A&E Networks Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at A&E Networks (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first with CIO, then in-person with CIO and 2 Directors, and then HR. they all seemed too busy and stressed to focus on the interview. HR told me they would contact me by the following week regardless of the outcome, and they did not do that. I was very turned off by the climate and the attitude.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I handle conflicting priorities.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at A&E Networks in October 2014.

Interview

Great experience, definitely an interview to look forward to. Not very structured and more about having an open communication. Great people. Definitely make sure you are sociable and eager to learn and network.

Freelancer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A&E Networks (New York, NY).

Interview

First, you apply online. Then HR will call you and schedule a time and date. You meet with HR and from there if they approve, then you are brought down to the respective department you applied for and will be interviewed by 2-3 people there. After two weeks, you are offered a job by HR and when you accept, they magically tell you oh fill out this paperwork for a third staffing company because the joke is on you and you do not actually work for us nor will you be paid by us, so technically you could have just went to a temping agency and had better luck. The third party does a background check and after 2 more weeks, you start the first day.

Negotiation

0 - they lie until you accept the offer, then tell you that you are being paid by a third party and they "negotiated for you."

Manager, International Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at A&E Networks (New York, NY).

Interview

In my own experience, I was hired at A+E Networks on a temp-to-perm basis. After four months of serving as a temp employee, I was hired as a permanent employee and served for more than five and a half years subsequent to that hire date. Although I was not entirely pleased with my starting salary, the job itself was interesting enough that I accepted, and I quickly earned numerous promotions and satisfactory raises in the years that followed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not given much time at all to decide, which I found disconcerting. I was temping at the time, and I was offered a permanent position on the last day of a fiscal quarter. HR told me I had to decide that day or else the offer would be revoked. I was not entirely happy with the starting salary, as it was below the salary of my previous permanent position at a different company. However, I accepted because I enjoyed the work and the people with whom I was working (as a temp). It turned out the be the right decision in the long run.

Consumer Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at A&E Networks (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was on the phone. I talked to one person in HR and she asked me multiple questions about my skills and past experience. I was then passed along to my previous boss. We mainly had casual conversation and she told me what the position entail. She inferred that I already had the position.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at A&E Networks (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied at the middle of the week. Was emailed at the beginning of the next week, came in the next day to meet with two different people. Had a follow up phone interview two days later with another individual. Was offered the job two hours later. Very fast Process.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. Mostly just getting a sense for what your interests, goals, and personality is like.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They didn't lowball me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A&E Networks (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Came in and interviewed with about 5 people; AEs then finally ended with the head of the training department. The interview lasted about 3 and a half hours, which is a bit draining. However, I'm glad they didn't break it up. I'm lucky that I didn't have another job to go back to, a little heads up on that would have been much appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about what this position entails?
      What were your previous positions?
      Are you organized?
      Can you multitask?
      After they explain the position they ask if it sounds like something that still interests you.

1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A&E Networks (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with 5 different Account Executives at the time. Was more like a conversation than an interview I felt like. They wanted to see that you had the personality for sales and were a people person. Additionally, met with HR and took a basic math test.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at A&E Networks in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by an HR representative within a week via email. We scheduled an interview and I had 1:1 interviews with three people. I heard back the next day by phone due to an immediate need to fill the position.

Interview Questions

I got offered another job. The pay was also low and there was no flexibility with pay.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at A&E Networks (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by HR for first a digital sales representative and then for the SSR position. I came in and was supposed to meet with one woman who was not actually in that day and was brought up to HR to meet with another woman. I was then brought down to a digital hiring manager, had very awkward conversation, and was told I would meet with another woman and then learned the interview was over as she was in a meeting. I was never contacted again about this position. I was brought in about a month later for the SSR position and had a great time with the Account Executive who interviewed me and I thought it went very well; however I still have not heard back whether or not I got the job (which at this point, I know I did not from following up with other contacts in the company). I really enjoyed meeting everyone I had the opportunity to, it just seemed a little unorganized.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest failure/problem faced at your last job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question