A Place for Mom

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at A Place for Mom in June 2008.

Interview Details – Two Phone Interviews. The first was with an HR person, and the second was with a member of field management.
The HR person gave me inaccurate salary information.
The 2nd person didn't give me much info at all. She gave me a little knowledge about the industry, a 50 thousand foot view about the duties of the job, and was very guarded about details.
That was it. I was hired and scheduled for training in Seattle.
The training was 4 or 5 days, and was really just a skeleton of information which would need to be filled in OJT/under fire.
There were several weeks of conference calls with a teacher and the class which helped.

Interview Question – How many nickels would it take to equal the Empire State Building's height?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No opportunity for negotiation, as everyone was paid the same (they said).

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at A Place for Mom in June 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was done completly over the phone. They reviewed my resume did a little bit of role playing to see if I was knowledgeable enough to advise families on senior care options.

Interview Question – Descripe how you would be able to help families   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. There are no options.

Elder Care Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at A Place for Mom in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interviews, several, with questions to determine your understanding of the sales process.

Interview Question – Several open-ended questions that were not difficult the key unexpected was role playing as though I were already an EA talking to a potential client..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is zero negotiation regardless of your experieince in sales, all new EA's are offered the same $1700 per month DRAW against COMMISSION. You're told that it will take upwards of 3-6 months to get out of teh draw, but having spoken with several EA's who have one or more years tenure, this is not the case.

Very Easy Interview

Elder Care Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at A Place for Mom in February 2010.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews then a job offer

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Worked for A Place for Mom? Contribute to the Community!