Aéropostale Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I brought in my application and a week later I received a call for an interview. It was a group interview, but it was only me and someone else. The manager asked us normal questions about our skills and previous experience. I got a call by the end of the week saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in customer service?
    How do you keep up with your friends?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale (Lancaster, PA).

Interview

It's a very simple process for a sales associate you just fill out your application. Then they'll call you if you like think you fit the part. Make should you look well dressed they judge on appearance. Then you normally just interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Would you find yourself to be a people person?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I brought my application into the store and one of the shift managers asked me a few questions there. I got a call to schedule and interview within three days. It was a group interview. The manager would ask us questions and if you wanted to answer you could. She had us all pick out certain types of outfits too.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What do you do to keep up with people around you?
      What do you do for fun?
      Are you a part of any groups?
      Do you have experience in customer service?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale (New Brunswick, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a very chill process. The assistant manager interviewed and just asked me basic questions like where I lived and what school I go to. The only interview question they really asked me was why I would like o work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale (Augusta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty simple, I arrived 20 minutes before my interview but the manager wasn't ready until the exact time, it was supposed to be a group interview but i t was just me and a girl, he asked about us, told us to put together a outfit, then act out a scenario. He called me back like 2 weeks later about being hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Went into the store, met with the manager, they told me they could do an interview on the spot so they took me in the back room and gave me the general screening. It took about 30 to 45 minutes to complete, then i had to fill out all the paper work and they told me that they would be giving me a call whenever they needed me to come into work.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Very down to earth, they ask easy questions and generally just want to make sure you are a fit for them and they are a fit for you. Group interviews are very common.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

I received another position in my area of expertise

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Easy! Dress nice(look at their website and dress similarly). Be energetic, friendly. They look for personality, those pleasant to work with, as well as sales ability. It's a plus if you have worked at a fast paced environment, and used the cash register.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Got called in for a group interview. I'M glad I didn't get accepted an offer because they expect you to be some fashionista. One part of the interview was to go pick out an outfit from the store that you'd wear to a BBQ and you have to explain why you'd wear it. Then, they asked you to try to sell them the outfit you are wearing by creating a sales pitch.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Found me at my college campus. Called for an interview. Told me to wear a fitted tshirt and jeans for the day of the interview. The interview was a group one which was fine but it didn't feel personalized. Most of us were immediately hired and shown around. The managers were very nice and helpful

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate