A.M. Best

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Associate Editor Interview

Senior Associate Editor

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at A.M. Best.

Interview Details – The interview lasted more than four hours and included a writing/editing test. It was a grueling process, as I was interviewed by five different people for an hour or more at a time, each asking fairly similar questions. It did give me a pretty good indication that they were interested in me. It did not in any way give me a clue as to the company's culture or expectations, however.

Interview Question – After repeatedly offering 'my greatest accomplishments' over four long hours, my final question was: What is your greatest accomplishment? Was someone not listening? Had I been making this all up?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more money; they called back with a second offer and I accepted. Had I known what the company was like I would have asked for time off or paid travel expenses.

Statistical Analyst Interview

Statistical Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at A.M. Best in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through a recruitment agency who dealt with all the communications between me and the company. CV forwarded to them and then requested to come in for an interview. Had 2 one-to-one interviews, one with HR manager and the other one with the Line manager. I didnt spend much time in reception as I was called in to commence the interview shortly as I arrived but they had a nice, friendly and sophisticated environment. People were friendly and interested in whatever you had to say.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company. What do we do?   Answer Question
  • Why are you interested in this particular field.   Answer Question
  • Various competancy questions such as teamwork, dealing with pressure, meetings targets etc and what would your previous employer say about you   Answer Question

Worked for A.M. Best? Contribute to the Community!