Aéropostale

Updated Jan 16, 2015
Updated Jan 16, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

I was told to come as casual as i wanted to the interview. The interview itself was extremely laid back and it seemed as if i was talking to a couple of my friends. About half of the management team sat in on the interview as well as myself and a couple of other potentials.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions, it was all straight forward for the most part.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Ambassador Interview

interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2012.

I met the manager in the store and talked with her while receiving my application. I passed it in a few days later, but had to call a few times before getting an interview. For the interview I was asked to dress as if I was working a shift there, so in Aero dress code, which of course, I didn't know yet. I was taken into the back room, and asked a few basic retail questions before I filled out my hiring paperwork a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a teen and mother were arguing?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. I received minimum wage. I was 16, and this was my first job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2014.

I went into aero one day to see if they were hiring and the lady asked how old I was and I said "16" and she said yeah here's an application but first I'm going to let you read the policy of how you're supposed to dress if you were to work here. So I agreed and then I turned in my application about a week later and so happened I turned it to the manager and then she asked me some questions like "what are some words your friends would describe you?" "Any extracurricular activities?" Etc and she said I'd have a group interview in 2 weeks. And to bring 2 letters of recommendation. So now I'm waiting to go into my first interview (:

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot, ND
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot, ND

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview was pretty easy, On the hiring part regarding to salary they are not clear about that, you need to have them clarify regarding the salary and bonuses because it's not what they offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Internal hire, very easy process.

yes or no

Merch Flow Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in September 2012.

I walked in and ask for an application. I filled out and turned it back in within a few minutes. I was called back a few days after for a group interview. So easy! All you do is fill out paperwork and watch videos

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was when was the last time I got in trouble and why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

The interview was very straightforward. It was a group interview, and the managers asked very simple questions about what we would do in certain situations or our previous experience working as part of a team, and we would go around the circle answering the questions. I wasn't told it was a group interview before hand, but it wasn't difficult.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langley, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langley, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2010.

1 interview. Casual. To the point , about 20 minutes. Was told to wear jeans and dress like you already worked there. Discussed my resume and previous employers.

Did not negotiate
    Didn't know what I made until first pay day, a little awkward not knowing

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

I was applying to stores around the mall and I just happened to walk into P.S. knowing it was owned by Aeropostale. When I walked in I was the only costumer and the employees seemed to know right away that I was coming in for an application. The two girls working were very nice and handed it to me. I came back about an hour later after completing the application and brought it back to the two girls. Right away they scheduled me for an interview for two weeks later and handed me a 20% off Aero coupon and told me to come dressed like I would for the first day of work, in all Aeropostale apparel. About a week later I received a call asking if I could reschedule the interview for another two weeks. I was fine with that but it also made me apply for other jobs as well. I was not told it was a group interview but I assumed from other reviews from Aero. I arrived 15 minutes before and was the first person. I was told we were waiting for a few others and to look around. A guy and two more girls had came and we started the interview. The manager was extremely nice and made everyone feel comfortable. We were not asked any questions during this interview, we just talked about ourselves to start off. We each took turns greeting an employee acting as a costumer. They are looking for open questions such as "what brings you in here today?" and "Are you shopping for a boy or a girl?" Questions which cannot be answered with a yes or a no. After that we went to the fitting rooms and showed how we would deal with situations and treat the customers and what to bring them while they are trying the clothes on. The last step we did was go into the stock room and were shown everything back there. She dismissed us and told us if they want to extend the other they'd call us within a week. I was offered the job but denied because you only get 0-5 hours a week before Christmas time and it was also 25 minutes away from my house so I took an offer from a closer store. Overall it was a great interview and it was very fun! I would have taken the offer if there were more hours and if it were closer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale.

I called the store to see if they were hiring and they told me to come in and get an application in the store. Moments after picking it up a manager asked me if I could join a group interview the following Monday at 3. I said yes and asked if I should bring a resume, and he said just 2 recommendations with the application! so I went in about 255 on Monday with both in hand and there were three other applicants. Once we all got together we sat in a sitting area in the mall, he asked us our names, what school, grade we are. I was the only one over 18. and our favorite band. it was obvious right then that this job isn't meant for full time, it's perfect for high school students; mainly because the employer mentioned that some people work once a month. so we finished the interview with greeting, questions, an picking one outfit that represented our style.