A.T. Kearney

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at A.T. Kearney in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very structured hiring process. There were 2 rounds of interviews. One on college campus and other on site. The second round interview consist of an excel test, four 1:1 interviews (behavioral) and one 90 minute case interview and presentation. Interview process is straight forward, interviewers are very friendly, they try to make you feel comfortable and assist you if you are having difficulty in answering any question.They get back to you with the results pretty fast.

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at A.T. Kearney in November 2010.

Interview Details – It started with an on campus interview with 2 people from the sourcing group - director and associate that was for about 30 minutes. A week later, i got an email being invited for final rounds in Chicago. Final round consisted of an excel test, 4 1x1 interviews that ranged from sourcing managers, 2 directors, and one partner that were about an hour each. The questions were behavioral questions and 2 of the interviews did ask a case question. The last part of the interview was the case study/presentation. you were given a printed out power point presentation for a case and asked to extract information from that and make it into a 3 slide power point and presented it to the same 4 people.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at A.T. Kearney in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was the first round interview for sourcing associate. I had previous consulting experience and hence applied for the position. However, I did not have sourcing experience which went against me and also I was not able to explain well how my skills match with the position. The interview had two part. 1. Behavioral and 2. Case Question
Behavioral QS Included: 1. Resume walk through 2. Challenging project 2. Internship experience 3. What did you learn the most from your consulting experience 4. What do you know about sourcing? (Started to mess up here) 5. Why do you think you will be suited for sourcing as per your work experience? (Ding)

Case Question: Pretty simple. Chicago municipality is planning to replace all signal lights with LEDs? Should they implement the change if cost is the only factor?

Overall good experience

Interview Question – Some person came up with an innovation. And you opposed it. What were the effects? Will you do it differently today   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at A.T. Kearney in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process started with 3 phone interviews. Included previous experience, basic skills, and scenario case interview.

After three phone interview screening, I went to final on-site interview.

The process included
- one excel skill test: basic excel skills required to finished within limited time.
- five 1:1 interviews: some of the interviewers were those who interviewed me on the phone.
- one presentation interview: one report will be given to the candidate with the requirements of the presentation. The candidate then need to prepare PPT presentation based on the requirements within one hour.

Sourcing Associate Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at A.T. Kearney in January 2012.

Interview Details – First interview was a 1:1 that normally would have been in person but I was in Germany studying abroad so was done on Skype. It was typical behavioral & basic interview questions. The second was at the Chicago headquarters and consisted of:
Excel skills test
3 1:1's
Case & Presentation

Interview Question – How many ping pongs can you ship in a plane?   Answer Question

Sourcing Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at A.T. Kearney in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was given the job description in advance and basically went through it and found examples of how I qualified. The interview basically revolved around my resume/cover letter and I was asked specific questions about certain projects I had completed and results in my professional career as well as graduate studies. Overall I just ended up not having the technical/programming background required.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used advanced analysis features of Microsoft office.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a project that you designed and implemented.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at A.T. Kearney

Worked for A.T. Kearney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at A.T. Kearney Sourcing Associate interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by A.T. Kearney employees and interview candidates.