Aéropostale

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.1

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2010.

I was first recruited by a previous coworker at Aeropostale. I believe they have quotas they may need to fill. I interviewed with the DM days later, and it went well. So, she set up a phone interview with the Regional, that also seem to went well. They did ask pretty moderate questions that did get you thinking about yourself as a leader and business runner.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe yourself as a leader?   View Answer

I wanted to get paid more, not just matched.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in March 2011.

Well at first I wasn't even looking for a job until I saw they were having an open interview at the mall so I filled out an application and then I was asked a few questions by one of the assistant managers. A week later, I got a phone call from one of the employees to schedule my interview. The group interview went well for me. The next day they called to offer me a job. Just be really happy and fun, answer your questions intelligently and smile.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in September 2009.

I had a phone interview, another interview with the dm and a store manager and another interview with another store manager, before i was finally hired. It took about three weeks for them to offer the position. That seems to be normal

Interview Questions
    • The dm had me role play with the store manager that was interviewing me while he watched, on coaching employees   View Answer
    They offered me what i wanted, no negotiating

Part-Time Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peabody, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peabody, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in April 2011.

I was looking for a summer job, perusing the mall, collecting applications from various stores, and Aeropostale just happened to be on of the stores. I took them all home and filled them out. I returned them and Aero told me I'd hear back within a few months, because it wasn't hiring season for summer yet (understandable). I got a call from them 1-2 months later, asking if I could come in for an interview.

I arrived at the store about 5 minutes early, and was asked to fill out a few forms (standard procedure). After I filled in my forms and passed them in, I was asked to wait for the rest of the people to show up. It ended up begin another 10 minutes waiting. One of the managers that deals with hiring finally came and brought us out to one of the seating areas.

We talked about what made a good employee, good experiences, bad experiences, what some of our extracurricular were. We passed around the 'style guide' and dress code, which was fair. Then we went back into the store, and she had us choose an outfit (this was my favorite part) and try to 'sell it' to the employees who were working at the time. We were asked our availability and were told that we would be called within a few business days.

I heard back from them by phone (voicemail because I was in school when they had called) and was offered a job and accepted it! BI was asked to come in to 'orientation' which is just more paper work. They made me come back so many times!
    1) Orientation/Initial Paper work
    2) Application for Work Permit
    3) Actual Work Permit
    4) School Schedule/Calendar
    5) Copies of Two Forms of ID
    They are unorganized about which paper work you need.

Interview Questions
    • What was one of the most positive experiences you've had with retail/while shopping?   View Answer
    • What was one of the most negative experiences you've had with retail/while shopping?   View Answer
    Considering I'm a high school student, no negotiation about the $8/hr minimum wage.
    Before you consider working here, make sure you know ahead of time that the managers will be on you from Day 1 about your schedule. So far, my first day was Saturday, and they told me I was scheduled to work Sunday and Monday as well, except they hadn't told me that before! They told me it wasn't their job to tell me when I was working, because it's up on the website (which they said they would explain later) and that if I needed to request off, I needed to tell them 2 weeks in advance.
    Also, they don't have a regular schedule system. The days you work vary 24/7.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2010.

I was recruited by the store manager,which is where the interview process normally begins, so I skipped that interview and went straight to a one on one interview with th District Manager. I had been out of the field for several years, so the main concern was why I wantedbto get back in, and my commitment level. The next step was a phone interview with the Regional Manager. I was prepped for an intense drill session, but it turned out to be more of a "get to know you" conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to come back to retail management after all this time away?   Answer Question
    I told the DM straight out what I needed to make to leave my last job. She came in $2k low, but the benefit package is amazing, and it't not straight salary, so anything over 40 hrs a week I get half my hourly rate. All things considered, I make more than I requested, and received a raise at my 6 month review.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in November 2009.

The store manager that interviewed me wasn't very focused on me, her questions, and my answers due to the fact that she was the only manager on duty. She often walked away with no warning to tend to employee's and customer's problems. I could tell that this was a very stressful job from this interview (because it was in store). I could also tell that this manager didn't deal with the stress very well.

Interview Questions
    • How long would it take you to get here from school/home?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in March 2010.

it was cool, simple, easy to the point. I went in dressed semi-fashion forward they loved me, the people were very nice

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in June 2011.

I applied in the store and I automatically got to sign up for a "group interview" without bias. I showed up a good 15 minutes early, most of the group showed up on time and a few were late. Sadly the lady who was interviewing us was late as well so my earliness and the group's lateness went unnoticed. Because this was a mall, we went to a lounging area and split off into two smaller groups. We were all asked a series of simple questions. Finally, we had to say something like "Hi, Welcome to Aeropostale!" I never got a call back, I bet they hired the chick that showed up 5 minutes late. /life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in November 2009.

Quick and Easy had a group interview with around 7 other applicants then the manager had us pick out an outfit and try to sell her the outfit.

Interview Questions
    • Pick out three articles from the store and sell them to me?   View Answer

Sales Associate/Cash Wrap Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in December 2012.

turned in my application, got a call about an interview that we set up for that next monday got a call back to set up a second interview that took place about 3 days after my first, got offered the job on the spot and began the hiring process that coming weekend

Interview Questions
    • seeing as a lot of the people who apply here are high school students, and myself being in that position when i was interviewing I would say that the most difficult and unexpected question was what I want to do with my future. Many kids don't know and I could tell the manager was slightly bothered that I didn't have any idea of what I wanted to do at that point   Answer Question