A. O. Smith Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at A. O. Smith

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A. O. Smith (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I interviewed with multiple HR individuals in the Milwaukee office. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly. They were subject matter experts and it was great to hear their insights about each of their respective areas within the organization. The position seemed like a great role with a lot of cross-training opportunities.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A. O. Smith.

Interview

Initially consisted of phone interview with a talent finder. I had a very short interview on the phone with the plant manager who set up an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of about 20 mins. conversation with the plant manager before a plant tour/question session with manufacturing engineering dept. manager. I don't remember specific questions (I mainly tried to sell them on me). After the in-person interview I received another call from the talent finder, who wanted to arrange a very brief phone interview with someone from human resource at the corporate level. I was given a job offer about 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any questions. The whole experience was very laid back.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The talent finder asked me what I expected for compensation. The offer was exactly what I asked for. Retirement options are standard for all salary employees. They offer an annual bonus that I was not expecting.

Finance Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at A. O. Smith in October 2013.

Interview

Upon submitting a resume they are very efficient at getting back to you in order to set up a time to interview. The HR manager arranged for me to meet with the hiring manager in that department along with someone doing the same work as the open position. During the interview they focused mostly on my ability for the position and what my future plans were.