Aéropostale

Getting the Interview

83 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Aéropostale

Interview Details – Was given a date and time for a group interview upon turning in my application. Was called back for an individual interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – What do their 4 values (integrity, teamwork, respect, compassion) mean to you?   Answer Question

South Jordan, UT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – I called the store to see if they were hiring and they told me to come in and get an application in the store. Moments after picking it up a manager asked me if I could join a group interview the following Monday at 3. I said yes and asked if I should bring a resume, and he said just 2 recommendations with the application! so I went in about 255 on Monday with both in hand and there were three other applicants. Once we all got together we sat in a sitting area in the mall, he asked us our names, what school, grade we are. I was the only one over 18. and our favorite band. it was obvious right then that this job isn't meant for full time, it's perfect for high school students; mainly because the employer mentioned that some people work once a month. so we finished the interview with greeting, questions, an picking one outfit that represented our style.

Interview Question – no real questions, just more for fun.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – The interview process is quite informal, and is held in store. Usually with a group of people - 4-6, with two managers. Different scenarios and questions are asked and discussed. They do not do backfgound or drug tests which is unusual.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer was rude to you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – I applied in-person and got a call after about a month. I was asked to come into the store for a group interview the next evening and was told to wear what I thought I would wear on my first day of work. There were five of us being interviewed and we were spit up. I went with two others to the back room where the manager asked us each three questions. It was very casual and relaxed. Once that was finished, we went up to the front and switched with the other group. There, we roll played with the assistant manager. They were a parent shopping for a child or teen and we had to demonstrate our "sales skills". Then, we had to pick out an outfit, male or female, and "sell" it to the assistant manager. It was really relaxed and fun. The two managers explained their dress code and when we should hear from them.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to do a lot of work quickly and it had to be done 100%.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

Interview Details – I dropped off an application and got a call about two weeks later

Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2013.

Interview Details – During the interview I was asked why I wanted to work their and my age. After that she just went over a lot of information then we had to act as if we were actually working there. (greeting customers, folding clothes, and working the dressing room).

Interview Question – None because I was only asked two questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

Interview Details – It was a group interview, in which they expect you to be very outgoing for the position. Each person answers different questions and they throw curve ball questions. It was a pretty informal interview, where everyone was wearing their clothes. That was unexpected, because I thought everyone was suppose to dress up.

Interview Question – Explain your best/worst customer service experience.   Answer Question

Aurora, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy, job app is short and interview is done ASAP, takes about 2 weeks after being hired to actually start work. Once one has the job, the person has training which is watch a painfully movie then take a quiz, as long as u pass u got the job

Interview Question – Ones about shrink which is known as stolen goods and money   View Answer

Interviewed at Aéropostale

Interview Details – A new store opened in my area so I applied. It was a very basic group interview with me and 4 other people. As in any group interview it is important to speak up and stand out. Be the first person to answer each question and have confidence.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you made a mistake. What did you do?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview with 8 or 10 people
Got hired off of 2 questions.
Just be sure to be have a good answer and be the first one to speak
Very simple

Interview Question – If you had to pick a celebrity to represent us , who would it be?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aéropostale