Aéropostale

Average Difficulty
90 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2013.

Interview Details – You have to go like 3 times to fill out paperwork go during back to school or thanksgiving that's when they hire more people and you're on trial when you start off make sure you size and if you want to stand out do your on calls (call and ask if they need you)

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in February 2014.

Interview Details – Easy, really. I brought in my application and the manager gave me a little interview on the spot then hired me on the spot! She was really nice and she made it really chill and easy for me to talk to her. The questions were super easy, something you probably would hear at all retail stores you get interviewed for.

Interview Question – Honestly, there was no difficult or unexpected questions. Every typical question you get asked at retail stores like how to help customers, how to greet, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview for Areo was simple, we met at the store and went to the food court for the interview. There was about 5 other applicants. The questions were basic, asking about why we wanted to work there and what we thought of their style..

Interview Question – Why do you want to work there   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Biloxi, MS

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in April 2012.

Interview Details – They only do paper applications in store. I was called in for an interview, and asked general questions about myself. I did research prior to the interview which wasn't exactly needed.

Interview Question – I didn't expect the interview to be so personal. By that, I mean it was only general conversation. There weren't any questions about the company or my work ethic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The manager just said that I would start training the following week.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

Interview Details – I went inside and asked for an application. I got it, filled it out, and brought it back to the store. I was interviewed on the spot by an assistant manager, and came back for a group interview. A few of us got hired as temps out of the group interview, and later a few were kept on as permanent Part-time Associates.

Interview Question – - Having to pick out an outfit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a call saying that they wanted me, offered me about 50 cents above minimum wage (at the time) and asked if that was okay. I accepted.

Howell, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2012.

Interview Details – Walked in, asked for an application, got one. Filled it out and was called for an interview. It was my first interview so I was nervous. It was so rough. Group interview (I was shy) so my answers sucked because the girl with me was super outgoing and I wasn't at the time. Somehow, I was hired. They were probably understaffed. Just be friendly, wear a plaid shirt with a layer underneath (cami, boytank, etc) with jeans (maybe rolled up) with toms or sparrys or vans or anything besides flipflops or tennis shoes.

Interview Question – Not relaly any difficult questions; mainly stuff like 1. what does teamwork mean to you? 2. describe yourself in three words 3. what is your biggest weakness   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – the initial interview is done as a group with other people for the same position

Interview Question – If you could change one thing about your last supervisor what would it be?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – I walked into the store and asked for an application and the girl told me to wait a second and the manager came out and offered me an interview on the spot. Group interview , there were like 10 people because they were opening a new store and there were 3 managers and they just asked questions and it you answered most of them you were hired . It was very easy just questions like if a mom and daughter came into the store and they disagreed on something and asked for your help what would yu do? And how would you greet a customer walking into the store?

Interview Question – Pick a tv show that you like the fashion in and explain why?   View Answer

Irvine, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied in person, and they set up a group interview for the next day. It was pretty relaxed, there were two other people there. The interviewer asked about five questions then took us back to the store. At the store, we had to create two outfits, one for girls and one for guys. We were also asked to replenish a section, which means like folding clothes and making it look presentable.

Interview Question – What does respect mean to you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – went in person

Interview Question – what's the one thing you would take with you in the case of a fire?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aéropostale

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aéropostale Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 90 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aéropostale employees and interview candidates.