A&P Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Randolph, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, NJ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at A&P.

Had to make numerous efforts to get into my position with A&P to prove that I wanted the position. When I came in for the interview I was hired and had 24 hours to take the drug test. Within 36 hours I started my position with A&P.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions, highly routine.   Answer Question

Cashier/Deli/Grocer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at A&P.

Got in contact with the manager and he offer me a job, he told me to apply online, I applied and I got hired, then I went back to the store and asked me a couple of questions to get to know me, he told how much I was going to get pay and he submit the paperwork

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valley Cottage, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Cottage, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at A&P in February 2014.

Honestly, the interview was not hard at all!
    The interviewer knew they were going to give me that job before they began interviewing me.
    They just basically broke down the job and how much I would get paid and told me to come back for orientation.
    I mean, it's just a supermarket. It's not earth science, I'm pretty sure you'll get it.

8.00 an hour. I accepted

Warehouse Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I interviewed online - interviewed at A&P in February 2012.

Had to wait one hour for my interview because the interviewer was in a meeting. Interview lasted less than five minutes, with interviewer talking on the phone through most of the interview. Had to pass a drug screen. Waited forever to hear from company about the start date, because person responsible for telling me had a few days off. Went to work the first day only to find out that I was getting a different job than the one I applied for. Same thing happened to the guy who interviewed immediately after me.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many questions other than whether I knew how to use Excel.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. All clerks get $12.00/hour with no possibility of a raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yonkers, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at A&P in October 2013.

I applied online and received a call within a week. Went in early and was greeted my another man. It turns out the manager was in a meeting. After the interview I was told I got the job and had a background check. When the check came up clean I had to go online and fill out forms.

Interview Questions
    • They only asked me my availability and since I worked at a store just like this one the questions were easy.   Answer Question
    There was no negation phase it was minimum wage since they are in bankruptcy.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at A&P in September 2013.

Interview was super easy. The manager just basically called me up to schedule an interview and during the interview just basically told me what I needed to do for the position. I got hired on the spot and then it went from there. The working paper process was done online.

Human Resources Coordinator/Recruiter Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at A&P in October 2013.

I applied through and Ad on Craigslist. I got a call about two weeks later asking me what my salary requirements were. Then was hung up on. A hour later was called in for an interview.
    The interview process was fairly easy. The initial screener seemed distracted but he eventually opened up and we had a great conversation. Then I met with the VP of Human Resources, he was very receptive of me. Then I met with the rest of the HR team. They constantly asked me what my passion was. They were very nice in explaining why they needed me and what they would like to do in the future. This left me feeling great about the interview. I week later, I received an email letting me know that the "Function has collapsed into another function".

Really? Waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brewster, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brewster, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at A&P in April 2013.

Interview only lasted about twenty minutes. I was only asked availability. It was explained to me that the Company was recovering from bankruptcy and when they are able to pay more, they will do so. I was also told, full time was not available because of the Obama Health Care Act.

Interview Questions
    Pay range for position was $6.75 to $7.50. I was told $7.50 would be submitted as an offer and I would be notified on the Website as to accept or decline offer.

Anonymous Employee  in  Hoboken, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at A&P in April 2012.

It was very straight forward, I asked to fill out an application at the store then a few days later received a call from the hiring manager. I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview went smoothly, I was asked many of the common questions such as, where do I see my self in 5 years and what my weaknesses are. The whole interview was approximately 30 minutes.

Found another job.

Fruit Cutter/Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marlboro, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlboro, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at A&P in July 2013.

Store Manager set up interview date, time. Met with him and he offered me the job. Simple interview, rudimentary questions asked. Nothing too detailed; they just want to know if you can perform the job and have interest in what you're applying for with desire to move up rank.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in the floral department?   View Answer
    He said, "I can only offer you about 28-30 hours and $7.50 to start, which is base pay."

Worked for A&P? Contribute to the Community!