A-dec Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 26, 2014
5 interviews

3.2

Trainer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 months - interviewed at A-dec.

A headhunter contacted me, asked if I was interested, then submitted my resume. After that, I worked directly with the recruiter:
    1. Phone screen with recruiter
    2. On site with hiring manager and one of her colleagues
    3. Second on site with hiring manager, then a consultant, then two managers from the business that I'd be working on a project with
    4. Third on site to give 20-minute training to group of employees from HR, including hiring manager and VP
    The entire process from application to offer took 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, but the length of time for the process and the number of trips on site were difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was possible.

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newberg, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newberg, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at A-dec.

2 in house interviews. One with HR and one with my hiring supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Very situational with interviews so be prepared. They don't make it easy. A lot to do with conflict resolution.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Newberg, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR

It helps to know someone already employed with the company. They can get your on-line app reviewed. Expect a long interview process with multiple steps. 1. phone screen; 2. panel interview; 3. job shadow and skill evaluation. The panel interview is situational based questions. Be specific in your examples.

Layout Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newberg, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newberg, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at A-dec in May 2011.

We started with an hour long phone interview, followed by a panel interview with (4) seperate teams, including a facility tour. The final interview was a personal interview over lunch, lasting 2 hours. All interviews were great, providing great feedback and volunteering innovative ideas for the net new position. I was offered and accepted the position, following the third interview. A written offer letter, providing commitment of salary, position, manager, start date, etc. My start date was delayed because I was pregnant and planning a 6 week maternity leave. Everyone was supportive and on board with this delay, until my baby was born early and I offered to start a couple weeks early. I was called the next day and told that they were pulling the job from me, with absolutely no explanation. I tried to reach out to the immediate supervisor, as well as the background reference firm, and noone was allowed to provide me a reason as to the change. I assume it was a budget cut, as this was a net new position for their company, but I could not say for certain. All I did hear was that my final employment screening, as drug screening and feedback from references had nothing to do with this decision.
    This was one of the most unproffesional business encounters that I had ever experienced! That a written offer letter and all subsequent arrangements were made, then to pull the position, with no explanation. Unheard of!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Newberg, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at A-dec in December 2010.

The managers in this company were some of the finest people I ever met. They were clearly searching for compatibility and a team oriented person. I did 1/2 day interviews twice, about a month apart each time. The interviews were friendly and I actually enjoyed doing them. If you come across as knowledgeable in your field you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • How are you able to predict the date of a launch for a new product?   View Answer

I already had taken a job. Due to the long process at A-dec I didn't think that they were serious about me even though I called and let them know that I had another offer. Could they please speed up their decision making process? Unfortunately, they were so process bound that they could not deviate and so I was left with no option.

Worked for A-dec? Contribute to the Community!