A.T. Kearney Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Typical consulting process in a business school: We started off with a "resume drop" process with 80-100 people applying. Then about 24 got chosen for an on-campus first round and I believe 8 went to second round in the A.T. Kearney offices.

Interview Questions

• If you were a tile manufacturer with declining Sales, how will you improve your Sales   1 Answer

Social Media Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The process took 4 weeks. I had four rounds interview with marketing team for 2 hours @ Chicago. They were very nice. I enjoyed meeting with the marketing team and learning more about the firm. The HR was nice too and gave me some feedback. Great firm, great team and nice work environment.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

Had an employee submit my resume. I had a phone screen in which I was asked multiple behavioral and resume questions. The next round was two Skype rounds in which one was behavioral and one was a case question. For the final round I flew out to New York to interview in the office. This interview consisted of meeting 3 partners. It was a terrific experience! Everyone I met at the firm was incredibly interesting and engaging. I enjoyed speaking with everyone and learning more about the firm. The HR staff was terrific throughout the entire process. A.T. Kearney is a firm that is growing aggressively and seems to be a terrific place to work.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

The interview process was good and the feedback was great. I was a better fit for a less senior position and the interviewers were very helpful and encouraging. HR was not as organized as one would hope. As an advice, make sure to practice a lot of cases and ask for a mock interview buddy from the firm to prep for the interview.

Interview Questions

• 2 interviews: the first one was general fit and behavioral questions (tell about a time you had to deliver bad news to someone/client), the second one was a case (market sizing and strategy)   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

combination of case interviews and behavioral in 2 rounds. First round was on campus and the second was at the office. With a range of levels from associates to partners.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

applied through on campus recruiting for Summer Associate position, made it to final round. First round had one fit and one case, while second round had 2 fit interviews and a case presentation. The written case was difficult to prepare for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a difficult team?   1 Answer

Summer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Round 1 on campus. Round 2 was in Chicago. I just didn't find the work they were doing very interesting. Also, what was really bad was that I was traveling from South and many of my friends were hassled into not coming last night even though the interview was going to last for 4 hours. More so, we had to pay for our hotel and then ask for reimbursement - nowhere have I seen a company be so stingy with interview expenditure.

Interview Questions

• 2 behavioral and 1 flipchart presentation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I got recruited by AT Kearney's primary staffing agency. It was a series of phone calls and in person interviews. 1) Phone screen with a mid-senior level manager , went over behavioral questions and case interviews 2) In person interview: Behavioral, resume oriented, case interview 3) Case presentation: Solve and present a case I had an excellent experience in the interview process. My phone screen interviewer then turned prep mentor (once i got selected to the in person interviews). As part of the phone mentor process they provided mock interviews for written and presentation cases. This was absolutely invaluable and it showed 1) they want you to succeed 2) they want you to be prepared In person, the first case was medium-tough, if you have solved over 50 cases you can get the answer. But they dont care about the answer, its the approach. The like to hear your approach as that is a better indicator of your case solving nous. The in person interviews are split into morning and afternoon sessions. If you get the morning 3 pack right (behavior, case, resume) you will get selected for afternoon presentation case. There was a 2 hour gap between the sessions. The toughest part of the interview was the presentation case, they gave me about 15 pages of hard core data and about 18 questions to address. They provide you 1 hour to read, decipher, answer the questions, then you have to put them up in large presentation stick it notes so you can present to a partner and principal. They get about 1 hour to inundate you with questions, this process was equally rewarding and scary. They want to ensure you can speak for your numbers, you can show your work and show how you arrived at your conclusion while simulating client-like environment. I have since accepted AT Kearney's offer and can say that the amount of encouragement and coaching i get is absolutely great, they truly care for your comfort and fit with the company to ensure we can focus on the clients. Its been 6 months since my interview and 3 months since i joined, i waited to post this so i can share my experience after i joined as well.

Interview Questions

• Case solving is key; approach to solving the case is pivotal   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated location, and start date. No salary negotiation allowed, though their offer was very good by itself.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview

The process consisted of an on campus interview which included a very basic market sizing case question and behavioral questions. The final interview round was an all-day event at Chicago headquarters. I was notified of the results of my interview after a week.

Interview Questions

• This day included face to face interviews, case studies, an Excel and Access abilities test, and a case presentation. The face to face interviews were mainly behavorial with a basic case question at the end. I also was asked a few questions regarding queries and data structures. The case presentation was the most difficult part of the day in my opinion.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Final Round Interview Structure: 1 Skills Assessment Test - Tested your ability to use Access and Excel. The computer they gave me crashed twice so either they have a very flawed process or they don't weight it much 3 Interviews half fit half case - First Interviewer is younger with basic questions - Second Interviewer is an engagement manager with more specific to the company questions - Third interviewer is a partner who just tries to have conversation to pin you down as an inspired individual - All case questions were market sizing estimates to test how you broke down large targets and handle assumptions - (My questions were: How many airplanes fly out of our airport every day? How many people ride our subway line in one day?) Lunch for schmoozin Case - Usually a straightforward target, but they only give you an hour to do analysis and make a presentation about it. You would be surprised how the time pressure really gave you tunnel vision Presentation - 5 to 10 minutes of presenting followed by questions asked by the team.

Interview Questions

• How many people ride the red line each day?   1 Answer