A.C. Moore Interview Questions

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scranton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at A.C. Moore.

saw help wanted sign, submitted application and followed up a week later, interviewed with general manager. he asked very good questions about former employment and how i would handle certain situations if i were to accept the job. he was also very willing to make accommodations around my school schedule

Interview Questions
    • What was one thing you disliked about your previous job?   Answer Question

Cashier/Custom Framer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at A.C. Moore in August 2014.

Applied on the company website after searching for positions. I sent my resume and cover letter and in a few days I heard back from the assistant store manager. He asked which position I would be interested in. The interview was very basic but pleasant and lasted only about a half hour.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult for me, but I have a background in art and framing so I had a huge advantage. Interview took place in back office of store. Some questions I remember:

Full or part time? Which position (if you're like me and qualify for several available ones)?
      Why A.C. Moore?
      What skills / abilities can you bring to the table? How would you use them?
        Answer Question

Sales-Stocking, Cashier, Customer Service Interview

Very easy, more like a chat than an interview. Very laid back pleasant experience. Not stressful at all like some companies. Application taken and was talked to on the spot. Said they would call within a week and they did.

Interview Questions

Better pay closer to home.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at A.C. Moore.

I applied in April of 2013; got a call from the manager in May and started working in June. The interview was fairly easy he was reading them off a page. If you have flexible hours they will hire you in a heartbeat. The questions were very standard; "Why do you want to work for AC Moore?" "Are you interested in arts and crafts?" etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hagerstown, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at A.C. Moore in October 2011.

I applied, They called to set up a time, I went in, It took an hour theres abouts. I went over the handbook. Watched a video on the company. We went over some policies in the hand book. We went over the job role. Everyone was really nice. I was the easiest interview I have taken.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiating. They pay one flat rate whether you have experience or not. It is discouraging to find out that you are worth the same as someone with no work history.

Custom Framing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at A.C. Moore in June 2013.

I was contacted by phone after I had applied online. I had only one interview for the position. I met with the store manager in the office. He was very pleasant. The interview lasted maybe a half hour to forty-five minutes. By the end of the interview I was offered a job.

Custom Framing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yorktown, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yorktown, IN

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at A.C. Moore.

There was a short interview and an unnecessary math test, at least in my estimation. I had been a framer for many years and the questions were "silly". I was well qualified for the job, but it took the manager over a month to get back to me.

There were no negotiations

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyannis, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyannis, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at A.C. Moore in November 2012.

It only took about a day to three till I got a call back about my application. I went in and was sat down in the backroomours and was asked a bunch of questions and was told a bit about the company.
    Orientation took about three hours which was filled with a lot of paper work and more about the company along with policies and what they expect from their workers

No negotiation our starting pay was 8.50. And if they decided to keep you on after the holiday season it would be jumped up to 8.75

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at A.C. Moore in September 2011.

Called the day I submitted my application. Interview was really just to make sure that I could speak English.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult or challenging customer service experience you have had.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at A.C. Moore.

If your resume makes the cut through corporate, the store management will look over your resume and call you for an interview if they are interested. Only one interview. A generic checklist of questions that the manager reads off of. Takes only 10-15 minutes. You're told at the end of the interview if you have the job, if not they'll tell you that "you'll be contacted later" If you do have the job, you'll be given directions to complete a background check online.

Interview Questions
    Accept this pay rate and that's all we can give you.

Worked for A.C. Moore? Contribute to the Community!