Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

I went in to a group interview and there was 3 of us he took us into the back and asked us questions then asked us to sell her some shorts then took us up to the front to see how we we did in greeting then she said the person who hires will call buy Friday

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Got called for an interview, when i came in realized it was a group interview with two other people. The questions they asked where fairly easy, just simple questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think your good for this job?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in July 2008.

I walked into the store and handed them my resume. About two days later they called me in for the interview. Since I had experience working in Burger King they viewed me as a preferred candidate. They asked me basic questions about the hours I could work and how to resolve conflict. They also asked me about previous work and why I left. It wasn't stressful situation it was more relaxed and open.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were basic and I was never blindsided.   View Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in November 2009.

I applied during a job fair before the store was open. They had a quick back and forth there, which I didn't know was an interview. But I got called back for a second interview with the store manager and a store manager from another Aeropostale. After a half-an-hour interview, with situational and general questions, I was hired!

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in March 2010.

When I turned in my application to the Store Manager she seemed interested, even though I told her I lived almost 45 minutes but didn't mind the drive, she called me 2 days later. When I got there for the interview she acted like she didn't know she had an interview with me and had to search for my application and resume. Bottom line, I think she knew who I was and just didn't expect me to show up, because of how far away I lived, but I live in a rural area and not everyone can work at the tiny Walmart we have here.

She gave me the interview at the front of the store behind the window and it was very distracting because of the customers walking by us and the people walking by the store. She asked me a few general questions and then the basic questions they are probably required to ask. I was so disappointed because I was left to wonder why she even called me if she wasn't even interested me. Highly unprofessional, and probably the worst interview I have had so far.

Interview Questions
    • How would handle a customer if they were upset and wanted a refund for their purchase?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience in selling anything to customers, and if so how did you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2009.

The interview was simple. We just had a conversation

there was noon negotiati

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aéropostale in March 2010.

Contacted by a recruiter the day after I applied online. Phone screening was done without prior scheduling. Interviewed with two members of the talent recruiting team about ten days after phone screening. Met with department manager 2 weeks after the interview with the recruiting team. Met with Sr. VP of HR 2 weeks after interview with manager. Each interview lasted about a half hour. Every interview seemed to go well and the recruiter I originally spoke with was good about following up. I was surprised not to get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult situation you faced in your last job. (something to that effect).   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in March 2007.

For all management positions with this company, you will have at least three interviews. Your first two interviews will be with other Store Managers as a part of the "weeding out" process. During these interviews, they generally try to get a feel for who you are as a person, and how your current experience might relate to a career at Aero. These first interviews are fairly informal and friendly, as the interviewer is trying to see if you will fit in with the company culture. You will mostly be asked about how you service customers, how you feel about various fashion trends, etc. You will be judged on how well you can relate to their customers and employees. It is also worth mentioning that image plays a huge part in deciding whether or not you will get the job, so be sure to wear some Aero to the interview. If you don't own any of their clothing, wear something similar in style. Be sure you are very clean cut looking and "preppy casual".
         During the final interview, you will sit face to face with the District Manager, and this will be intense. Although the tone is still friendly, there will be a lot of "probing" questions. Expect to be asked how you reacted in tough situations (loss prevention, disciplinary, etc.) and what you could do differently next time. Also, be prepared with numbers to back your results. If you stated on your resume that you brought an underperforming store back form the dead, you'd better have at least a 5 minute speech prepared about how you did it. Every answer you give will have at least one follow up question. Aero DMs are trained to be very skilled at interviewing and will call you bluff if you fluff any of your answers. Just go into the interview very prepared with exactly what you want to discuss. Feel free to bring notes with you, and to take notes during the interview as well, as this will be seen as impressive.

Interview Questions
    • What celebrity do you think would wear Aero and Why?   View Answer
    • What would you change about upper management with your current employer?   View Answer
    Aero will ask during your final interview what you current salary is and what your expectation is. You will receive a flat, "take it or leave it" offer, but they will aim to beat your current salary by about 5-6%. Don't try to cushion your current salary, as they do verify it through a retail screening service.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in November 2008.

You walk in the store and ask for an appication. Once you turn in the appication, they will call you in for an interview a few days after. When you arrive for the interview, you will find out that it is a group interview. They will ask each person a question and the others will listen.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in January 2010.

called for an interview that i thought went really well.i never got a call back.i called and they didnt now anything about me interviewing.