A Place for Mom

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Elder Care Resource Coordinator Interview

Elder Care Resource Coordinator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at A Place for Mom.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very straight forward and very fast. The were hiring for a new department, interviewed and completed, assessment.

Interview Question – Explaining my applicable experience   Answer Question

Reporting Analyst Interview

Reporting Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied online and interviewed at A Place for Mom.

Interview Details – Applied online and had a pleasant 30 minute phone interview in which I was asked about my past work experience and was told a little bit about the position. Was brought in the following week for an in-person interview. One look at the interviewer and I knew I wasn't getting the job. I ended up interviewing with a "bro" who decided to take it upon himself to ask a bunch of challenge "game theory" questions that had nothing to do with the position at hand. Was probably looking to hire a woman or another bro like himself. Not at all what I was expecting.

Interview Question – "Estimate how many people watched football this week off the top of your head."   Answer Question

Senior Care Resource Coordinator Interview

Senior Care Resource Coordinator

Interviewed at A Place for Mom

Interview Details – The interview process was very casual. They called me and said they needed one more person for the training class the next day, and that they wanted to interview me that day. I said I couldn't make it in person but asked I could do a phone interview. They actually agreed and gave me a short, softball type interview for the position and I was told I was hired immediately after the interview.

Interview Question – This is a call center position involving a lot of sensitive situations. If you believed you were speaking with a suicidal client, what would you do?   View Answer

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at A Place for Mom in June 2008.

Interview Details – Two Phone Interviews. The first was with an HR person, and the second was with a member of field management.
The HR person gave me inaccurate salary information.
The 2nd person didn't give me much info at all. She gave me a little knowledge about the industry, a 50 thousand foot view about the duties of the job, and was very guarded about details.
That was it. I was hired and scheduled for training in Seattle.
The training was 4 or 5 days, and was really just a skeleton of information which would need to be filled in OJT/under fire.
There were several weeks of conference calls with a teacher and the class which helped.

Interview Question – How many nickels would it take to equal the Empire State Building's height?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No opportunity for negotiation, as everyone was paid the same (they said).

Senior Resource Coordinator Interview

Senior Resource Coordinator
Seattle, WA

I applied online and interviewed at A Place for Mom.

Interview Details – HR generally does a phone interview or two, followed usually by an in-person interview at the corporate offices. The phone interview and follow-up in person interviews are the usual interview questions you would be asked in a call-center setting, especially one dealing with senior related topics. Most of the interview questions are pretty generic scenario-related.

Interview Question – They ask the usual generic 'what if'' scenario questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR called over the phone and then sent acceptance letter by email that needed to be signed and returend. Somewhat formal.

Very Easy Interview

Family Counselor Interview

Family Counselor
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at A Place for Mom in June 2008.

Interview Details – Phone Interview process

Negotiation Details – no negotiating

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at A Place for Mom in June 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was done completly over the phone. They reviewed my resume did a little bit of role playing to see if I was knowledgeable enough to advise families on senior care options.

Interview Question – Descripe how you would be able to help families   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. There are no options.

Senior Family Advisor Interview

Senior Family Advisor
South Bend, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at A Place for Mom in August 2009.

Interview Details – My interviewer set the phone appt and told me to be ready to ask any questions up front.
I asked several questions and was immediately told by the interviewer "It doesn't sound like you are convinced that this is the job/co for you. Do some more research and call me back if you decide that we are what you are looking for"

What? Before I even interview, I must decide that this 100% commission job is for me? I thought the interview process was for BOTH the employer and employee to learn more about each other.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions about us?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at A Place for Mom in November 2011.

Interview Details – Great, open and on top of getting people in the door to interview!

Interview Question – There was not one question that I could consider unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Elder Care Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at A Place for Mom in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interviews, several, with questions to determine your understanding of the sales process.

Interview Question – Several open-ended questions that were not difficult the key unexpected was role playing as though I were already an EA talking to a potential client..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is zero negotiation regardless of your experieince in sales, all new EA's are offered the same $1700 per month DRAW against COMMISSION. You're told that it will take upwards of 3-6 months to get out of teh draw, but having spoken with several EA's who have one or more years tenure, this is not the case.

Worked for A Place for Mom? Contribute to the Community!