Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale (Orlando, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

it was cool, simple, easy to the point. I went in dressed semi-fashion forward they loved me, the people were very nice

Interview Questions

• how did you hear about us   1 Answer
    • have you worked in retail before   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale (Tucson, AZ) in August 2010.

Interview

I was recruited by the store manager,which is where the interview process normally begins, so I skipped that interview and went straight to a one on one interview with th District Manager. I had been out of the field for several years, so the main concern was why I wantedbto get back in, and my commitment level. The next step was a phone interview with the Regional Manager. I was prepped for an intense drill session, but it turned out to be more of a "get to know you" conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come back to retail management after all this time away?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told the DM straight out what I needed to make to leave my last job. She came in $2k low, but the benefit package is amazing, and it't not straight salary, so anything over 40 hrs a week I get half my hourly rate. All things considered, I make more than I requested, and received a raise at my 6 month review.

Stock Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in January 2010.

Interview

I had two interviews. I interviewed with the assistant manager and the general manager separately. Both interviews went well and were very infomative of job desciption as well as asking probing questions of my abilities.

Interview Questions

• name 3 of your biggest weaknesses and what you do to improve upon them.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in September 2009.

Interview

I had a phone interview, another interview with the dm and a store manager and another interview with another store manager, before i was finally hired. It took about three weeks for them to offer the position. That seems to be normal

Interview Questions

• The dm had me role play with the store manager that was interviewing me while he watched, on coaching employees   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me what i wanted, no negotiating

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2010.

Interview

I was first recruited by a previous coworker at Aeropostale. I believe they have quotas they may need to fill. I interviewed with the DM days later, and it went well. So, she set up a phone interview with the Regional, that also seem to went well. They did ask pretty moderate questions that did get you thinking about yourself as a leader and business runner.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself as a leader?   1 Answer

I wanted to get paid more, not just matched.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in January 2010.

Interview

It was a pleasant process. They were very thourough. I had a phone interview, a 1on 1 interview, and then a group interview. They made an offer and I declined.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us and not our cheaper competitor/   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter the day after I applied online. Phone screening was done without prior scheduling. Interviewed with two members of the talent recruiting team about ten days after phone screening. Met with department manager 2 weeks after the interview with the recruiting team. Met with Sr. VP of HR 2 weeks after interview with manager. Each interview lasted about a half hour. Every interview seemed to go well and the recruiter I originally spoke with was good about following up. I was surprised not to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult situation you faced in your last job. (something to that effect).   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in November 2008.

Interview

You walk in the store and ask for an appication. Once you turn in the appication, they will call you in for an interview a few days after. When you arrive for the interview, you will find out that it is a group interview. They will ask each person a question and the others will listen.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in March 2007.

Interview

For all management positions with this company, you will have at least three interviews. Your first two interviews will be with other Store Managers as a part of the "weeding out" process. During these interviews, they generally try to get a feel for who you are as a person, and how your current experience might relate to a career at Aero. These first interviews are fairly informal and friendly, as the interviewer is trying to see if you will fit in with the company culture. You will mostly be asked about how you service customers, how you feel about various fashion trends, etc. You will be judged on how well you can relate to their customers and employees. It is also worth mentioning that image plays a huge part in deciding whether or not you will get the job, so be sure to wear some Aero to the interview. If you don't own any of their clothing, wear something similar in style. Be sure you are very clean cut looking and "preppy casual". During the final interview, you will sit face to face with the District Manager, and this will be intense. Although the tone is still friendly, there will be a lot of "probing" questions. Expect to be asked how you reacted in tough situations (loss prevention, disciplinary, etc.) and what you could do differently next time. Also, be prepared with numbers to back your results. If you stated on your resume that you brought an underperforming store back form the dead, you'd better have at least a 5 minute speech prepared about how you did it. Every answer you give will have at least one follow up question. Aero DMs are trained to be very skilled at interviewing and will call you bluff if you fluff any of your answers. Just go into the interview very prepared with exactly what you want to discuss. Feel free to bring notes with you, and to take notes during the interview as well, as this will be seen as impressive.

Interview Questions

• What celebrity do you think would wear Aero and Why?   1 Answer
    • What would you change about upper management with your current employer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Aero will ask during your final interview what you current salary is and what your expectation is. You will receive a flat, "take it or leave it" offer, but they will aim to beat your current salary by about 5-6%. Don't try to cushion your current salary, as they do verify it through a retail screening service.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview was simple. We just had a conversation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was noon negotiati