A Place for Mom

2.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at A Place for Mom in June 2010.

Hiring process was done completly over the phone. They reviewed my resume did a little bit of role playing to see if I was knowledgeable enough to advise families on senior care options.

Interview Questions
  • Descripe how you would be able to help families   View Answer
Not able to negotiate. There are no options.

Other Interview Reviews for A Place for Mom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at A Place for Mom in June 2008.

Two Phone Interviews. The first was with an HR person, and the second was with a member of field management.
    The HR person gave me inaccurate salary information.
    The 2nd person didn't give me much info at all. She gave me a little knowledge about the industry, a 50 thousand foot view about the duties of the job, and was very guarded about details.
    That was it. I was hired and scheduled for training in Seattle.
    The training was 4 or 5 days, and was really just a skeleton of information which would need to be filled in OJT/under fire.
    There were several weeks of conference calls with a teacher and the class which helped.

Interview Questions
    • How many nickels would it take to equal the Empire State Building's height?   View Answer
    No opportunity for negotiation, as everyone was paid the same (they said).

Elder Care Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at A Place for Mom in January 2011.

Phone interviews, several, with questions to determine your understanding of the sales process.

Interview Questions
    • Several open-ended questions that were not difficult the key unexpected was role playing as though I were already an EA talking to a potential client..   Answer Question
    There is zero negotiation regardless of your experieince in sales, all new EA's are offered the same $1700 per month DRAW against COMMISSION. You're told that it will take upwards of 3-6 months to get out of teh draw, but having spoken with several EA's who have one or more years tenure, this is not the case.

Elder Care Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at A Place for Mom in February 2010.

2 phone interviews then a job offer