Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at A*Star
- Research Fellow (5)
- Research Officer (5)
- Senior Officer (3)
- Intern (2)
- Administrative Officer (1)
- Internship (1)
- Senior Software Analyst (1)
- Senior Executive Assistant (1)
- Summer Internship (1)
- Scientist (1)
- Scientist II (1)
- Research Scientist (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Research Associate (1)
- Development Scientist (1)
- Post Doctoral Research Fellow (1)
- Attachment Student In A-STAR (1)
- Lab Officer (1)
- Senior Officer (A*STAR Graduate Academy) (1)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at A*Star (Buona Vista (Singapore)).
The entire interview process for the first round involves 2 phases - 2 HR staff interviewing you, then you proceed to write an essay. If you get through the first round, you'll proceed on to a final round. You should have a sound knowledge about A*STAR. Why you want the job... nothing too difficult, just the usual questions.
- Why do you want this job when your degree is irrelevant to this position? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A*Star (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2015.
First out of three rounds with a manager from the HR department. The company was efficient and quick in replying to application, and had offered me an interview within 24hours. Interviewer was cordial and took time to explain the organisation and culture of A*Star. I had to write an essay after my interview as well.
- Would you be comfortable working in an all-female environment? Answer Question
- Give me three words to describe yourself Answer Question
- Essay: Prompt was given in the form of a A*Star HR advertisement. I was asked what did it mean to be a "Futurist, Strategist and Activist" as stated in the copy of those ads. Answer Question
- What do you know about A*Star and the Graduate Academy? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at A*Star in June 2015.
Good experience. Face to face interview with your reporting officer. Friendly Interviewer. They will ask about introduction and your project and some technical problems. Nothing difficult I think. Second round phone interview.
- Technical questions Answer Question
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at A*Star (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2015.
Applied online, got a call a week later. Had an interview with the head scientist. Was asked the standard interview questions (describe your strengths, why do you want to join this lab, and etc.) and also what I did in university that was relevant to the focus of the research group. Overall it was pleasant.
- Why do you want to join this lab? Answer Question
Helpful (4)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A*Star.
Face-to-face interview with your reporting officer and Head, then phone interview with HR. Not much Q&As for face to face interview. The interviewers use the time to explain to you what is the job about and what is expected from you. For phone interview, HR ask questions like hobbies, your strengths & weaknesses. Typical qns.
I did not negotiate as I joined as a fresh graduate. But I heard that you can try negotiating if you have good reasons.
Helpful (3)Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A*Star.
Good experience, if your profile match, sure they will take you in. Mainly they ask out background and projects. But it's good experience in interview, however the process is very slow.
- Tell us about your self and background Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Helpful (3)Declined Offer
_ A panel of interviewers including male and female researchers _ They are nice
- So you're more interested in the humanities? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at A*Star (Singapore (Singapore)).
Standard interview questions like introduce yourself, your project and what do you see yourself 5 years down the road. Nothing difficult I think.
- Accepted Offer
Submitted CV, and 2 reference letters. need to have 1 phone interview, and 1 on site inverview or 1 more phone interview.
Helpful (3)Accepted Offer
interview was very easy going
there was no room for negotiation. packages are standard for everyone
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review