A Place for Mom Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2014
Updated May 3, 2014

2.3

Elder Care Resource Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at A Place for Mom.

Hiring process was very straight forward and very fast. The were hiring for a new department, interviewed and completed, assessment.

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online - interviewed at A Place for Mom.

Applied online and had a pleasant 30 minute phone interview in which I was asked about my past work experience and was told a little bit about the position. Was brought in the following week for an in-person interview. One look at the interviewer and I knew I wasn't getting the job. I ended up interviewing with a "bro" who decided to take it upon himself to ask a bunch of challenge "game theory" questions that had nothing to do with the position at hand. Was probably looking to hire a woman or another bro like himself. Not at all what I was expecting.

Interview Questions
    • "Estimate how many people watched football this week off the top of your head."   Answer Question

Senior Care Resource Coordinator Interview

The interview process was very casual. They called me and said they needed one more person for the training class the next day, and that they wanted to interview me that day. I said I couldn't make it in person but asked I could do a phone interview. They actually agreed and gave me a short, softball type interview for the position and I was told I was hired immediately after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • This is a call center position involving a lot of sensitive situations. If you believed you were speaking with a suicidal client, what would you do?   View Answer

Senior Resource Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online - interviewed at A Place for Mom.

HR generally does a phone interview or two, followed usually by an in-person interview at the corporate offices. The phone interview and follow-up in person interviews are the usual interview questions you would be asked in a call-center setting, especially one dealing with senior related topics. Most of the interview questions are pretty generic scenario-related.

Interview Questions
    • They ask the usual generic 'what if'' scenario questions.   Answer Question
    HR called over the phone and then sent acceptance letter by email that needed to be signed and returend. Somewhat formal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at A Place for Mom in June 2010.

Hiring process was done completly over the phone. They reviewed my resume did a little bit of role playing to see if I was knowledgeable enough to advise families on senior care options.

Interview Questions
    • Descripe how you would be able to help families   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate. There are no options.

Senior Family Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at A Place for Mom in August 2009.

My interviewer set the phone appt and told me to be ready to ask any questions up front.
    I asked several questions and was immediately told by the interviewer "It doesn't sound like you are convinced that this is the job/co for you. Do some more research and call me back if you decide that we are what you are looking for"

What? Before I even interview, I must decide that this 100% commission job is for me? I thought the interview process was for BOTH the employer and employee to learn more about each other.

Family Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at A Place for Mom in June 2008.

Phone Interview process

no negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at A Place for Mom in June 2008.

Two Phone Interviews. The first was with an HR person, and the second was with a member of field management.
    The HR person gave me inaccurate salary information.
    The 2nd person didn't give me much info at all. She gave me a little knowledge about the industry, a 50 thousand foot view about the duties of the job, and was very guarded about details.
    That was it. I was hired and scheduled for training in Seattle.
    The training was 4 or 5 days, and was really just a skeleton of information which would need to be filled in OJT/under fire.
    There were several weeks of conference calls with a teacher and the class which helped.

Interview Questions
    • How many nickels would it take to equal the Empire State Building's height?   View Answer
    No opportunity for negotiation, as everyone was paid the same (they said).

Marketing Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at A Place for Mom in November 2011.

Great, open and on top of getting people in the door to interview!

Interview Questions
    • There was not one question that I could consider unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Elder Care Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at A Place for Mom in January 2011.

Phone interviews, several, with questions to determine your understanding of the sales process.

Interview Questions
    • Several open-ended questions that were not difficult the key unexpected was role playing as though I were already an EA talking to a potential client..   Answer Question
    There is zero negotiation regardless of your experieince in sales, all new EA's are offered the same $1700 per month DRAW against COMMISSION. You're told that it will take upwards of 3-6 months to get out of teh draw, but having spoken with several EA's who have one or more years tenure, this is not the case.

Worked for A Place for Mom? Contribute to the Community!