Aéropostale

Average Difficulty
159 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

South Jordan, UT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – I called the store to see if they were hiring and they told me to come in and get an application in the store. Moments after picking it up a manager asked me if I could join a group interview the following Monday at 3. I said yes and asked if I should bring a resume, and he said just 2 recommendations with the application! so I went in about 255 on Monday with both in hand and there were three other applicants. Once we all got together we sat in a sitting area in the mall, he asked us our names, what school, grade we are. I was the only one over 18. and our favorite band. it was obvious right then that this job isn't meant for full time, it's perfect for high school students; mainly because the employer mentioned that some people work once a month. so we finished the interview with greeting, questions, an picking one outfit that represented our style.

Interview Question – no real questions, just more for fun.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – The interview process is quite informal, and is held in store. Usually with a group of people - 4-6, with two managers. Different scenarios and questions are asked and discussed. They do not do backfgound or drug tests which is unusual.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer was rude to you?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

Interview Details – I dropped off an application and got a call about two weeks later

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – I applied in-person and got a call after about a month. I was asked to come into the store for a group interview the next evening and was told to wear what I thought I would wear on my first day of work. There were five of us being interviewed and we were spit up. I went with two others to the back room where the manager asked us each three questions. It was very casual and relaxed. Once that was finished, we went up to the front and switched with the other group. There, we roll played with the assistant manager. They were a parent shopping for a child or teen and we had to demonstrate our "sales skills". Then, we had to pick out an outfit, male or female, and "sell" it to the assistant manager. It was really relaxed and fun. The two managers explained their dress code and when we should hear from them.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to do a lot of work quickly and it had to be done 100%.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

Interview Details – It was a group interview, in which they expect you to be very outgoing for the position. Each person answers different questions and they throw curve ball questions. It was a pretty informal interview, where everyone was wearing their clothes. That was unexpected, because I thought everyone was suppose to dress up.

Interview Question – Explain your best/worst customer service experience.   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2013.

Interview Details – During the interview I was asked why I wanted to work their and my age. After that she just went over a lot of information then we had to act as if we were actually working there. (greeting customers, folding clothes, and working the dressing room).

Interview Question – None because I was only asked two questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage.

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in May 2012.

Interview Details – I worked at the store in high school, I decided to pursue retail management after school so I contacted my former district manager to refer me to the district manager in my area. I was then contacted by this DM and we had a quick phone interview, then I was invited for a in person interview with the DM. Because this is one of the company's high potential stores with past staffing issues, I had a second interview with the Regional Manager. I was then called by the DM with an offer. Total process took less than 2 weeks from original phone interview.

Interview Question – This store has been struggling, what will you do to get the store to reach the potential we believe it has?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We discussed money in the second in person interview, I told them my anticipated salary they then gave me slightly more than that number.

Westlake, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2012.

Interview Details – I saw a job opening on the local mall website and immediately brought my resume in.
When they called me for an interview, they told me to dress casual and how I would dress if I got the job...ie jeans. The interview went well then they scheduled me for a second interview with the district manager.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you resolved a conflict with a co worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation.

Aurora, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy, job app is short and interview is done ASAP, takes about 2 weeks after being hired to actually start work. Once one has the job, the person has training which is watch a painfully movie then take a quiz, as long as u pass u got the job

Interview Question – Ones about shrink which is known as stolen goods and money   View Answer

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in March 2012.

Interview Details – Was recruited from another company. Interviewed with Store Manager, District Manager, and Regional Manager.

Interview Question – Was asked Why at my previous employment, it seems as if the aesthetic and standard had changed recently and why I though it successful/ not successful.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer, negotiations, and acceptance were all done via phone. Simpler due to the fact the the DM is not based out of my current city and I maintained full time status with my previous employer throughout the negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aéropostale