Aéropostale Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I printed out an application and applied at the store, I didn't speak to the manager but I talked to a nice sales associate and he told me that they were always looking for new people to hire especially since it was close to the holiday season. All he seemed to want to know about was my availability. I got a call from the hiring manager exactly a week later asking if I was available for an interview the following day in front of the store. She said to dress what I think would be professional but fashion forward and how I would dress for a day of work at Aeropostale. I arrived 30 min early and was the first one there. It was a group interview with two other girls. I answered the questions pretty well and most of the time before the other two girls. She said she would call us back if she was interest in us within the next week.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite celebrity?   Answer Question
  • Who or what inspires your style? (Celebrity and/or social media )   Answer Question
  • What do would you say to someone that looking around the store to get them to consider buying or at least trying something on?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Went in with a resume and they told me they were having group interviews later on that evening. I came into the group interview and it was very simple questions why do you want to work here .. Etc. One girl got to the interview extremely late. They said they would call all of us and let us know something. They never called me. I Also found out they offered the position to the girl who was super late... Very unprofessional. And no one shops at aeropostale anymore so it would have probably sucked. They wanted to offer us 4 to 8,hours a week... Waste of time.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in November 2014.

Interview

Called and asked if any part-time positions were available and was asked to come pick up an application. Submitted the application next day and was told I would receive a call later that day, but never did, so I called again that same day and was asked to bring in SS Card and License. Next day, met the manager who was in charge and she put me in for Black Friday (I have no job experience) and haven't been trained yet. I was not interviewed, but rather just sat next to her on the computer and just chatted about availability and how busy the days are. Sat and filled out the forms on the computer and was hired!

Overall experience was great, employees were all very nice and laid back. Manager was extremely nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Was just asked in a casual conversation: What I wanted to study, When I could work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aéropostale (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

My friend worked at Aero and she told me to come in and fill out an application. I went in and filled one out, and the Manager interviewed me on the spot. I got hired right then and there and started work the next week! This is not a normal process though, as most people go through group interviews.

Interview Questions

• Whats the most frustrating experience ive had at a store
      I had to put together an outfit i would wear

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale (Akron, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Applicant fills out and turns in paper application for employment in person to an employee of the desired location. Interview process is carried out at a manager's discretion, ranging from one-to-one to group interviews. If offered, a date is set for a one day orientation before beginning employment.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name some celebrities/notable individuals whose personal style of clothing has inspired you.   1 Answer
    • Q: Within a three minute time frame, find and build the interviewer an outfit from the products exposed on the floor, and explain why you chose the items that you did.   1 Answer
    • Q: Why did you choose to apply to Aéropostale?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aéropostale (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process includes either two or more interviewees. Of course, they start off by telling you to describe yourself. And then they started to ask odd questions such as what I would order at Taco Bell and what's my favorite movie and why. I guess the real interview is when they actually put you on the floor and tell you to act as if you were actually hired and working.

Interview Questions

• "Now we're going to put you on the floor and give you the oppurtunity to work."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations; only paid minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale (Humble, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

SUPER FRIENDLY. Feels like you're talking to a close friend but keeping it professional. The interview is really simple and they are very detailed about the job requirements and they give you a brief overview of your duties.

Interview Questions

• Working around your schedule. They need committed people   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale (Duluth, GA).

Interview

asked for an application filled it out and got a call within a week. scheduled a group interview. me and 3 other girls were being interviewed. Was asked to sell by outfit to them and asked to put an outfit together from the store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview, probably about 5 or 6 people in the group. The store manager just asked questions about our personal style, If we had any social networks and style Icons we looked up to. Stuff like that

Interview Questions

• What's a go to outfit for you (or a go to outfit in general)?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 7 other people, everyone was high school aged. They asked 1 question and each person had to go around in a circle and answer the question. So if you're the last person, someone could easily say the answer you were planning on saying. It was pretty easy going, I think they were just trying to scope out if you could get along well with other people and that you have a good personality.