A-T Solutions

Interviews for Top Jobs at A-T Solutions

Defense Department Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A-T Solutions in July 2012.

i received a tentative offer by telephone, I was called by the A-T Solutions supervisor for the Afghan analysis responsibility.

Interview Questions
    One week.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at A-T Solutions in July 2009.

I was contacted by an internal recruiter who had found my resume on Monster. The position they thought I might be a fit for was an HR Generalist/EA/Office Manager. The phone screen went well and the recruiter said that they would recommend me to the hiring manager for an in-person interview. After a week I followed up and was told I was no longer being considered for the position. A few minutes after receiving word that I was no longer in consideration I received an email saying there had been a mistake and that they would like me to come in for a face-to-face interview.

The face-to-face interview was conducted by two of the company’s executives. Both men were extremely nice and I enjoyed the interview tremendously. I left the interview feeling very sure that I wanted to work for the company but was hesitant that the position would be a good fit for me (the position was more administrative that I had hoped.)

The interview was on Friday afternoon and I received a follow-up call on Monday morning to let me know they had selected another candidate. I was told that they enjoyed meeting with me and that my interview had gone extremely well but they also thought the position would be a step backwards in my HR career. I agreed and asked to be kept in mind for future HR openings.

A few weeks later I sent my updated resume to the same recruiter and inquired about HR openings. I received an email back that they were just about to contact me for an HR Generalist position in the San Diego office they were currently recruiting for. The recruiter asked me to "stay tuned" for details and gave me the name of a different recruiter who was handling the HR Generalist requisition.

I emailed the recruiter and received a reply saying they would like to have a phone interview with me and asking me to call for that interview. I called and was told that the recruiter was in a meeting. I left a voicemail for him. After two days of no response I followed up again by phone and by email. Same story, the recruiter was in a meeting. The third time I followed up I asked the receptionist if he was truly in a meeting or on vacation since I hadn't heard from him (I would have taken the hint earlier expect that he started his communication with me by asking me to call him for an interview.) The receptionist told me that he was in the office but would be leaving on vacation the next day.

I called the first recruiter that I worked with (she was so wonderful through the process) and asked her for guidance. She told me that she heard my resume was not as strong as the other candidates so I had been eliminated from consideration. She asked me if I would do a re-write on the resume and highlight my skills in HR versus the previous resume which highlighted Admin plus HR (that resume was perfect for the previous Admin/HR position.) I agreed that I would re-write and submit to her. As soon as I did that I was told that they would like me to come to the office for another meeting.

The second interview was a major bummer. While the first interview at A-T Solutions was friendly and free-flowing this interview was so structured the interviewers had to read questions word-for-word from a previously prepared script. The interview was not going well, it was obvious to me and I think to both interviewers. I noticed that some of my answers seemed to confuse them almost as if they had no idea of my experience. That was when I noticed that both interviewers had a copy of my old resume. I had extra copies and offered them to the men but the hiring manager declined. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY! After that happened and a few remarks that could only have been meant to discourage me ("With your limited experience you may not be able to answer the next question...") were made, I simply lost all confidence and almost ended the interview myself. The interview came to an end and I walked out absolutely defeated.

I left knowing that there was no way on earth I would get an offer. I felt terrible since I really felt a connection with the first recruiter and the first two interviewers (one was also in the second interview and I still felt the connection with him through that interview.) In hindsight it was obvious to me that the hiring manager had pre-determined the outcome of my interview. Oh and I should add that I had been told though-out the process that the position was an HR Generalist (an appropriate position for my level of experience.) During the last interview I was told that they were looking for a Senior level HRBP (a position completely out of my range.) After all of this, imagine my surprise when a few weeks later I received an email from the first recruiter saying I was still in consideration!! I had to laugh and assume it was a blanket email but also thought that anything was possible at that point. In the end I received a letter by mail letting me know another candidate had been selected.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you partnered with managment to achieve better business results.   View Answer