A.C. Moore Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at A.C. Moore in May 2015.

Interview

Filled out an application and dropped it off at the store in person. Got a call the next day and was asked to explain my work experience a bit more in depth. Asked about how many hours I would be willing to work. They asked me to come in for an interview the next day.

Actual interview was formal but relaxed. Interviewer read to me a brief description of the company including some pros and cons of being an employee with A.C. Moore. Then we moved onto the questions--all very standard ones read from a booklet. Was told how to fill out a background check application online. The next week got a call back with an offer and accepted.

If you can work a lot of hours that's a definite plus in their view.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake in your personal life or at work. What did you do to correct it?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at A.C. Moore.

Interview

It was a very straight forward process. They called me after reviewing my application to schedule an interview at the store I applied for. On the day of the interview, they had told me to meet with a person who was not there. Another manager took over my interview. They asked about past experience and how that would help me in the store. He said they'd run a background check before giving me the job, so I came back in a few days after taking an assessment online and they offered me a position.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at A.C. Moore.

Interview

The interview process was simple but drawn out. Went through 2 phone interviews (both with the same corporate recruiter) followed by an interview with the GM and then another interview with the DM because he was on vacation at the time of the GM interview (they are supposed to be at the same time). Entire process took over a month from application to first day on the job.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when...."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations needed, they offered far above what I had expected

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very unprofessional. I scheduled an interview over the phone and when I went in the day of the interview the manager had no idea I was coming. The interview consisted of one question: "Why do you want to work here?" I was offered the job and was told to do a background check, however I never accepted. A few days later, I got a call asking what time I was coming in to work that day. I declined the job.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at A.C. Moore in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty average, asking the usual questions such as "tell me about yourself" and "what are your strengths and weaknesses?" I found that it was difficult to explain my "artistic" qualities in words, mainly because I am not artsy with my hands, but with a camera. The interviewer was very dull and did not seem to have much interest in what I had to say, but that could be a problem at the location. The interview was at most 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies that are related the position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A.C. Moore (Danvers, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted the application online and got a call the next day. The interview happened the next day and they hired me on the spot and then I called after a week of not hearing back and it seems the hiring manager had just been busy.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at A.C. Moore.

Interview

Was not what I thought. Was instructed to make a wreath and a centerpiece at the interview. Manager did not ask me any information about my background or previous employment.

Interview Questions

• To actually make two projects in a small amount of time right there on the spot at the interview.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at A.C. Moore (Paramus, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

They were hiring so there was not much of a process. A manager sat us down and explained the rules and pay and what to wear. They did a background check and for back to me with a phone call within about a week or so.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A.C. Moore (Scranton, PA).

Interview

saw help wanted sign, submitted application and followed up a week later, interviewed with general manager. he asked very good questions about former employment and how i would handle certain situations if i were to accept the job. he was also very willing to make accommodations around my school schedule

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you disliked about your previous job?   Answer Question

Sales-Stocking, Cashier, Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at A.C. Moore (Richmond, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was encouraged to fill out an application and interview on the spot. Interview was fairly basic with the exception of a few scripted questions. Hiring manager was professional and made me feel confident in my choice to apply with the company. I was told that the management and coworkers were like family and treated each other well. I felt that my interviewer was 100% honest about my pay, possibility of benefits and over all job duties and policies.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any difficult questions. The questions only seem difficult because you are in an interview and feel put on the spot. Example: what does good customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay is decided by corporate after the job offer is made. There are different rates of pay for every position in the store. I didn't expect a big pay rate for the sales associate position. I accepted the job expecting minimum wage to later find out that i was offered more.