A.T. Kearney Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2014
Updated Oct 12, 2014

3.7

Business Analyst Interview

Well communicated and well-structured process. Everything was handled by an international recruiter who was very flexible and communicative. The interview itself was also very clear -- "you'll be doing a market sizing question now, then we'll be more qualitative" and then "these behavioural questions are designed to test how you act in different situations". Overall, everything was very expected.

Interview Questions
    • Say you're a regional agricultural producer. Recently, national producers have been looking at your region. You want to find out what you should worry about. Let's start with this: what advantages do you have?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Professional process from start to finish. Interviews consisted of two back to back case questions which were difficult, but this was expected. Interviewers in general were tough but fair. Would not help with final case conclusions but definitely tried to provide guidance along the way when needed.

Interview Questions
    • Second case question was on IT strategy, which was difficult as didn't have context as college student.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney.

2 to 3 interviews depending on the pipeline you enter from. Most is school hiring; occasionally industry hiring into specific practices. 1st interview will be a phone screen. 2nd interview will be a in person, 2 case interviews, and 3rd will be 3 parts. One will be a behavioral interview, one will be a case interview, and the last will be a case presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Case interview - always expect the unexpected with case solving interviews   Answer Question

Human Resource Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Contacted by recruiter for role by email. Recruiter found me via LinkedIn search and shared details on role. Phone screening scheduled once I indicated interest. Phone screening was pretty basic mid-complexity competency and experience questions. Telephone interview scheduled within 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Please share with me the project you most enjoyed leading and why?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at A.T. Kearney in March 2014.

On-campus recruiting. Two rounds interview. Applying to international offices from US schools, so interviews are via skype/phone. Southeast Asia office HR team did pretty bad job in term of handling the whole process. The person who took care of my application quit and no one followed up. I had to send email to ask about interview schedule. Also got the official offer letter only one week before my internship started - two months after I got an offer call from HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Submitted my resume online through campus recruiting. Interviewed on campus with two interviews. Then was flown out to Chicago for a full day of technical, case, behavioral, and presentation interviews. Easily the toughest interview I've ever had. Interviewers were unrelenting and persistent with their questions and the depth/quality of answers expected.

Interview Questions
    • Was given a technical skills interview with a program (Microsoft Access) I had never used before.   Answer Question
    Not open to negotiations, but I was able to pick from six city options.

PAS Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney.

They came to my campus for interviews. That interview lasted about 45 minutes, and within about a week they contacted me for an office visit. They flew me out to the office and put me up in a hotel really close to the office. After the in-office interview, it took less than a week to get my offer. It was very organized, and very efficient.

Interview Questions
    • On campus interview was mostly behavioral questions. Had one "mini-case" where they just asked me how many of a certain product is sold at all store locations in my city. The answer isn't what matters - they want to hear you work it out and your reasoning for it. They then asked how I could get a more accurate answer with more time.

Office Interview - started with a skills assessment (Excel and Access). That part was pretty easy. There was a lot to do, but they don't expect you to get it all done. That was followed up by 4 interviews with various managers. Asked me pretty basic questions with more "mini-cases." Then I had lunch with other candidates and managers. They then gave me a case study - I had one hour to complete the case and prepare a presentation. The presentation was in front of about 6 people who acted as the client. The case was really easy
        Answer Question
    No negotiation - all salaries are set

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at A.T. Kearney in February 2014.

First round interview is phone screen.
    Behavior questions I prepared : why consultant, why A.T.Kearney/PAS.
    Be prepared for both technical and behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • what is the difference between direct and indirect categories   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney.

1 telephone; 4 cases + 1 case presentation

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Typical on campus recruiting at top tier schools. Interview process at undergraduate level consists of standard fit and case studies. Typically at least a couple rounds of interviews with 2-3 interviews per round.

Interview Questions
    • Case study can be geared towards detailed operational type of work, which requires some knowledge of basic operations and management.   Answer Question