Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Went in with a resume and they told me they were having group interviews later on that evening. I came into the group interview and it was very simple questions why do you want to work here .. Etc. One girl got to the interview extremely late. They said they would call all of us and let us know something. They never called me. I Also found out they offered the position to the girl who was super late... Very unprofessional. And no one shops at aeropostale anymore so it would have probably sucked. They wanted to offer us 4 to 8,hours a week... Waste of time.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Applied in person. Got a call back for a group interview with manager. We came to the interview dressed casual yet trendy. The manager asked typical retail questions like "why do you want to work here", "give me a fun fact about you", "how would others describe you", "where do you shop"...etc. Make sure you are friendly and upbeat and seem eager to work there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Role Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I was recruited off the floor while shopping and had a really quick interview. I was asked to come back the next week for an interview which ended up being just to be checking to make sure I had all the right ID and papers and to schedule my training

Interview Questions

• Put together an outfit for: -a concert -a football game -a date   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2014.

Interview

Called and asked if any part-time positions were available and was asked to come pick up an application. Submitted the application next day and was told I would receive a call later that day, but never did, so I called again that same day and was asked to bring in SS Card and License. Next day, met the manager who was in charge and she put me in for Black Friday (I have no job experience) and haven't been trained yet. I was not interviewed, but rather just sat next to her on the computer and just chatted about availability and how busy the days are. Sat and filled out the forms on the computer and was hired! Overall experience was great, employees were all very nice and laid back. Manager was extremely nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Was just asked in a casual conversation: What I wanted to study, When I could work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

My friend worked at Aero and she told me to come in and fill out an application. I went in and filled one out, and the Manager interviewed me on the spot. I got hired right then and there and started work the next week! This is not a normal process though, as most people go through group interviews.

Interview Questions

• Whats the most frustrating experience ive had at a store I had to put together an outfit i would wear   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Akron, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Applicant fills out and turns in paper application for employment in person to an employee of the desired location. Interview process is carried out at a manager's discretion, ranging from one-to-one to group interviews. If offered, a date is set for a one day orientation before beginning employment.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name some celebrities/notable individuals whose personal style of clothing has inspired you.   1 Answer
    • Q: Within a three minute time frame, find and build the interviewer an outfit from the products exposed on the floor, and explain why you chose the items that you did.   1 Answer
    • Q: Why did you choose to apply to Aéropostale?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

Interview

Applied in person and got a phone call 3 days later for a group interview. Quick 15 minute group interview, it was during the holidays so they needed employees ASAP, all three of us got hired on the spot! Then got followed up two days later for an orientation on greeting, cash, folding, etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?   1 Answer
    • Can you explain the outfit you are wear and try to sell it to a customer(hiring manager)   Answer Question
    • What captures your attention when shopping?   1 Answer
    • Talk about yourself!   Answer Question
    • What are your hobbies and what do you like to do on your spare time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wear Aéropostale, LAYER LAYER YOUR CLOTHES!!!!!! Ex: T-shirt, flannel/woven, and jacket/coat... Pants and shoes.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2014.

Interview

Went in store and filled out my application there. (Wednesday) The next day I got a call for an interview.(Thursday).. my interview was Sunday at 1! The interview was in the stock/staff room. One on one. Basic personality questions. Tell me a little bit about yourself, biggest strength, weakness, who are you a role model to, who is your role model..

Interview Questions

• When she asked me a weakness I was planning to say "I don't have much experience in retail, but am a quick learner" But she asked "what would your teachers say your biggest weakness in the classroom was?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process includes either two or more interviewees. Of course, they start off by telling you to describe yourself. And then they started to ask odd questions such as what I would order at Taco Bell and what's my favorite movie and why. I guess the real interview is when they actually put you on the floor and tell you to act as if you were actually hired and working.

Interview Questions

• "Now we're going to put you on the floor and give you the oppurtunity to work."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations; only paid minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Humble, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

SUPER FRIENDLY. Feels like you're talking to a close friend but keeping it professional. The interview is really simple and they are very detailed about the job requirements and they give you a brief overview of your duties.

Interview Questions

• Working around your schedule. They need committed people   Answer Question