Aéropostale

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Average Difficulty
91 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

Interview Details – I dropped off an application and got a call about two weeks later

Manchester, NH

The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2010.

Interview Details – When I went in for my interview I was early and the manager was busy. I asked for her and another girl did too and apparently she accidentally schedule us both for the same interview so the manager took us both in and it didn't seem to bother her.

I was friendly and outgoing but having had only one job the manager seemed to completely overlook me from the very start. She asked the other girl all about her work experience and I couldn't really do anything while the two of them spoke. When she asked about mine I explained I had been a sales associate before. Once I told her she went back to the other girl and asked her about her schedule and a bunch of other questions that weren't directed at me. In my opinion, she wasn't very professional. The other girl even asked the dress code for the job and the manager used me as an example of what to wear while working (I wore a dress, cropped sweater and nice shoes).

The manager also told us the hours fluctuated a lot during the week. She told us she would get back to us if we got the job. I asked her if I should call inquiring about it and she just laughed and said not to. She also told me I should consider myself lucky for even getting an interview with them.

Interview Question – What is your work experience like?   Answer Question

Sunrise, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was recruited while shopping in the mall by one of the managers and was told to come to a group interview the following week. There were about 12 other people at the group interviews and it was conducted by two managers (male and female) who were pretty laid back and fun. We all sat in a circle and they went over what the company stands for and the type of people they're looking for. They asked about 10 fairly easy questions and then they said they'd call within a few days if we got the position.

Interview Question – Who is your role model and why?
Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond what was expected of you?
What is good customer service?
  View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview for Areo was simple, we met at the store and went to the food court for the interview. There was about 5 other applicants. The questions were basic, asking about why we wanted to work there and what we thought of their style..

Interview Question – Why do you want to work there   Answer Question

Jacksonville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in March 2010.

Interview Details – When I turned in my application to the Store Manager she seemed interested, even though I told her I lived almost 45 minutes but didn't mind the drive, she called me 2 days later. When I got there for the interview she acted like she didn't know she had an interview with me and had to search for my application and resume. Bottom line, I think she knew who I was and just didn't expect me to show up, because of how far away I lived, but I live in a rural area and not everyone can work at the tiny Walmart we have here.

She gave me the interview at the front of the store behind the window and it was very distracting because of the customers walking by us and the people walking by the store. She asked me a few general questions and then the basic questions they are probably required to ask. I was so disappointed because I was left to wonder why she even called me if she wasn't even interested me. Highly unprofessional, and probably the worst interview I have had so far.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a customer if they were upset and wanted a refund for their purchase?   Answer Question
  • Do you have any experience in selling anything to customers, and if so how did you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2009.

Interview Details – Quick and Easy had a group interview with around 7 other applicants then the manager had us pick out an outfit and try to sell her the outfit.

Interview Question – Pick out three articles from the store and sell them to me?   View Answer

Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through walk in because I saw the job offer on my mall's website. Manager called me after few days and asked me if I wanna come to group interview - I said "yes" of course. We had interview with the stockroom manager and assistant manager. Each of them had their own questions. Ex. Tell us a little bit about yourself - don't underestimate this question! It's the first question and most important - you can just google this and do some reading about it. i spend 1,5h for this interview and got questions like what encourage you to develop your personal style, question about the biggest challenge you met and what did you do with it, how would you greet customer going in to the store etc

Interview Question – Which of both is more efficient with additional sale - fitting room situation or helping customer on the sales floor and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

I applied in-person and interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – Turned in application. Immediately asked when I was available to interview. Interview was casual. I wore Aeropostale clothes. Was asked basic questions, nothing too difficult. Just be yourself. Finished interview and was told of hiring status next week, which was only a couple days after the interview. Came in the next week for training.

Interview Question – Can you describe Aeropostale's style?   Answer Question

I applied in-person and interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – I went in to a group interview and there was 3 of us he took us into the back and asked us questions then asked us to sell her some shorts then took us up to the front to see how we we did in greeting then she said the person who hires will call buy Friday

Interview Questions

I applied in-person and interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – Got called for an interview, when i came in realized it was a group interview with two other people. The questions they asked where fairly easy, just simple questions.

Interview Question – Why do you think your good for this job?   View Answer

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!