A*Star

Very Easy Interview

Research Officer Interview

Research Officer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online - interviewed at A*Star in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was a slow wait, HR promised to reply by certain date but kept delaying

Interview Question – Whats your worst weakness   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

Interviewed at A*Star

Interview Details – _ A panel of interviewers including male and female researchers
_ They are nice

Interview Question – So you're more interested in the humanities?   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at A*Star.

Interview Details – Standard interview questions like introduce yourself, your project and what do you see yourself 5 years down the road. Nothing difficult I think.

Senior Software Analyst Interview

Senior Software Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at A*Star in December 2011.

Interview Details – The actual interview process was pretty decent--a Skype interview (since I was interviewing from abroad) going over my experience and technical background. As is typical for this organization, HR made the whole thing a boondoggle, waiting 6 weeks to send me forms to fill out, then demanding they be returned within one business day. No relocation or housing assistance was available, even though Singapore is one of the most expensive cities to live in.

Interview Question – Nothing really out of the ordinary--questions like "what do you think is the most exciting development in your field in the last 10 years?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation whatsoever

Scientist Interview

Scientist

Interviewed at A*Star

Interview Details – Submitted CV, and 2 reference letters. need to have 1 phone interview, and 1 on site inverview or 1 more phone interview.

Interview Details – interview was very easy going

Negotiation Details – there was no room for negotiation. packages are standard for everyone

Buona Vista (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at A*Star in April 2013.

Interview Details – Efficiency of hiring process is dependent on the urgency to fill the position.
HR personnel can be extremely inflexible depending on your luck. Some take more initiative in facilitating negotiations whereas others do not make an effort to help.

Interview Question – Questions were relatively simple.   Answer Question

Senior Officer Interview

Senior Officer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at A*Star.

Interview Details – Essay 45 min, followed by questions, then if you're in, i heard you will have another interview with a panel

Interview Question – Why did you choose this university?   Answer Question

Administrative Officer Interview

Administrative Officer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and interviewed at A*Star.

Interview Details – 1 excel test, 1 presentation ( slides prepared at home), 2 interviews.
Excel test is on the spot, around 20minutes. Have to plot a few graphs, elaborate on the relationships and present it meaningfully in a form of slides. My question was about the relationship between seminar application fees (locally vs internationally). but dont have to present it. just submit the slides. the prepared presentation question was anything about yourself. so can write about your hobbies or interest.(15mins).

interview panel consists of 4 person. 1 from HR, the others are either ur future direct boss or boss's boss.

they are basically quite nice. not really tough questions.

i didnt manage to get into 2nd interview. but heard second interview involves the director...

Interview Question – Just basic interview questions you can find online.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at A*Star in March 2013.

Interview Details – Apply the internship through website. There would be one interview through Skype if been chosen. There were two interviewers interviewing me at the same time. They just took turns asking me questions. Questions are focused on the things I wrote on resume.

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for the starting date of the internship

Interviews for Top Jobs at A*Star

Worked for A*Star? Contribute to the Community!