A.C. Moore

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier/Custom Framer Interview

Cashier/Custom Framer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at A.C. Moore in August 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on the company website after searching for positions. I sent my resume and cover letter and in a few days I heard back from the assistant store manager. He asked which position I would be interested in. The interview was very basic but pleasant and lasted only about a half hour.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult for me, but I have a background in art and framing so I had a huge advantage. Interview took place in back office of store. Some questions I remember:

Full or part time? Which position (if you're like me and qualify for several available ones)?
Why A.C. Moore?
What skills / abilities can you bring to the table? How would you use them?
  Answer Question

Sales-Stocking, Cashier, Customer Service Interview

Sales-Stocking, Cashier, Customer Service

Interviewed at A.C. Moore

Interview Details – Very easy, more like a chat than an interview. Very laid back pleasant experience. Not stressful at all like some companies. Application taken and was talked to on the spot. Said they would call within a week and they did.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in a year   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better pay closer to home.

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at A.C. Moore.

Interview Details – I applied in April of 2013; got a call from the manager in May and started working in June. The interview was fairly easy he was reading them off a page. If you have flexible hours they will hire you in a heartbeat. The questions were very standard; "Why do you want to work for AC Moore?" "Are you interested in arts and crafts?" etc.

Interview Question – They were all very easy and standard.   Answer Question

Hagerstown, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at A.C. Moore in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied, They called to set up a time, I went in, It took an hour theres abouts. I went over the handbook. Watched a video on the company. We went over some policies in the hand book. We went over the job role. Everyone was really nice. I was the easiest interview I have taken.

Interview Question – What hours can you work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating. They pay one flat rate whether you have experience or not. It is discouraging to find out that you are worth the same as someone with no work history.

Custom Framing Specialist Interview

Custom Framing Specialist
Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at A.C. Moore in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone after I had applied online. I had only one interview for the position. I met with the store manager in the office. He was very pleasant. The interview lasted maybe a half hour to forty-five minutes. By the end of the interview I was offered a job.

Custom Framing Specialist Interview

Custom Framing Specialist
Yorktown, IN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at A.C. Moore.

Interview Details – There was a short interview and an unnecessary math test, at least in my estimation. I had been a framer for many years and the questions were "silly". I was well qualified for the job, but it took the manager over a month to get back to me.

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations

Hyannis, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at A.C. Moore in November 2012.

Interview Details – It only took about a day to three till I got a call back about my application. I went in and was sat down in the backroomours and was asked a bunch of questions and was told a bit about the company.
Orientation took about three hours which was filled with a lot of paper work and more about the company along with policies and what they expect from their workers

Negotiation Details – No negotiation our starting pay was 8.50. And if they decided to keep you on after the holiday season it would be jumped up to 8.75

Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at A.C. Moore in September 2011.

Interview Details – Called the day I submitted my application. Interview was really just to make sure that I could speak English.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult or challenging customer service experience you have had.   Answer Question

Worcester, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at A.C. Moore.

Interview Details – If your resume makes the cut through corporate, the store management will look over your resume and call you for an interview if they are interested. Only one interview. A generic checklist of questions that the manager reads off of. Takes only 10-15 minutes. You're told at the end of the interview if you have the job, if not they'll tell you that "you'll be contacted later" If you do have the job, you'll be given directions to complete a background check online.

Interview Question – They are all relatively easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accept this pay rate and that's all we can give you.

Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at A.C. Moore in January 2012.

Interview Details – I did an online application after seeing a hiring sign on the front door. My interview was easy--typical questions like what are some responsibilities I've had at other jobs, things that show your character, what art projects do I like to work on, etc. No one called me afterwards so I called the store myself and was told I'd get a call back. I never did so I called a few more times until I got the job.

Negotiation Details – The store manager said he didn't want to hire me but was going to because the assistant manager (who did my interview) liked me. He said he was paying me 8.50 because that's what I made at my previous job and I didn't have enough experience (I had worked two retail jobs previously).

Worked for A.C. Moore? Contribute to the Community!