A&E Networks Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.3

Senior Director, Global Program Management Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at A&E Networks in January 2015.

Phone interview first with CIO, then in-person with CIO and 2 Directors, and then HR. they all seemed too busy and stressed to focus on the interview. HR told me they would contact me by the following week regardless of the outcome, and they did not do that. I was very turned off by the climate and the attitude.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I handle conflicting priorities.   View Answer

Sales Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at A&E Networks in October 2014.

Great experience, definitely an interview to look forward to. Not very structured and more about having an open communication. Great people. Definitely make sure you are sociable and eager to learn and network.

Freelancer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A&E Networks.

First, you apply online. Then HR will call you and schedule a time and date. You meet with HR and from there if they approve, then you are brought down to the respective department you applied for and will be interviewed by 2-3 people there. After two weeks, you are offered a job by HR and when you accept, they magically tell you oh fill out this paperwork for a third staffing company because the joke is on you and you do not actually work for us nor will you be paid by us, so technically you could have just went to a temping agency and had better luck. The third party does a background check and after 2 more weeks, you start the first day.

0 - they lie until you accept the offer, then tell you that you are being paid by a third party and they "negotiated for you."

Manager, International Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at A&E Networks.

In my own experience, I was hired at A+E Networks on a temp-to-perm basis. After four months of serving as a temp employee, I was hired as a permanent employee and served for more than five and a half years subsequent to that hire date. Although I was not entirely pleased with my starting salary, the job itself was interesting enough that I accepted, and I quickly earned numerous promotions and satisfactory raises in the years that followed.

Interview Questions
    I was not given much time at all to decide, which I found disconcerting. I was temping at the time, and I was offered a permanent position on the last day of a fiscal quarter. HR told me I had to decide that day or else the offer would be revoked. I was not entirely happy with the starting salary, as it was below the salary of my previous permanent position at a different company. However, I accepted because I enjoyed the work and the people with whom I was working (as a temp). It turned out the be the right decision in the long run.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at A&E Networks.

Applied at the middle of the week. Was emailed at the beginning of the next week, came in the next day to meet with two different people. Had a follow up phone interview two days later with another individual. Was offered the job two hours later. Very fast Process.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions. Mostly just getting a sense for what your interests, goals, and personality is like.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They didn't lowball me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A&E Networks.

Met with 5 different Account Executives at the time. Was more like a conversation than an interview I felt like. They wanted to see that you had the personality for sales and were a people person. Additionally, met with HR and took a basic math test.

Sales Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at A&E Networks in September 2013.

I applied online and was contacted by an HR representative within a week via email. We scheduled an interview and I had 1:1 interviews with three people. I heard back the next day by phone due to an immediate need to fill the position.

Interview Questions

I got offered another job. The pay was also low and there was no flexibility with pay.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at A&E Networks in August 2013.

I was contacted by HR for first a digital sales representative and then for the SSR position. I came in and was supposed to meet with one woman who was not actually in that day and was brought up to HR to meet with another woman. I was then brought down to a digital hiring manager, had very awkward conversation, and was told I would meet with another woman and then learned the interview was over as she was in a meeting. I was never contacted again about this position. I was brought in about a month later for the SSR position and had a great time with the Account Executive who interviewed me and I thought it went very well; however I still have not heard back whether or not I got the job (which at this point, I know I did not from following up with other contacts in the company). I really enjoyed meeting everyone I had the opportunity to, it just seemed a little unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest failure/problem faced at your last job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at A&E Networks.

No interview—direct hire through freelance, then promoted to full-time.

Interview Questions
    There was very little negotiation, because they knew my freelance rate and offered me just above what I was already making.

Senior Director International Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at A&E Networks in August 2012.

Applied on the website in June, contacted in July, brought in 3 times for 4 interviews over 2 months. Told from the beginning that I was one of the first to be brought in and was contacted by HR every 2 weeks to make sure I was still interested in the position until they could interview all candidates. Made to feel that I was their "best" candidate, so much so that I made the mistake of turning down another position elsewhere, as I really wanted this job. Even made a point of telling the person in charge that I was long term unemployed and how much this position would mean to me and my family, as my unemployment was ending very soon. Told I was a "sparkling" candidate. Then 2 weeks after the last HR communication and 3 months after I initially applied, HR called and e-mailed to let me know they went with another candidate, who was a better "fit" friendship wise, as both of us were qualified. I was devastated.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think A&E's biggest challenge selling Internationally?   View Answer
    • What is like to interview at other companies and not get the position?   Answer Question