Altria

www.altria.com

Altria Territory Sales Manager Interview Question

I interviewed in Cleveland, OH and was asked:
"A new customer who is small and very needy calls you constantly about issues and he is not selling much. This is taking away time from your larger key accounts. Go outside the room for 10 min and write down how you would handle this."
Add Tags [?]
Answer

Part of a Territory Sales Manager Interview Review - one of 191 Altria Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 1

The 1st thing I would do is set up a face to face meeting with this particular client and face these issues one at a time until they are clear. I would also make sure I am coming up with long-term solutions for this customer for their particular issues and the ones I could not help them with then I would direct them down the right path/person to handle the issue. Every customer is important to you, you never know if this person is going to be a large client down the path or even more importantly, a key lead for you. Handle this person the right way and they will potentially give you more business through word of mouth.

- Tim on Dec 9, 2012