A Wireless

Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arab, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arab, AL

I applied online – interviewed at A Wireless in September 2014.

I applied for the Sales Consultant position with A Wireless on Sept. 16 via a job board. Uploaded a resume and filled out a standard application, nothing out of the ordinary. Sept. 22nd I got a call from an HR representative asking if I'd be available for a phone interview on the 24th at 3:00 pm. I accepted and the next day (23rd) I received a reminder e-mail with an attachment job description which was actually an old recruitment flier, which I found a little humorous.
       The day of the phone interview came (24th) and the HR representative I had been in contact with called me at 2:03 asking if we could interview now? I of course said yes and we went into the interview. Basic hi, how are you's, and then immediately she set in to a description of compensation and asked if I had any questions. I didn't, so she asked me a question. In short, she asked 8 questions (2 regarding why I'd left past jobs and 6 regarding the position) which I answered, and then I sat in silence while she typed my responses into the computer.
    After the last answer and some more silence, she told me she'd finish entering this information, would be e-mailing me a more in depth application, and ask that I fill that out before going in to a face to face interview. She'd be sending the information she'd just collected from me, as well as the application she'd be sending me, to the area and store director where I'd be working, and then they would contact me for a face to face interview.
    I'll update on how the face to face goes and try to take note of questions asked.
    Phone questions were: 1.Why do you want to work for A Wireless 2. What drives you? 3.What did you learn in a previous job that prepared you for a career in sales 4.Outside of your every day use, how familiar are you with wireless technology? 5.What do you like most about a career in sales 6.What would you like least in a career in sales.

Interview Questions
    • "Outside of your every day use, how familiar are you with wireless technology?"   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. They tell you up front that base compensation is 7.50 hourly and that you make commission off of most everything you sell.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at A Wireless in September 2014.

Regional hiring lady calls you, can't even hear her, must not know how to talk into phone, asks you to scedule a phone interview, when they call you back, once again, can't hear her, asks about previous employers and why you left and basic questions, then forwards your stuff to store manager.
    The store manager will call you at any given random time and basically asks you the same questions and talks about experience blah blah.
    I scheduled a in face interview with him and the asst store manager. They asked typical interview questions.
    I pretty much turned the job down because it's not at all what it seems..
    Crapy expensive benefits after 90 days, and don't get me started on the VZ "discount" hahahaha yeah no. there isn't one. I should have heethed the other 100 warnings about not wasting my time! Poor structure and process. Oh and the pay is 7.50/hr... Yeah ok Walmart pays more.. Yeah there's commision but they're quotes are crap are terrible and unfair and pretty unreachable.
    They wanted to give you the crapiest shift and expect you to work every weekend Saturday and Sunday. So forget family/social life!
    Whatever though, to each is own! Good luck

Interview Questions

Because the pretty ponies they Advertise are really just a donkey in disguise

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at A Wireless.

Very to the point, be ready to be brutally honest

Interview Questions
    • "tell me why you'd be a good salesman"   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Three interviews

Interview Questions
    There isnt any. You take it or leave it, they dont care.

Store Manager Interview

Interviewed once by vp and hired

Interview Questions
    • What are the three most important for you job duties   View Answer
    No negotiation

Store Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at A Wireless in February 2013.

Fill out application online do an assessment have 2 interviews

A salary was offered and was very generous so I accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at A Wireless in February 2013.

Submitted Resume on company website, had a phone call within 2 days from area manager. Had a 5 min. conversation and was offered an interview the following week. Interview was done at a coffee shop next door to the store and was given a verbal offer after 15 minutes.

Not enough pay.

Store Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A Wireless in August 2012.

Interview with district leader and then regional leader

Interview Questions
    • Typical retail/management interview. They are looking for leaders if you don't know what that means you should look else where   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at A Wireless in January 2012.

I interviewed with my District Leader first then was called into the store to do and interview with the Store Leader. He asked me what my hopes were with this company and where I would like to go within it. He also asked about my schooling and if I would be furthering it. He asked me to sell him a pen to prove my selling abilities and make sure you can handle most questions a customer will throw at you.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any particular question that threw me off or that I struggled with.   Answer Question
    I was happy with what I was offered and didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at A Wireless in December 2011.

Easy going typical questions why us, what interests you to work retail. Are you comfortable working with others 1 on 1, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make a difference in our team?   View Answer