlook and answered some behavior based questions. Since I was studying Fashion in school, we discussed that a bit as well.

I came to the interview with a copy of my resume, two letters of recommendation, and my questions for the manager.

I was offered the job on the spot.
    Since I didn't have prior retail experience the most they could offer me was $7.50.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2012.

It was a group interview involving myself and three others. The manager at the time, April, said we were the first group/interactive interview she was trying and to bear with her. She asked us pretty basic questions about why we wanted/needed a job, our accomplishments in school and our goals in life. Our whole interview was conducted on the sales floor during operating hours so it was a bit nerve-wracking but it all went okay. We role played with each other taking turns playing customer and employee and then she tested us by telling us to pick any folded item in the store and then refolding it exactly how it was before. I found that by being in a group interview, I often spoke up, answered questions first, and volunteered for everything which may have come off as obnoxious to the others but the manager loved it and in the end we were all hired on the spot, granted I was the only one still working there from my group after only a few short weeks.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Just questions about ourselves that even if you weren't positive on how to answer, you could just make something up.   Answer Question
    There was nothing to be negotiated. After the interview we were all hired on the spot, told we would receive minimum wage, and that the our we received were all based on how well we worked and if we deserved them.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

I was literally hired the day of my interview and rushed into training. The interviewing DM asked questions for about 10 minutes and then said something to effect of "Well, we need someone ASAP and you're it." That should have been a warning signal.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were incredibly easy, and most were directed towards when I could start and what my salary requirements were versus my actual abilities and experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Aéropostale.

The interview was relatively easy more of a conversation than an interview and I received an offer the next day

Role Model Interview

The interview process takes place in a group interview. The group can range from as little as 2 to 6 people. My interview group had about 5 people. Being in a group definitely takes the nerves away, but you do have to work harder to stand out in the group.
    Before the interview, you must fill out some paper work so it helps to show up at least 15 minutes early. Next, everyone in the group introduces themselves and some brief questions are asked by the manager. It helps to always be the first one to answer. The interview got a lot more exciting as you actually get tested on different tasks you'd have to take part in if hired as a Role Model- fold clothes, help at the fitting rooms, and build outfits.
    Overall, as long as you dress the part, are very enthusiastic, and try your best at the tasks at hand, the job will be yours.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Group interview... got a call a week later to attend orientation

Interview Questions
    • Fun fact about yourself... prepare something unique and interesting   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2013.

I applied through walk in because I saw the job offer on my mall's website. Manager called me after few days and asked me if I wanna come to group interview - I said "yes" of course. We had interview with the stockroom manager and assistant manager. Each of them had their own questions. Ex. Tell us a little bit about yourself - don't underestimate this question! It's the first question and most important - you can just google this and do some reading about it. i spend 1,5h for this interview and got questions like what encourage you to develop your personal style, question about the biggest challenge you met and what did you do with it, how would you greet customer going in to the store etc

Interview Questions
    • Which of both is more efficient with additional sale - fitting room situation or helping customer on the sales floor and why?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2009.

Turned in an application to a key-holder while they were having a job fair at their store for seasonal hiring. She told be to wait and gave the application to the store manager, and got a n interview right on the spot. Basic questions, why do you want to work here, what does customer service mean to you, tell me a time you had good customer service. The interview was easy. I also got hired right on the spot.

I did not negotiate.