Aéropostale

Getting the Interview

83 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in March 2012.

Interview Details – A normal interview, business casual wear

Interview Question – Regular interview questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at Aéropostale

Interview Details – I knew the manager before my interview, so I went in and filled out the application with her and she asked me basic questions about my time availability and my prior retail skills.

Interview Question – Can you speak Spanish?   Answer Question

Sunrise, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was recruited while shopping in the mall by one of the managers and was told to come to a group interview the following week. There were about 12 other people at the group interviews and it was conducted by two managers (male and female) who were pretty laid back and fun. We all sat in a circle and they went over what the company stands for and the type of people they're looking for. They asked about 10 fairly easy questions and then they said they'd call within a few days if we got the position.

Interview Question – Who is your role model and why?
Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond what was expected of you?
What is good customer service?
  View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2011.

Interview Details – Application in person. Called about 3 weeks later for group interview. They ask a bunch of personality-type questions to everyone. There's no one-on-one time. Ask you to dress like how you would if you were to work there. Don't be shy and you'll get the job.

Interview Question – Asked to pick out an outfit from the store using 3 clothing items plus accessory.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage. Not much to negotiate.

Hickory, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2008.

Interview Details – I walked into the store and handed them my resume. About two days later they called me in for the interview. Since I had experience working in Burger King they viewed me as a preferred candidate. They asked me basic questions about the hours I could work and how to resolve conflict. They also asked me about previous work and why I left. It wasn't stressful situation it was more relaxed and open.

Interview Question – All the questions were basic and I was never blindsided.   View Answer

Modesto, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

Interview Details – I had filled out an application and had a nice chat with the manager. They gave me a call a week later and asked me to come in for a interview a few days later. It was a group interview and there was two other girls that i thought would get the job forsure. I didn't hear back from them for a month and when i got the call i was extremely surprised because of how much time had passed.

Interview Question – What my favorite color was   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in May 2012.

Interview Details – I did an interview with 2 other people. It was very uncomfortable due to the extra people. I came prepared for a one on one job interview as in me and the interviewer. I adapted and then she asked a few questions such as: '' If you had to switch your schedule with a friend because you wanted to leave work, would you do that''? We all answered ''no''. And she said ''very good''. Then we answered a few more questions and then we walked to the store to practice greeting an employee. I went second and acted as if I was folding clothes and answered the employee with complete respect and honesty. I was called three days later with a job offer and I accepted. I showed up to the orientation and one person out of the two got hired as well.

Interview Questions

• Would you switch shifts with a friend?   View Answer
  • What are three aspects that you could bring to our company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a 5 day/ 5 hour work schedule. It was relatively easy and fun. The pay was $7.25, and it couldnt be changed. Pay is every 2 weeks. Good Luck.

Santa Rosa, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied in person quite a few months before I was called for an interview for a seasonal position; the interview was set up for the following week or so. I was told to dress "Aero cool" which, for any prospective Aero employees, basically means to wear as much Aero clothing as you can--I just wore an Aero shirt and was fine, as did another girl, and we were both hired. The girl who didn't wear any Aero, but had a rather impressive resume was not hired. It's very important to this company to represent the brand in a cool and trendy way, whether or not you have the experience. Be sure to smile and talk in a cheerful way, and act totally comfortable!

During the first part of the interview, the manager read to us all about the Aero company, what it stands for, yada ya. It's easy to get lost, but try not to. She asked us questions later about like, what break away statement would you use? (You need to know what she means by break away, which she explained earlier).

The second part of the interview was where the manager questioned us, and they were typical interview questions.

The third part of the interview was a skills test, where we had to greet the manager as she pretended to walk into the store as a busy mom who was shopping for her daughter, and then as a teenager who is shopping for herself (role-playing). During this part it is very important that you speak loudly and clearly, that you smile, and that you seem totally into the Aero brand. Be sure to throw in a "Welcome to Aeropostale!" And you're golden.

A few days later I was called and offered a job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Aeropostale?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Buford, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied in person. Called for a seasonal position to interview. Went to a group interview. A week later they called to offer me the job. Asked you to come the interview dressed "Aero cool" and everyone looked like a model and they all got the job except one person because she was a little heavier set.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you would approach a mother and and example of how you would approach a teen to help.   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Manchester, NH

The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2010.

Interview Details – When I went in for my interview I was early and the manager was busy. I asked for her and another girl did too and apparently she accidentally schedule us both for the same interview so the manager took us both in and it didn't seem to bother her.

I was friendly and outgoing but having had only one job the manager seemed to completely overlook me from the very start. She asked the other girl all about her work experience and I couldn't really do anything while the two of them spoke. When she asked about mine I explained I had been a sales associate before. Once I told her she went back to the other girl and asked her about her schedule and a bunch of other questions that weren't directed at me. In my opinion, she wasn't very professional. The other girl even asked the dress code for the job and the manager used me as an example of what to wear while working (I wore a dress, cropped sweater and nice shoes).

The manager also told us the hours fluctuated a lot during the week. She told us she would get back to us if we got the job. I asked her if I should call inquiring about it and she just laughed and said not to. She also told me I should consider myself lucky for even getting an interview with them.

Interview Question – What is your work experience like?   Answer Question