A&P Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

1.9

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at A&P (Mahwah, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Brief, lacking informative content and incomplete. Interviewer was well versed in deflecting and referring decisions as being made "in Montvale". Among the worst interviews I've ever experienced. No value for time except that the interviewer had "other things to do". Had I not spoken with several employees prior to the interview I might have looked elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Investigator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at A&P.

Interview

One interview unless there was some sort of body language fail. Or if you fail to be truthful. Then you will interview with another specialist. The second specialist may ask similar questions but may/will know that the initial specialist was hesitant to hire you.

Interview Questions

• It's there anything that i need to know about that will show up on your background check?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where.....(relate an apprehension when)....?   Answer Question
    • Would you like a bottle of water?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation(unless there is a. Either you accept their rate of pay or you don't accept the job.

Dairy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A&P (Midland Park, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

Easy ... Pretty much went in asked a few dumb questions and got the job nothing special at all ..........took them forever to call me back ...drug test results took about 3 days .. Make sure u keep calling them

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A&P (Randolph, NJ).

Interview

Had to make numerous efforts to get into my position with A&P to prove that I wanted the position. When I came in for the interview I was hired and had 24 hours to take the drug test. Within 36 hours I started my position with A&P.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions, highly routine.   Answer Question

Cashier/Deli/Grocer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at A&P.

Interview

Got in contact with the manager and he offer me a job, he told me to apply online, I applied and I got hired, then I went back to the store and asked me a couple of questions to get to know me, he told how much I was going to get pay and he submit the paperwork

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Cottage, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at A&P (Valley Cottage, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Honestly, the interview was not hard at all! The interviewer knew they were going to give me that job before they began interviewing me. They just basically broke down the job and how much I would get paid and told me to come back for orientation. I mean, it's just a supermarket. It's not earth science, I'm pretty sure you'll get it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

8.00 an hour. I accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at A&P (Yonkers, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within a week. Went in early and was greeted my another man. It turns out the manager was in a meeting. After the interview I was told I got the job and had a background check. When the check came up clean I had to go online and fill out forms.

Interview Questions

• They only asked me my availability and since I worked at a store just like this one the questions were easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negation phase it was minimum wage since they are in bankruptcy.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A&P in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through and Ad on Craigslist. I got a call about two weeks later asking me what my salary requirements were. Then was hung up on. A hour later was called in for an interview. The interview process was fairly easy. The initial screener seemed distracted but he eventually opened up and we had a great conversation. Then I met with the VP of Human Resources, he was very receptive of me. Then I met with the rest of the HR team. They constantly asked me what my passion was. They were very nice in explaining why they needed me and what they would like to do in the future. This left me feeling great about the interview. I week later, I received an email letting me know that the "Function has collapsed into another function". Really? Waste of time.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A&P in September 2013.

Interview

Interview was super easy. The manager just basically called me up to schedule an interview and during the interview just basically told me what I needed to do for the position. I got hired on the spot and then it went from there. The working paper process was done online.

Fruit Cutter/Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlboro, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at A&P (Marlboro, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

Store Manager set up interview date, time. Met with him and he offered me the job. Simple interview, rudimentary questions asked. Nothing too detailed; they just want to know if you can perform the job and have interest in what you're applying for with desire to move up rank.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the floral department?   1 Answer

Negotiation

He said, "I can only offer you about 28-30 hours and $7.50 to start, which is base pay."