Aéropostale Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2014
93 interviews

93 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2012.

The process took 6 months as I applied for the summer but got hired for the winter. Got a phone call to come in for a group interview in the stock room. Four of us stood around with the manager. She asked easy questions about ourselves and anyone could jump in and answer. Then we were asked to go to the sales floor, pick an outfit and explain why you chose it. At the end the manager asked if we had any questions for her.

Interview Questions
Be prepared with thoughtful answers and don't be shy; speak up first and show confidence and leadership. Smile, pay extra attention and be prepared to ask questions at the end. Stick around last, shake hands and thank the interviewer.

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2014.

I went into the store (dressed business casual) and asked one of the assistant managers for a job application. I filled it out outside of the store and when I came back to give it to her, she asked me a couple questions about my style, what I think of Aeropostale, ect. She scheduled me for a group interview the following week. During the interview, I was with four other girls, the store manager asked us about our values, our previous customer service experiences, and what we would do in certain situations. Then we went back to the store and the manager tested us all on putting together an outfit, as well as interacting with customers in the store. I was called later that night and offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • What does "compassion, integrity, respect, and teamwork" mean to you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, especially if you have minimal experience and/or have applied for a starter position. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2013.

Got a callback for an in-person interview about a week after I applied. The interview was with a small group of about four other applicants, right in the store. It was very laid-back, and the questions were easy. I made the mistake of wearing my nose ring to the interview (they don't allow facial piercings), but I made sure to explain that I'd be willing to take it out for the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2013.

You have to go like 3 times to fill out paperwork go during back to school or thanksgiving that's when they hire more people and you're on trial when you start off make sure you size and if you want to stand out do your on calls (call and ask if they need you)

Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in February 2014.

Easy, really. I brought in my application and the manager gave me a little interview on the spot then hired me on the spot! She was really nice and she made it really chill and easy for me to talk to her. The questions were super easy, something you probably would hear at all retail stores you get interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, there was no difficult or unexpected questions. Every typical question you get asked at retail stores like how to help customers, how to greet, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2013.

The interview for Areo was simple, we met at the store and went to the food court for the interview. There was about 5 other applicants. The questions were basic, asking about why we wanted to work there and what we thought of their style..

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Biloxi, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in April 2012.

They only do paper applications in store. I was called in for an interview, and asked general questions about myself. I did research prior to the interview which wasn't exactly needed.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't expect the interview to be so personal. By that, I mean it was only general conversation. There weren't any questions about the company or my work ethic.   Answer Question
    The manager just said that I would start training the following week.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

I went inside and asked for an application. I got it, filled it out, and brought it back to the store. I was interviewed on the spot by an assistant manager, and came back for a group interview. A few of us got hired as temps out of the group interview, and later a few were kept on as permanent Part-time Associates.

Interview Questions
    I received a call saying that they wanted me, offered me about 50 cents above minimum wage (at the time) and asked if that was okay. I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Howell, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Howell, MI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2012.

Walked in, asked for an application, got one. Filled it out and was called for an interview. It was my first interview so I was nervous. It was so rough. Group interview (I was shy) so my answers sucked because the girl with me was super outgoing and I wasn't at the time. Somehow, I was hired. They were probably understaffed. Just be friendly, wear a plaid shirt with a layer underneath (cami, boytank, etc) with jeans (maybe rolled up) with toms or sparrys or vans or anything besides flipflops or tennis shoes.

Interview Questions
    • Not relaly any difficult questions; mainly stuff like 1. what does teamwork mean to you? 2. describe yourself in three words 3. what is your biggest weakness   View Answer
    N/A

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

the initial interview is done as a group with other people for the same position

Interview Questions
    • If you could change one thing about your last supervisor what would it be?   Answer Question

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!