A&E Networks Interview Questions & Reviews

12 interviews

2.2

Freelancer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at A&E Networks.

First, you apply online. Then HR will call you and schedule a time and date. You meet with HR and from there if they approve, then you are brought down to the respective department you applied for and will be interviewed by 2-3 people there. After two weeks, you are offered a job by HR and when you accept, they magically tell you oh fill out this paperwork for a third staffing company because the joke is on you and you do not actually work for us nor will you be paid by us, so technically you could have just went to a temping agency and had better luck. The third party does a background check and after 2 more weeks, you start the first day.

0 - they lie until you accept the offer, then tell you that you are being paid by a third party and they "negotiated for you."

Traffic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at A&E Networks in April 2010.

HR called me for an initial interview over the phone, and then i met with two manager. Then i was called me back in for a 2nd interview with 2 more managers and the VP.

none.

Manager, International Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at A&E Networks.

In my own experience, I was hired at A+E Networks on a temp-to-perm basis. After four months of serving as a temp employee, I was hired as a permanent employee and served for more than five and a half years subsequent to that hire date. Although I was not entirely pleased with my starting salary, the job itself was interesting enough that I accepted, and I quickly earned numerous promotions and satisfactory raises in the years that followed.

Interview Questions
    I was not given much time at all to decide, which I found disconcerting. I was temping at the time, and I was offered a permanent position on the last day of a fiscal quarter. HR told me I had to decide that day or else the offer would be revoked. I was not entirely happy with the starting salary, as it was below the salary of my previous permanent position at a different company. However, I accepted because I enjoyed the work and the people with whom I was working (as a temp). It turned out the be the right decision in the long run.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at A&E Networks.

Applied at the middle of the week. Was emailed at the beginning of the next week, came in the next day to meet with two different people. Had a follow up phone interview two days later with another individual. Was offered the job two hours later. Very fast Process.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions. Mostly just getting a sense for what your interests, goals, and personality is like.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They didn't lowball me.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at A&E Networks in August 2013.

I was contacted by HR for first a digital sales representative and then for the SSR position. I came in and was supposed to meet with one woman who was not actually in that day and was brought up to HR to meet with another woman. I was then brought down to a digital hiring manager, had very awkward conversation, and was told I would meet with another woman and then learned the interview was over as she was in a meeting. I was never contacted again about this position. I was brought in about a month later for the SSR position and had a great time with the Account Executive who interviewed me and I thought it went very well; however I still have not heard back whether or not I got the job (which at this point, I know I did not from following up with other contacts in the company). I really enjoyed meeting everyone I had the opportunity to, it just seemed a little unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest failure/problem faced at your last job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at A&E Networks.

Met with 5 different Account Executives at the time. Was more like a conversation than an interview I felt like. They wanted to see that you had the personality for sales and were a people person. Additionally, met with HR and took a basic math test.

Sales Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at A&E Networks in September 2013.

I applied online and was contacted by an HR representative within a week via email. We scheduled an interview and I had 1:1 interviews with three people. I heard back the next day by phone due to an immediate need to fill the position.

Interview Questions

I got offered another job. The pay was also low and there was no flexibility with pay.

Editor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at A&E Networks in January 2009.

I had two interviews - one with HR and the position's manager, and a final screening phone interview.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at A&E Networks in May 2012.

very easy. Did not feel I was questioned about my skills thoroughly but got the job anyway.

Interview Questions
    Pleasant. They made an offer which was better than I expected

Producer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at A&E Networks.

No interview—direct hire through freelance, then promoted to full-time.

Interview Questions
    There was very little negotiation, because they knew my freelance rate and offered me just above what I was already making.

Worked for A&E Networks? Contribute to the Community!