A&W Restaurants Interview Questions

1.9

CarHop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at A&W Restaurants in February 2014.

I met with the manager and assistant manager, both seemed very nice. They asked me questions about previous work experience, sports/vacations/ext that would interfere with work schedule, how would you handle a situation with an unhappy customer, why do you want to work here, things of that nature. Overall not too difficult of an interview, some questions were a little tough but besides that. It was a great interview experience and I got hired on the spot, it was a wonderful experience!

Interview Questions
    • What kind of person/co-worker would you find difficult to work with?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brooklin, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brooklin, ME

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at A&W Restaurants in April 2010.

The process is something like this:

1. You apply on line

2. Somebody call you to make an appointment for a face to face interview

3. You go for an interview and sometimes two people ask questions

4. They call you within a week to let you know if you got the job

Interview Questions
    I was able to let them know that I was willing to star working as a cook, but I wanted to move up within the organization as soon as possible

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at A&W Restaurants in January 2009.

Knew the owner, didn't have an interview. Normally for other people it is just a one on one interview out in the dining room. Just a few series of questions to get to know the person. Decision will be made after, following by a call to let you know if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a difficult question that was asked, other than what hours am I looking at? I didn't have an interview.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at A&W Restaurants.

When i first arrived the hiring manger gave me an application to fill out and once I finished that she took me to a less busier side of the restaurant to interview me. The interview was really simple, she had a sheet of questions in front of her and none of them were general interview questions, they were simple questions like "are you okay with having to clean toilets, floors, equipment, etc". Basically simple yes or no questions, Then after those she just explained how much the uniform would be if i got my job and kept mentioning how fast paced it is there and training. Finally she said she'll talk with her boss on Tuesday and let me know through email if i got the job or not. Now I just wait for tuesday to come and we'll see if I got an offer

Interview Questions
    • How much will you be expecting to make per hour?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at A&W Restaurants in March 2015.

Very straightforward, asked me about my availability and interests. Also asked about my hobbies, what I was taking in school, etc. The hiring manager asked me what I'd use a paperclip for other than holding paper, explaining afterwards that it was to test how creative I was in and how I well thought on my feet.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to do with your life?, Why do you want to work here?, If I were to give you a paperclip right now, other than holding paper, what would you use it for?   Answer Question

Manager Restaurant Design Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at A&W Restaurants.

This was an initial interview question series that is submitted prior to the first interview. Interview process was professional and well administered. Initial interview was with an HR representative and then the second interview was with a senior executive withing the company.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the key questions posed:

1. What has attracted you to this position at this time in your career?

Answer Question
    • 2. What are your career goals?   Answer Question
    • 3. We are all works in progress, with strengths and weaknesses. What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • 4. What experience have you had in working with franchisees and business owners?   Answer Question
    • 5. What does it mean to you for a team to have a customer service focus? Please share some things you have successfully employed as a manager to support busy teams to embrace and sustain a customer focus.   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at A&W Restaurants.

very brief interview....covered basic experience in the field, hours and days of availability and start date. Took place in the dining room of the restaurant and was interupted by various staff members

no short shifts....ie...8 hours only or else don't have me come in

Various Positions Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at A&W Restaurants in August 2014.

I applied in person and the process took a day - interviewed with A&W Restaurants in August 2014.

I applied at a job fair where the manager interviewed me on the spot. I was asked about my previous work experience and availability. I received a call the next morning with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't very difficult at all. Very simple quuestions.   Answer Question

Cash/Cook Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at A&W Restaurants in June 2014.

Very easy. Asked what I was willing to do (clean washrooms, prep food), asked how many hours I could work. Not many questions. Very quick. Was offered the job via email (inviting me to do their unpaid training) only a few minutes after leaving. Interview was in the restaurant while customers were there which was weird but oh well.

Cashier Interview

Submitted resume. Called in for interview. Manager was friendly, asked me about previous experience. All behavioral, i.e 'What to do if customer doesn't like their food."