A.C. Moore

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.1

Assistant General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at A.C. Moore.

The interview process was simple but drawn out. Went through 2 phone interviews (both with the same corporate recruiter) followed by an interview with the GM and then another interview with the DM because he was on vacation at the time of the GM interview (they are supposed to be at the same time). Entire process took over a month from application to first day on the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations needed, they offered far above what I had expected

Sales Associate Interview

Very unprofessional. I scheduled an interview over the phone and when I went in the day of the interview the manager had no idea I was coming. The interview consisted of one question: "Why do you want to work here?" I was offered the job and was told to do a background check, however I never accepted. A few days later, I got a call asking what time I was coming in to work that day. I declined the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at A.C. Moore.

Was not what I thought. Was instructed to make a wreath and a centerpiece at the interview. Manager did not ask me any information about my background or previous employment.

Interview Questions
    • To actually make two projects in a small amount of time right there on the spot at the interview.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A.C. Moore.

saw help wanted sign, submitted application and followed up a week later, interviewed with general manager. he asked very good questions about former employment and how i would handle certain situations if i were to accept the job. he was also very willing to make accommodations around my school schedule

Interview Questions
    • What was one thing you disliked about your previous job?   Answer Question

Sales-Stocking, Cashier, Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at A.C. Moore in August 2014.

I was encouraged to fill out an application and interview on the spot. Interview was fairly basic with the exception of a few scripted questions. Hiring manager was professional and made me feel confident in my choice to apply with the company. I was told that the management and coworkers were like family and treated each other well. I felt that my interviewer was 100% honest about my pay, possibility of benefits and over all job duties and policies.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. The questions only seem difficult because you are in an interview and feel put on the spot. Example: what does good customer service mean to you?   View Answer
    The pay is decided by corporate after the job offer is made. There are different rates of pay for every position in the store. I didn't expect a big pay rate for the sales associate position. I accepted the job expecting minimum wage to later find out that i was offered more.

Cashier/Custom Framer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at A.C. Moore in August 2014.

Applied on the company website after searching for positions. I sent my resume and cover letter and in a few days I heard back from the assistant store manager. He asked which position I would be interested in. The interview was very basic but pleasant and lasted only about a half hour.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult for me, but I have a background in art and framing so I had a huge advantage. Interview took place in back office of store. Some questions I remember:

Full or part time? Which position (if you're like me and qualify for several available ones)?
      Why A.C. Moore?
      What skills / abilities can you bring to the table? How would you use them?

Answer Question

Sales-Stocking, Cashier, Customer Service Interview

Very easy, more like a chat than an interview. Very laid back pleasant experience. Not stressful at all like some companies. Application taken and was talked to on the spot. Said they would call within a week and they did.

Interview Questions

Better pay closer to home.

Project Planning Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Berlin, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at A.C. Moore in June 2014.

Applied online and got an email asking me for phone interview after a day, then went in for a personal interview after I passed the phone interview. There was a lot of explanation I received about the position and the company and it took up most of my time. Personally, I think that I was not offered the job because I just graduated from college which is discrimination for me.

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of questions asked about the position. 2 people interviewed me and lasted for about an hour and a half.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at A.C. Moore.

I applied in April of 2013; got a call from the manager in May and started working in June. The interview was fairly easy he was reading them off a page. If you have flexible hours they will hire you in a heartbeat. The questions were very standard; "Why do you want to work for AC Moore?" "Are you interested in arts and crafts?" etc.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at A.C. Moore in March 2014.

As a promoted associate, the interview was decently light-hearted but STAY HONEST. The questions are pretty non-threatening and generic. "Tell me a time about when you provided good customer service..." What makes you unique is stressing organizational skills, task orientating, time management skills, and of course an analytical thought process in any example that you give.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me a time when you made a mistake at work or school, what was it and how did you learn from it"   View Answer