Aéropostale

1.9

104 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in June 2010.

When I went in for my interview I was early and the manager was busy. I asked for her and another girl did too and apparently she accidentally schedule us both for the same interview so the manager took us both in and it didn't seem to bother her.

I was friendly and outgoing but having had only one job the manager seemed to completely overlook me from the very start. She asked the other girl all about her work experience and I couldn't really do anything while the two of them spoke. When she asked about mine I explained I had been a sales associate before. Once I told her she went back to the other girl and asked her about her schedule and a bunch of other questions that weren't directed at me. In my opinion, she wasn't very professional. The other girl even asked the dress code for the job and the manager used me as an example of what to wear while working (I wore a dress, cropped sweater and nice shoes).

The manager also told us the hours fluctuated a lot during the week. She told us she would get back to us if we got the job. I asked her if I should call inquiring about it and she just laughed and said not to. She also told me I should consider myself lucky for even getting an interview with them.

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

I dropped off an application and got a call about two weeks later

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

It was a group interview, in which they expect you to be very outgoing for the position. Each person answers different questions and they throw curve ball questions. It was a pretty informal interview, where everyone was wearing their clothes. That was unexpected, because I thought everyone was suppose to dress up.

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Turned in application. Immediately asked when I was available to interview. Interview was casual. I wore Aeropostale clothes. Was asked basic questions, nothing too difficult. Just be yourself. Finished interview and was told of hiring status next week, which was only a couple days after the interview. Came in the next week for training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale.

the manager called me two days before the interview to attend.

Interview Questions
    • there questions werent actually difficult, the problem is that since is a group interview you have to stand out so the manager notices you.   Answer Question

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

I went in to a group interview and there was 3 of us he took us into the back and asked us questions then asked us to sell her some shorts then took us up to the front to see how we we did in greeting then she said the person who hires will call buy Friday

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Got called for an interview, when i came in realized it was a group interview with two other people. The questions they asked where fairly easy, just simple questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think your good for this job?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in July 2008.

I walked into the store and handed them my resume. About two days later they called me in for the interview. Since I had experience working in Burger King they viewed me as a preferred candidate. They asked me basic questions about the hours I could work and how to resolve conflict. They also asked me about previous work and why I left. It wasn't stressful situation it was more relaxed and open.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were basic and I was never blindsided.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in April 2012.

I was recruited while shopping in the mall by one of the managers and was told to come to a group interview the following week. There were about 12 other people at the group interviews and it was conducted by two managers (male and female) who were pretty laid back and fun. We all sat in a circle and they went over what the company stands for and the type of people they're looking for. They asked about 10 fairly easy questions and then they said they'd call within a few days if we got the position.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your role model and why?
      Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond what was expected of you?
      What is good customer service?

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in November 2011.

I applied in person quite a few months before I was called for an interview for a seasonal position; the interview was set up for the following week or so. I was told to dress "Aero cool" which, for any prospective Aero employees, basically means to wear as much Aero clothing as you can--I just wore an Aero shirt and was fine, as did another girl, and we were both hired. The girl who didn't wear any Aero, but had a rather impressive resume was not hired. It's very important to this company to represent the brand in a cool and trendy way, whether or not you have the experience. Be sure to smile and talk in a cheerful way, and act totally comfortable!

During the first part of the interview, the manager read to us all about the Aero company, what it stands for, yada ya. It's easy to get lost, but try not to. She asked us questions later about like, what break away statement would you use? (You need to know what she means by break away, which she explained earlier).

The second part of the interview was where the manager questioned us, and they were typical interview questions.

The third part of the interview was a skills test, where we had to greet the manager as she pretended to walk into the store as a busy mom who was shopping for her daughter, and then as a teenager who is shopping for herself (role-playing). During this part it is very important that you speak loudly and clearly, that you smile, and that you seem totally into the Aero brand. Be sure to throw in a "Welcome to Aeropostale!" And you're golden.

A few days later I was called and offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Aeropostale?   View Answer