Aéropostale

Updated Apr 28, 2014

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Sales Lead

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in February 2012.

Interview Details – applied for the job online, was contacted within a week. Another week later, I was sitting in my interview with the S.M. of the store i worked at. She liked me and even said she wanted me for the position, but it still took another 2 weeks for a job offer, but at the time my DM didn't have her stuff together.

Interview Question – can't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated on salary, make sure you factor in your commute and what it will cost you in the long run and make sure you're covered on what you need.

Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2012.

Interview Details – Dress "Aero Cool" so buy a cute outfit from them before. smile a lot and be fun.

Interview Question – What do you like most about Aeropostale?   View Answer

Trumbull, CT

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2010.

Interview Details – My initial communications with the company was the dictrict manager reqruiting me at my at the time current store. I was in a sales lead role with another company and she offered me an interview for Aeropostale the same position. I interviewed with the District Manager in which agreed to let me interview with Trumbull store manager. I interviewed in 15 minutes with the store manager and told him my availabilty. Within 3 days I was called and offered the postion for more pay than my current job. I started 2 weeks after that and started training on black friday.

Interview Question – Why Aeropostale?   Answer Question

Sales Lead

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview were both very relaxed. Because I asked for the manager when picking up and dropping off my application and was sure to make a good impression up front, I had an interview two days later and was hired 7 days after applying. The interview itself was somewhat informal with the manager basically reading a list of general and expected questions about how you would handle the job and your familiarity with the company in general.

Interview Question – What ways have you used to motivate employees in the past?   Answer Question

Sales Lead

The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in April 2009.

Interview Details – stupid. you sit down with a regional manager who sells you the job, then wants you to sell yourself. now that i look back nothing she really said happened. promised advancement didnt see that! dont even waste your time with this copycat company.

Interview Question – why should we hire you   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in February 2012.

Interview Details – I first applied with Aeropostale back in the summer of 2008. The position was for Sales Associate. The interview was very informal, it basically consisted of me speaking to the store manager at the front of the store. He asked me simple questions such as, "Have you had a job before?" & "When could you start?" I knew someone who was currently working at the store and she had already talked to the store manager about me so that could be why it was so simple. I was given the job.

In May of 2011 I was asked if I was interested in stepping up in the Sales Lead role (which is management). My "interview" for that consisted of the District Manager coming to the store and talked to me about the position and such. I was offered the position and accepted. It was a temporary position while we had an Assistant Manager out on maternity leave. The position lasted four months and then I stepped back down to Sales Associate. In February of 2012, I was offered a permanent promotion back to Sales Lead. There was no interview considering that I had already been in the position before. I am currently still in the position.

The job market has limited my ability to find a job within my college degree so I have been fortunate to continue with Aeropostale. I am currently trying to work my way up to Assistant Manager which is a full time position.

Interview Question – Are you committed to Aeropostale's future?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate for either position. For Sales Associate, I was just glad to get a job so I readily accepted the salary which was minimum wage. For Sales Lead, again I accepted the offer as it was quite generous.

San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2010.

Interview Details – I scheduled a phone interview with the district manager. It was fairly short and to the point. She explained how many hours I would get and things they would expect of me, and asked my availability. I heard back fairly soon afterwards.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had a lot to do in little time, and what you did to accomplish everything   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more and they agreed.

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!