A Place for Mom Elder Care Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at A Place for Mom (Columbus, OH) in June 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was done completly over the phone. They reviewed my resume did a little bit of role playing to see if I was knowledgeable enough to advise families on senior care options.

Interview Questions

• Descripe how you would be able to help families   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. There are no options.

Other Interview Reviews for A Place for Mom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at A Place for Mom (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2008.

Interview

Two Phone Interviews. The first was with an HR person, and the second was with a member of field management. The HR person gave me inaccurate salary information. The 2nd person didn't give me much info at all. She gave me a little knowledge about the industry, a 50 thousand foot view about the duties of the job, and was very guarded about details. That was it. I was hired and scheduled for training in Seattle. The training was 4 or 5 days, and was really just a skeleton of information which would need to be filled in OJT/under fire. There were several weeks of conference calls with a teacher and the class which helped.

Interview Questions

• How many nickels would it take to equal the Empire State Building's height?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No opportunity for negotiation, as everyone was paid the same (they said).

Elder Care Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at A Place for Mom (Ban Phone Savang (Laos)).

Interview

Called by phone Asked a few scenarios. Went to Seattle a few weeks later With 30 other for training. Lots of information and homework. Treated us very well though just hit me there are only 2 of us left!

Interview Questions

• what would you do if your computer wasn't working?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Elder Care Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at A Place for Mom in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interviews, several, with questions to determine your understanding of the sales process.

Interview Questions

• Several open-ended questions that were not difficult the key unexpected was role playing as though I were already an EA talking to a potential client..   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is zero negotiation regardless of your experieince in sales, all new EA's are offered the same $1700 per month DRAW against COMMISSION. You're told that it will take upwards of 3-6 months to get out of teh draw, but having spoken with several EA's who have one or more years tenure, this is not the case.

Elder Care Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at A Place for Mom in February 2010.

Interview

2 phone interviews then a job offer