A.T. Kearney Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

3.7

Social Media Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The process took 4 weeks.

I had four rounds interview with marketing team for 2 hours @ Chicago.
    They were very nice.
    I enjoyed meeting with the marketing team and learning more about the firm.

The HR was nice too and gave me some feedback.

Great firm, great team and nice work environment.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

Had an employee submit my resume.

I had a phone screen in which I was asked multiple behavioral and resume questions. The next round was two Skype rounds in which one was behavioral and one was a case question.

For the final round I flew out to New York to interview in the office. This interview consisted of meeting 3 partners. It was a terrific experience!

Everyone I met at the firm was incredibly interesting and engaging. I enjoyed speaking with everyone and learning more about the firm. The HR staff was terrific throughout the entire process.

A.T. Kearney is a firm that is growing aggressively and seems to be a terrific place to work.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

The interview process was good and the feedback was great. I was a better fit for a less senior position and the interviewers were very helpful and encouraging.
    HR was not as organized as one would hope.
    As an advice, make sure to practice a lot of cases and ask for a mock interview buddy from the firm to prep for the interview.

Interview Questions

• 2 interviews: the first one was general fit and behavioral questions (tell about a time you had to deliver bad news to someone/client), the second one was a case (market sizing and strategy)   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

applied through on campus recruiting for Summer Associate position, made it to final round. First round had one fit and one case, while second round had 2 fit interviews and a case presentation. The written case was difficult to prepare for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a difficult team?   1 Answer

Summer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Round 1 on campus. Round 2 was in Chicago. I just didn't find the work they were doing very interesting. Also, what was really bad was that I was traveling from South and many of my friends were hassled into not coming last night even though the interview was going to last for 4 hours. More so, we had to pay for our hotel and then ask for reimbursement - nowhere have I seen a company be so stingy with interview expenditure.

Interview Questions

• 2 behavioral and 1 flipchart presentation.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

The process consisted of an on campus interview which included a very basic market sizing case question and behavioral questions. The final interview round was an all-day event at Chicago headquarters. I was notified of the results of my interview after a week.

Interview Questions

• This day included face to face interviews, case studies, an Excel and Access abilities test, and a case presentation. The face to face interviews were mainly behavorial with a basic case question at the end. I also was asked a few questions regarding queries and data structures. The case presentation was the most difficult part of the day in my opinion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Final Round Interview Structure:
    1 Skills Assessment Test
    - Tested your ability to use Access and Excel. The computer they gave me crashed twice so either they have a very flawed process or they don't weight it much
    3 Interviews half fit half case
    - First Interviewer is younger with basic questions
    - Second Interviewer is an engagement manager with more specific to the company questions
    - Third interviewer is a partner who just tries to have conversation to pin you down as an inspired individual
    - All case questions were market sizing estimates to test how you broke down large targets and handle assumptions
    - (My questions were: How many airplanes fly out of our airport every day? How many people ride our subway line in one day?)
    Lunch for schmoozin
    Case
    - Usually a straightforward target, but they only give you an hour to do analysis and make a presentation about it. You would be surprised how the time pressure really gave you tunnel vision
    Presentation
    - 5 to 10 minutes of presenting followed by questions asked by the team.

Interview Questions

• How many people ride the red line each day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

back to back 1 on 1 interviews for the first round (behavioral & case), then the final round was 2 30 minute behaviorals followed by a 30 minute case. Very efficient process, I had my offer the same day as my final round.

Interview Questions

• Pretty generic interviewy type questions. ie talk about experiences in teams, speak to something technical that you're learning in school, why do you want to work here, etc. Cases were also standard, develop a branding strategy and investigate a procurement problem.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

The process was very structured and professional. I applied through my campus career website. Before my application I networked heavily with at least 2 other SBAs and one Manager who gave me honest opinions about their experiences at the firm, the application process as well as Interview preparation. I was invited for an interview workshop one week before the interview. I was also assigned a buddy who gave me great tips before both the interviews.
    First round consisted of ONE 45minute Fit (with a Partner) and ONE 45minute Case interview (with a Principal) on campus. Both the interviewers were pleasant, and asked general questions about my career path, interest in consulting, etc. They probed heavily to understand if I would be a cultural fit to their organization. Case was a little weird, but focused more on structuring and organization of thoughts. Received a phone call the same evening, inviting me for the next round the. The Partner I interviewed with called me to deliver this news.
    Second round consisted of TWO 45minute Fit (with a Partner and a Principal) and ONE 45minute Case (with a Principal). Similar questions for Fit as the first round, again probing to understand me better, my background and my cultural fit. The case was a tricky airline profit optimization question. Although I made some simple calculation mistakes, the interviewer liked my approach and structure.
    All the interviewers were pleasant and friendly to talk to, and the recruiter was really friendly and chatty.
    Overall, a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How was the culture different in this city when you joined school, and what did you do to adjust to it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney (Evanston, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online for on campus interviews, notified less than a week after applicationa and about two weeks before interview. Before the interview there was a reception and they also assign you interview buddies who help you prep. Pretty helpful. Interview was one case and one behavioral, case was on supply chain. What's cool was that even though I didn't get an offer, they called me and gave me personal feedback, which I really appreciated.