A.T. Kearney

116 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resource Manager Interview

Human Resource Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter for role by email. Recruiter found me via LinkedIn search and shared details on role. Phone screening scheduled once I indicated interest. Phone screening was pretty basic mid-complexity competency and experience questions. Telephone interview scheduled within 2 days.

Interview Question – Please share with me the project you most enjoyed leading and why?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at A.T. Kearney in February 2012.

Interview Details – This was a rigorous interview, with a full day of discussions with senior team leaders as well as more junior team members who focused on detailing the specifics of their experience with the firm. One senior team leader described a model client situation and asked that I provide some ideas of how I might address the client's multiple challenges and what criteria I might select in assessing those challenges.

Interview Question – How would you describe the value proposition of A.T. Kearney's client approach versus the other consulting firms you have had discussions with?   Answer Question

Principal Interview

Principal

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at A.T. Kearney in September 2013.

Interview Details – Two rounds -- first round 2 45 minutes interviews with a case each. Second round - 1 case where you are left in a room for 1 hour to prepare and present to 2 consultants. 2 individual interviews after that with or without case depending on interviewer. Typical cases from MBA case workshops, nothing unique

Interview Question – Most difficult is the case presentation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - set salaries

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at A.T. Kearney in January 2013.

Interview Details – First round on campus, followed by a second round in the NY office. Second round includes one behavioral interview, one case interview and one case presentation.

Interview Question – Why would you not want to join A.T.Kearney?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at A.T. Kearney in September 2013.

Interview Details – In the first round, there will be 2 one-on-one interviews (case interview + behavioral). The final round will have 2 case and behavioral interviews along with a written case before partners (depending on the office). The case interviews were difficult of course, but manageable if you are comfortable with the case interview process; the written case, however, was very, very hard.

Interview Question – The written case was the most difficult component. You'll be given a bunch of data, and will have an hour to prepare a recommendation before partners who then bombard you with questions that you need to be able to handle deftly.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online through campus recruiting. Interviewed on campus with two interviews. Then was flown out to Chicago for a full day of technical, case, behavioral, and presentation interviews. Easily the toughest interview I've ever had. Interviewers were unrelenting and persistent with their questions and the depth/quality of answers expected.

Interview Question – Was given a technical skills interview with a program (Microsoft Access) I had never used before.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not open to negotiations, but I was able to pick from six city options.

Lafayette, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at A.T. Kearney in February 2014.

Interview Details – First round interview is phone screen.
Behavior questions I prepared : why consultant, why A.T.Kearney/PAS.
Be prepared for both technical and behavior questions.

Interview Question – what is the difference between direct and indirect categories   Answer Question

PAS Analyst Interview

PAS Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview Details – They came to my campus for interviews. That interview lasted about 45 minutes, and within about a week they contacted me for an office visit. They flew me out to the office and put me up in a hotel really close to the office. After the in-office interview, it took less than a week to get my offer. It was very organized, and very efficient.

Interview Question – On campus interview was mostly behavioral questions. Had one "mini-case" where they just asked me how many of a certain product is sold at all store locations in my city. The answer isn't what matters - they want to hear you work it out and your reasoning for it. They then asked how I could get a more accurate answer with more time.

Office Interview - started with a skills assessment (Excel and Access). That part was pretty easy. There was a lot to do, but they don't expect you to get it all done. That was followed up by 4 interviews with various managers. Asked me pretty basic questions with more "mini-cases." Then I had lunch with other candidates and managers. They then gave me a case study - I had one hour to complete the case and prepare a presentation. The presentation was in front of about 6 people who acted as the client. The case was really easy
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - all salaries are set

Summer Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at A.T. Kearney in December 2013.

Interview Details – National Black
Phone
Chicago all day interview

Interview Question – Disney give a day get a day promotion what is the cost to disney, is this a good promotion   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at A.T. Kearney.

Interview Details – 1 telephone; 4 cases + 1 case presentation

Interview Question – Business cases could be challenging   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Worked for A.T. Kearney? Contribute to the Community!