Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
  www.deloitte.com

Interview Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview(Student Candidate) Philadelphia, PA

A company has acquired many other companies resulting in

multiple transaction and report generating systems and technologies within the main company resulting in a $10 million maintenance bill. As a consultant how would you integrate all the technologies and reduce the maintenance costs.
Answer

Interview Answer

5 Answers

Feel free to ask the interviewer clarifying questions. Stick to the frameworks provided in the website and DO NOT GET NERVOUS!

Interview Candidate on Oct 15, 2012

What framework did you use in this case?
I'm pretty new to case interview, and feel the frameworks are mostly about profit or market. How to use them in tech case interview? Thank you!!

Jenny on Oct 16, 2012

Tech interview frameworks are pretty simple as they are few in number. For this question I applied the implementation strategy framework which turned out to be right. But please do not jump to a conclusion right away. I had to ask many questions and I eventually managed to whittle down the problem to that of an effective and common data management solution where the interviewer offered me multiple choices and I decided to go with the ERP system. And then she asked me how I would go about installing it in multiple offices across the world and in a given time frame etc....It was pretty straightforward from that.

The important takeaway is frameworks are important but do not be bound by them. And they do not look for a right or wrong answer from you, but instead study your thought process and your approach to problems you have no idea about...Hope this helped.

Best of luck!!

chronos on Oct 16, 2012

This post has been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Chronos-- you mentioned tech interview frameworks are simple and few in number. I'm having a hard time finding resources for these frameworks, however. Could you mention/explain the different tech frameworks you've come across, or point me to somewhere I can learn more information? I really appreciate it!

Jay on Mar 22, 2013