Aéropostale

Getting the Interview

83 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – the initial interview is done as a group with other people for the same position

Interview Question – If you could change one thing about your last supervisor what would it be?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – I walked into the store and asked for an application and the girl told me to wait a second and the manager came out and offered me an interview on the spot. Group interview , there were like 10 people because they were opening a new store and there were 3 managers and they just asked questions and it you answered most of them you were hired . It was very easy just questions like if a mom and daughter came into the store and they disagreed on something and asked for your help what would yu do? And how would you greet a customer walking into the store?

Interview Question – Pick a tv show that you like the fashion in and explain why?   View Answer

Irvine, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied in person, and they set up a group interview for the next day. It was pretty relaxed, there were two other people there. The interviewer asked about five questions then took us back to the store. At the store, we had to create two outfits, one for girls and one for guys. We were also asked to replenish a section, which means like folding clothes and making it look presentable.

Interview Question – What does respect mean to you?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – went in person

Interview Question – what's the one thing you would take with you in the case of a fire?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Saint Augustine, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in December 2010.

Interview Details – I walked in looking like a ninja- dressed in all black - completely fed up with my hostess job across the street. I asked for an application and was asked to complete it right then and there, so I did. I made small talk with the manager and ended up having an on-the-spot interview even though I smelled like Chinese food. I was asked to come in for a scheduling meeting and that was that!

Interview Question – There weren't any. Everything was very straightforward. I had prior customer service experience, so I was pretty much "in".   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was very straightforward. It was a group interview, and the managers asked very simple questions about what we would do in certain situations or our previous experience working as part of a team, and we would go around the circle answering the questions. I wasn't told it was a group interview before hand, but it wasn't difficult.

Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – It was a group interview, which I was very surprised about. But overall it was a relaxed interview. They did take a while to actually bring me up to the interviewing area, like they had forgotten about me. Hiring was pretty straight forward and they give you good training once you were hired.

Interview Question – I wasn't prepared to answer which celebrity I think was the Aéropostale style. But now I think I wouldn't have a problem with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2010.

Interview Details – Spoke with a store manager and filled out the application in store. The next day I was contacted to come in for an interview. I was instructed to wear the clothing that I would wear to work that fit the look of their brand. I wore an aeropostale hoodie layered with a plaid button up, blue jeans, and a pair of chucks. The interview was very chill and was held with the store manager. We discussed what the position's outlook and answered some behavior based questions. Since I was studying Fashion in school, we discussed that a bit as well.

I came to the interview with a copy of my resume, two letters of recommendation, and my questions for the manager.

I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I didn't have prior retail experience the most they could offer me was $7.50.

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – Group interview... got a call a week later to attend orientation

Interview Question – Fun fact about yourself... prepare something unique and interesting   Answer Question

Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through walk in because I saw the job offer on my mall's website. Manager called me after few days and asked me if I wanna come to group interview - I said "yes" of course. We had interview with the stockroom manager and assistant manager. Each of them had their own questions. Ex. Tell us a little bit about yourself - don't underestimate this question! It's the first question and most important - you can just google this and do some reading about it. i spend 1,5h for this interview and got questions like what encourage you to develop your personal style, question about the biggest challenge you met and what did you do with it, how would you greet customer going in to the store etc

Interview Question – Which of both is more efficient with additional sale - fitting room situation or helping customer on the sales floor and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aéropostale

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aéropostale Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 83 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aéropostale employees and interview candidates.