Aéropostale

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2013.

The interview for Areo was simple, we met at the store and went to the food court for the interview. There was about 5 other applicants. The questions were basic, asking about why we wanted to work there and what we thought of their style..

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

I walked in to apply and turned it in 5 minutes later. I got called for a group interview about 3 weeks later. When I showed up there weren't any questions asked. The manager told us that if we were there, we were already hired and we started filling out the paper work.

Sales Associate Interview

Was given a date and time for a group interview upon turning in my application. Was called back for an individual interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What do their 4 values (integrity, teamwork, respect, compassion) mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT
    Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale.

I called the store to see if they were hiring and they told me to come in and get an application in the store. Moments after picking it up a manager asked me if I could join a group interview the following Monday at 3. I said yes and asked if I should bring a resume, and he said just 2 recommendations with the application! so I went in about 255 on Monday with both in hand and there were three other applicants. Once we all got together we sat in a sitting area in the mall, he asked us our names, what school, grade we are. I was the only one over 18. and our favorite band. it was obvious right then that this job isn't meant for full time, it's perfect for high school students; mainly because the employer mentioned that some people work once a month. so we finished the interview with greeting, questions, an picking one outfit that represented our style.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

The interview process is quite informal, and is held in store. Usually with a group of people - 4-6, with two managers. Different scenarios and questions are asked and discussed. They do not do backfgound or drug tests which is unusual.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

I applied in-person and got a call after about a month. I was asked to come into the store for a group interview the next evening and was told to wear what I thought I would wear on my first day of work. There were five of us being interviewed and we were spit up. I went with two others to the back room where the manager asked us each three questions. It was very casual and relaxed. Once that was finished, we went up to the front and switched with the other group. There, we roll played with the assistant manager. They were a parent shopping for a child or teen and we had to demonstrate our "sales skills". Then, we had to pick out an outfit, male or female, and "sell" it to the assistant manager. It was really relaxed and fun. The two managers explained their dress code and when we should hear from them.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to do a lot of work quickly and it had to be done 100%.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

I dropped off an application and got a call about two weeks later

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

Dropped off completed application and resume. Got a call about 2 weeks later asking for an interview. Was not told it was a group interview but everyone else knew so maybe he just forgot to tell me. Super easy interview. Lasted about an hour. We stood around store, the interviewer asked us about ourselves, asked situational questions, we practiced greeting, folding, etc. Very easy. Got a call a week later saying I got the job. My advice: try to be the first one to answer a question, dress fashionably, speak up, make eye contact, smile alot, shake hands and thank the interviewer at the end.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time when you were working by yourself and faced a challenge. What was the challenge and what steps did you take to overcome it?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in June 2013.

During the interview I was asked why I wanted to work their and my age. After that she just went over a lot of information then we had to act as if we were actually working there. (greeting customers, folding clothes, and working the dressing room).

Minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in June 2013.

Got a callback for an in-person interview about a week after I applied. The interview was with a small group of about four other applicants, right in the store. It was very laid-back, and the questions were easy. I made the mistake of wearing my nose ring to the interview (they don't allow facial piercings), but I made sure to explain that I'd be willing to take it out for the job.