Aéropostale

1.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in December 2012.

I started as a sales associate and my store manager noticed how well I was working and asked me if I was interested in a higher position. She set up my interview with the district manager. I had the interview with the district manager one week after my store manager mentioned the position to me. The interview considered of some questions regarding the position, such as responsibilities and description of the job. We walked around the mall to some of the competitors stores and reviewed their window marketing and discussed how effective it was. She told me that she would contact me later to let me know if I got the job.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about this position? (duties)   View Answer
The district manager contacted me through the phone and made the offer to me. I accepted and started training within a week.

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in October 2010.

My initial communications with the company was the dictrict manager reqruiting me at my at the time current store. I was in a sales lead role with another company and she offered me an interview for Aeropostale the same position. I interviewed with the District Manager in which agreed to let me interview with Trumbull store manager. I interviewed in 15 minutes with the store manager and told him my availabilty. Within 3 days I was called and offered the postion for more pay than my current job. I started 2 weeks after that and started training on black friday.

Sales Lead Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Hiring and interview were both very relaxed. Because I asked for the manager when picking up and dropping off my application and was sure to make a good impression up front, I had an interview two days later and was hired 7 days after applying. The interview itself was somewhat informal with the manager basically reading a list of general and expected questions about how you would handle the job and your familiarity with the company in general.

Interview Questions
    • What ways have you used to motivate employees in the past?   Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in February 2012.

applied for the job online, was contacted within a week. Another week later, I was sitting in my interview with the S.M. of the store i worked at. She liked me and even said she wanted me for the position, but it still took another 2 weeks for a job offer, but at the time my DM didn't have her stuff together.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated on salary, make sure you factor in your commute and what it will cost you in the long run and make sure you're covered on what you need.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in October 2012.

Dress "Aero Cool" so buy a cute outfit from them before. smile a lot and be fun.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like most about Aeropostale?   View Answer

Sales Lead Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in April 2009.

stupid. you sit down with a regional manager who sells you the job, then wants you to sell yourself. now that i look back nothing she really said happened. promised advancement didnt see that! dont even waste your time with this copycat company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in July 2010.

I scheduled a phone interview with the district manager. It was fairly short and to the point. She explained how many hours I would get and things they would expect of me, and asked my availability. I heard back fairly soon afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had a lot to do in little time, and what you did to accomplish everything   Answer Question
    I asked for more and they agreed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in February 2012.

I first applied with Aeropostale back in the summer of 2008. The position was for Sales Associate. The interview was very informal, it basically consisted of me speaking to the store manager at the front of the store. He asked me simple questions such as, "Have you had a job before?" & "When could you start?" I knew someone who was currently working at the store and she had already talked to the store manager about me so that could be why it was so simple. I was given the job.

In May of 2011 I was asked if I was interested in stepping up in the Sales Lead role (which is management). My "interview" for that consisted of the District Manager coming to the store and talked to me about the position and such. I was offered the position and accepted. It was a temporary position while we had an Assistant Manager out on maternity leave. The position lasted four months and then I stepped back down to Sales Associate. In February of 2012, I was offered a permanent promotion back to Sales Lead. There was no interview considering that I had already been in the position before. I am currently still in the position.

The job market has limited my ability to find a job within my college degree so I have been fortunate to continue with Aeropostale. I am currently trying to work my way up to Assistant Manager which is a full time position.

Interview Questions
    • Are you committed to Aeropostale's future?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate for either position. For Sales Associate, I was just glad to get a job so I readily accepted the salary which was minimum wage. For Sales Lead, again I accepted the offer as it was quite generous.