A.T. Kearney

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at A.T. Kearney in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was held at my home university, where the consultant interviewed me for approx. 35 minutes. Basically, we started talking about my background and constantly relating it to my behaviour and personality, i.e. my reactions in lets say a team dispute and so on. The consultant was very professional, and in the end offered some advice on how to improve certain things, which was really helpful.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult questions, but the whole interview process seeks for attention and concetration. I was given an evolving case, which means that you start analyzing different aspects of the firm's performance from a broad perspective and begin narrowing it down. In this way the interviewer gets a better feel of how good do you actually understand how a firm operates.   Answer Question

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online and interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview Details – Sent in CV, had a phone interview with one of the senior consultants, then a second interview at their hq, along with an aptitude test, similar to the GMAT format

Interview Question – The tasks during the 2 interviews weren't really difficult, they'll just give you some calculation tasks, to see if you're good with numbers (without using a calculator). The aptitude test is the real challenge   Answer Question

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at A.T. Kearney in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied fo an intern position fot the AT Kearney Offices in Bucharest. I've been called to take a GMAT like test and a week later I had a phone interview with one of their managing partners from Istanbul. I found the interview quite challenging, it was about 45 minutes long, a lot of questions about my studies and my previous work. The case study was not impossible to do but the interviewer seemed obviously dissatisfied about my answers.

Interview Question – What would you advise a construction company that wants to build a shopping mall?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at A.T. Kearney in May 2012.

Interview Details – First I applied online through university platform. Then I was invited to a test like GMAT. After I passed it, I was invited to a phone interview. I talked with people in Romania office. It took around 40min. The interview had three parts: Background check, case then your questions. The case was a competitive response question but i guess they ask sth related with your previous knowledge/experience.

Interview Questions

• explain what you experience and how u changed during ur education.   Answer Question
  • what do u recommend in this situation to ur client? (in the market a competitor has a new product)   Answer Question

Vienna (Austria)

The process took 3 days - interviewed at A.T. Kearney in December 2010.

Interview Details – There is one chance to get an internship without going through the standard interview process - via annual case competitions in which each of the winning team's members is awarded an internship.

Interview Question – N/A - not a standard interview but presentation of a marketing project   Answer Question

Intern Interview

São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at A.T. Kearney in September 2011.

Interview Details – 1- GMAT-like test
2- Brain teaser/personality/case interview*
3- Case/fit interview

*This step consisted of 2 to 3 interviews, depending on how well you went.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. They were all straight forward brain teasers and cases.   Answer Question

Vienna (Austria)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at A.T. Kearney in November 2008.

Interview Details – First assignment was to estimate yearly beer consumption in Austria. The interviewer tried to help me which way to go in the calculation to estimate the beer consumption, but I was too focused on my own methodology. Although I calculated a market estimation the interviewer was not happy about my team capabilities, since I have not accepted her help and continued with my own methodology. I think this was the main reason why I was turned down in the end.

Interview Question – Why do car manufacturers use the same platform for different type of cars?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at A.T. Kearney

Worked for A.T. Kearney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at A.T. Kearney Intern interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by A.T. Kearney employees and interview candidates.