A Place for Mom Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.3

SLA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A Place for Mom.

Interview

Their was a phone interview and skype interview. During the skype interview we went through my experience and sales background. It was not a long interview and I found I got the job a few days later.

Senior Living Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A Place for Mom.

Interview

I personally did not find the process difficult but I was hired years ago. I knew on the vary first call with the recruiter that I was going to get the offer. I think it's a little different now. I believe there are several calls including with management and now they do video interviews where before it was all phone.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you would need to do to be successful?   1 Answer

Negotiation

At the time I was hired the job was straight commission.

Senior Living Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at A Place for Mom.

Interview

3 phone interviews-promised I would make much more than I have altough I have brought in about 6.5 million in revenue while I have been employed with them, I was promised work life balance but there is none they want me to work 7 days a week and to volunteer on holidays when the corporate office is closed.

Interview Questions

• they asked me about my family life   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was none , it was take it or leave it

Elder Care Resource Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A Place for Mom.

Interview

Hiring process was very straight forward and very fast. The were hiring for a new department, interviewed and completed, assessment.

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A Place for Mom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online and had a pleasant 30 minute phone interview in which I was asked about my past work experience and was told a little bit about the position. Was brought in the following week for an in-person interview. One look at the interviewer and I knew I wasn't getting the job. I ended up interviewing with a "bro" who decided to take it upon himself to ask a bunch of challenge "game theory" questions that had nothing to do with the position at hand. Was probably looking to hire a woman or another bro like himself. Not at all what I was expecting.

Interview Questions

• "Estimate how many people watched football this week off the top of your head."   Answer Question

Senior Care Resource Coordinator Interview

Interview

The interview process was very casual. They called me and said they needed one more person for the training class the next day, and that they wanted to interview me that day. I said I couldn't make it in person but asked I could do a phone interview. They actually agreed and gave me a short, softball type interview for the position and I was told I was hired immediately after the interview.

Interview Questions

• This is a call center position involving a lot of sensitive situations. If you believed you were speaking with a suicidal client, what would you do?   1 Answer

Senior Resource Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A Place for Mom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

HR generally does a phone interview or two, followed usually by an in-person interview at the corporate offices. The phone interview and follow-up in person interviews are the usual interview questions you would be asked in a call-center setting, especially one dealing with senior related topics. Most of the interview questions are pretty generic scenario-related.

Interview Questions

• They ask the usual generic 'what if'' scenario questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR called over the phone and then sent acceptance letter by email that needed to be signed and returend. Somewhat formal.

Elder Care Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at A Place for Mom (Columbus, OH) in June 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was done completly over the phone. They reviewed my resume did a little bit of role playing to see if I was knowledgeable enough to advise families on senior care options.

Interview Questions

• Descripe how you would be able to help families   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. There are no options.

Senior Family Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A Place for Mom (South Bend, IN) in August 2009.

Interview

My interviewer set the phone appt and told me to be ready to ask any questions up front. I asked several questions and was immediately told by the interviewer "It doesn't sound like you are convinced that this is the job/co for you. Do some more research and call me back if you decide that we are what you are looking for" What? Before I even interview, I must decide that this 100% commission job is for me? I thought the interview process was for BOTH the employer and employee to learn more about each other.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about us?   1 Answer

Family Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A Place for Mom (Seattle, WA) in June 2008.

Interview

Phone Interview process

Negotiation

no negotiating